Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia - 12/5/2004 11:57:50 PM   
robot

North Africa Age Dabia: 0300 Hours 4/18/1941

We are to go up against the British just outside Age Dabia. What a hell hole, hot as hades during the day and colder then northern Russia at nite. To top this off we are in the middle of an infernal sandstorm. Fifty yards visability if that, will nullify most of our fire power. I will have to keep tanks in the same 50 yards as my troops, just in case some thing comes lumbering out of this stuff.

It gets into everything that is open including all your orifeces. Must keep some thing over your barrels right up to the time you fire them. Goin to be one hell of a fight for sure. At least we know the enemy is in the same fix.

Dont know why we got this duty thought we did well in Poland, France and Belgium. Maybe they just needed the best to deal with the British. After all we gave them a beating early 1940. There is no reason to believe we cant do it again.

We have gotten our new replacements and every thing has been repaired. We are up to full strength and rarin to go. Just wish this dam sand storm would let up. Would put my mind more at ease.

Commander XV Panzer Grenadiers Group: Col Rak Rokert

< Message edited by robot -- 12/10/2004 7:11:24 AM >

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia - 12/6/2004 3:54:11 PM   
robot

North Africa Age Dabia: 0315 Hours 4/18/1941

We began our move against the British in the early morning hours at 0300. Heavy sandstorm hard to see more then 50 yards in front of you. A hot breakfast was served with some very hot coffee. The men are in good spirits and confident we will triumph today.

The line is set up so to run NE to SW for about 50 % of the way then turns SE to the southern edge of the map. Looks sort of like a bow but does not curve but has a sharp point in the western center of the bow. The north flank has 3 sections light tanks as its anchor. Next units to the south is 2 plattoons of Engineers. Almost every squad in the line has a piece of armor sitting in its 50 yard wide front.

We moved out as I stated at 0300 by 0310 the north flank had captured the north VH. The south flank is with in 200 yards of there VH. The north has run into 3 recon cars which were almost imediatly destroyed. No loss of the life in either engagement. The troops above the center point have been ordered to hold up and defend what they have. I have ordered the southern part to continue to advance on there objective. What this does is to move the center further up the bow and closer to ther objective. This also allows the north section to mount a defense and hold there objective with strength.

Due to the low visability fighting is wierd. There is no enemy at one moment and in the next they appear as if by magic. It must really catch them by surprise because they dont get much chance to fire before our gunners open up on them.

Commander XV Panzer Grendiers Group; Col Rak Rokert

< Message edited by robot -- 12/10/2004 7:11:57 AM >

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia - 12/6/2004 9:50:28 PM   
robot

North Africa Age Dabia: 0355 Hours 4/18/1941

We have taken the south VH and within 50 yards of the center. It is tough to see any thing at all. The enemy just pops up as if from the ground. The VH are worth 30 per turn and the enemy have had the center and south for the last 30 minutes are so. We should now be able to move and that is not certain. You move 50 yards and 3 or more of the enemy tanks come into view.

I have lost at least 7 armored vehicles so far most in the north when they tried to advance. There 4.5 guns have been meciless from the very start of the battle. They also have 18 inchers pounding us and 2 pound mortars. When i think i have located and dropped some artty down on them they open up again from another location. My 150 are almost out of ammo already. If it hadnt been for them i think we would have been over run before this.

We are holding and inflicting heavy losses on the enemy. This is a much better and organized enemy then the one we fought in early 1940. I am sure they have lost at least a company and maybe more. Also I know we have tore up at least 40 pieces of there armor.

My plan is to take the forward objectives and hold them at all costs. Due to the storm there will be no way for me to reach the rear VH. Hope we take out enough of the enemy that way to have them with draw from the field. Our troops can only move 50 yards at a time in this soup. And really it is hard to get them to try for that 50yards. I have had to threaten to shoot a few of them to get them to advance as far as we are.

Every time I try to use the sig 150, it hurts us as bad as the enemy at times. Due to the 50 yards sight the splash damage takes a few of our men every time they fire. I have been trying to move them into the same area as the tanks. At least they dont seem to hurt them just supress them some what.

< Message edited by robot -- 12/10/2004 7:15:51 AM >

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 3
RE: XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia - 12/7/2004 12:27:27 AM   
KNomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: robot

Every time I try to use the sig 150, it hurts us as bad as the enemy at times.
Due to the 50 yards sight the splash damage takes a few of our men every time they fire.

I feel your pain Robot - hang in there!

The gnome zaps a wand of death. (Nethack)
Don't get hurt! (XCOM: Apocolypse)
Incoming firepower has the Right of Way!
Fire at Will (or Wesley)!

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 4
RE: XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia - 12/7/2004 7:31:45 PM   
robot

North Africa Age Dabia: 0425 Hours 4/18/1941

We have moved up enough to take all forward objectives. But it has been at a terrible loss of life and equipment. These British are putting up a ferocius defense so far. Now all we have to do is hold on to what we have captured.

Several Matilda II have showed up in there attempt to dislodge us. We delt with them so far but they have taken some of our boys with them. The enemy is sending in bits and pieces of squads at the same time.

The north flank has been chewed up but are still holding there own. The south flank has begun a left oblique towards the center, in the hope of flanking the enemy that is holding up the centers progress. They have managed to take the center Vh but have made no progress since then. They were hit by 5 matildas in the last ten minutes.

This bombardment we have been under from the start is starting to take its toll. We have lost at least 25 men and maybe 4 pieces of armor. It is unrelenting in its force and accrucy, hardly ever misses the 50 yard area we are in. There 18 pounders dont do as much damage as the 4.5 guns. But the damage to our morale is even worse.

At least we found and knocked out 3 of those infernal 2 pounder mortars they have so many of. One took out a recon car before we located it. Showed no mercy on that dam crew ill tell you.

PS. Ill bet that dam Karl Vogel is still living it up in Paris and laughing his ass off about us. Hope he gets sent to the Russian front if there ever is one HAAHAA.

< Message edited by robot -- 12/10/2004 7:16:09 AM >

(in reply to KNomad)
Post #: 5
RE: XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia - 12/9/2004 8:31:27 PM   
robot

North Africa Age Dabia: 0450 Hours 4/18/1941

We are pushing and pushing hard for the rear VH. Have maybe 700 yards to get there. Thats a tough 700 yards to boot. The British are beat but they havent given up as yet. One and two men squads are attacking in a frenzy. They must be delt with before we can move on. Dont want any of them to get behind us.

We have located and taken out 5 more of there mortars. Found and took out 3 more Matilda IIs as well. They have also lost at least another company of men as we push them back.

We have run out of ammo for the 150 on call artty. Really hated to get that call from Head Quarters. The 81 mortars ran out of ammo at least 25 minutes ago. Burnt out a couple barrels as well.

There 4.5 guns must be sitting right in a ammo dump. There has been no let up from them from the get go. At least the 2 pounders have been shut down for the time being.

We have lost too many men and too much armor this battle. Going to be hard to get ready for the next one. I hope with all my heart it is clearer then this one. Would really like to use our big guns long range. Show the Brits what kind of shots we are at say a 1000 yards or so. My 88s are usless and the 150 sig might as well be. What with all the collateral damage they have done.

The men have really gotten pissed at the weather. Any British soldier better not get sighted. It is death to any thing and everything that gets in there sights.

I have just got back from the battlefield for an assesment of our chances to reach the rear VH. There is wrecked and burning hulks of armor all along the front line. The only sad part is there is an awful lot of ours laying out there too. I will say one thing the British gave a good account of there selves today.

< Message edited by robot -- 12/10/2004 7:16:27 AM >

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 6
RE: XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia - 12/10/2004 2:42:48 PM   
robot

North Africa Age Dabia: 0510 Hours 4/18/1941

The British have retired from the field. They went with there heads held high. They were actually heard marching off with the band playing long live the Queen. It was a bittterly contested fight up to the very end. Ran into a heck of a lot of those ATR as we got closer to the VH. Lost at least 3 tanks to them maybe more. The tanks got too impatient at the end and out ran the infantry. If ive told them once ive told them a dozen times, that is stupid but I just cant pound it into there heads. Had some of the tank commanders actually wind up in the same 50 yard area with a couple of the ATR squads. Needless to say they went to impationt heaven real quick.

Our losses were extreme due to the low visibility. You had to be right on top of the enemy before you could pick them up. But we picked up quite a few close to 1500 were lost to the empire today. Our losses hurt us even tho we lost only 282 brave soldiers today. I am hoping they have gone to Val Halla to meet our ancestors as well. May they rest in peace.

We managed to rid the world of quite a few of those infernal 2# mortars tho. Knocked out at least 18 of them plus 6 of the 18 pounders along with them. We lost one mortar as well as 6 APC and the worst news was 22 tanks were lost as well. We got 57 of the enemy tanks in compensation tho.

We have been ordered to the rear for a little rest and repair. It looks like we have a long tough road to be back up to full strength. Hope they give us enough time and money to get back up to snuff.

Commander XV Panzer Grenadier Group: Col Rak Rokert

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> XV Grenadiers ther view Vs Brits Aga Dabia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI