Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hand to Hand Combat - is this modeled?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hand to Hand Combat - is this modeled? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hand to Hand Combat - is this modeled? - 6/21/2000 7:44:00 AM   
Calvin

'lo all, Still lovin' this game! I was curious, when you enter the same hex as an enemy squad, is hand to hand modeled somehow? I realize that hand grenades come into effect but... Also, is there any overrun attack modeled for AFV's? do tell, and thanks! Calvin

Post #: 1
- 6/21/2000 7:47:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

No Hand to hand - if you move any unit into the same hex with another unit it will more easily surrender so in a way that covers both in a left-handed sort of way :-)

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 2
- 6/21/2000 10:18:00 AM   
Wild Bill

We had it for a little while, Calvin, but it did not work well in this game. What Paul suggests is about as close as you can get to it. You do get some bloody fighting when you jump into the same hex as the enemy. That is pretty hand to hand if you ask me Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 3
- 6/21/2000 10:25:00 AM   
Calvin

Hey Wild Bill, Thanks for the info. I think the game plays extremely well overall, so I trust certainly your opinion. Play balance is always the key. Calvin

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 4
- 6/21/2000 10:04:00 PM   
Seth

I would put hand to hand on my wishlist. Units could be given a hand-to-hand rating or something. It would be a good way to save ammo, too.

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 5
- 6/22/2000 1:02:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

IT is a good idea, but it needs a whole new code module. I don't know if or when that could be added.

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 6
- 6/22/2000 3:50:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I'll add it the big wish list. You want me to put dismounting cavalry, bike riders and motorcycles too (G). I'd like to have that very much. Swords too! Let's see, those will go on page 25 and be numbered 1002, 1003, 1004...... ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 7
- 6/22/2000 11:28:00 AM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: I'll add it the big wish list. You want me to put dismounting cavalry, bike riders and motorcycles too (G). I'd like to have that very much. Swords too! Let's see, those will go on page 25 and be numbered 1002, 1003, 1004......
While you're at it, go ahead and rename that game. At this rate, we'll have Computer ASL before long...:> (SHH! Don't tell!)

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 8
- 6/22/2000 4:38:00 PM   
Recon_slith

HtH should be pretty far down on the list alright. Close range firefights were common but actual melee was rare- it's just far safer and easier to shoot someone waving a bayonet at you and trying to get close enough to use it. Since grenades, satchel charges ect. can be used at range one it can be taken that this represents such a close range firefight. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 9
- 6/22/2000 7:44:00 PM   
troopie

Melee weapons have been modeled in an off-hand way in the SP series. Go to your OOB editor and create a weapon with O range. Then equip a squad with it. You will get some of the effect of hand to hand in close assaults. In SP2 some units have knives or machetes. In SPWAW the Gurkhas have kukris. I equipped a squad in SPWW2 with swords. They were devastating in assaulting infantry, hopeless against armour. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hand to Hand Combat - is this modeled? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI