Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

An approach I'd like to see

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> An approach I'd like to see Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
An approach I'd like to see - 9/27/2000 4:41:00 AM   
Nii Jima

Instead of doing another "dry" treatment, why don't you guys try to humanize the Pacific War a bit? Only the Civil War, in my opinion, can even compete with the drama of war in this theater, yet up 'til now no one that I know of has tried to communicate that in a game. The PTO exhibited the bloodiest, fiercest fighting certainly in modern history, and perhaps in all of history. Why not communicate what that was like to the guys who did the actual fighting and dying by including appropriate quotes and whatnot throughout the game? But, instead of throwing them in as an afterthought, like some have done in other games, actually put some thought and care into it. Make the player actually *feel* something of what it was like to command and/or fight in that war; for instance, knowing precisely the kind of hell he's about to send thousands of young kids just like his own into to die. Numbers simply can't convey that sort of thing, no matter how large they may be (after all, "one man's death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic"). It's just a thought, and maybe undoable, especially for anyone not disposed to such an intimate view of the war. But it is what has always attracted me to the PTO in the first place, so I'd like to see it included along with the "bare facts." I just can't see how anyone can begin to grasp the full significance of that war without it.

The Marines of WWII. No Rambos they, only true heroes.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> An approach I'd like to see Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI