Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? - 1/12/2005 5:08:35 PM   
Buggsy

.....and what do command cars do, and scout cars, and dang. :) Each unit need a description on how it effects the game.
Post #: 1
RE: How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? - 1/12/2005 5:53:37 PM   
KNomad

Ammo Trucks & Dumps serve one purpose - to re-supply your units with depleted ammo rounds. A unit must be in or adjacent to the ammo carrier to resupply. I'm pretty sure both units must not have moved during the turn also. Dumps reload more ammo per turn than trucks, and I'm not sure if being adjacent to more than one ammo carrier increases then number of rounds reloaded. Also, being in the hex, as opposed to being adjacent, might reload more rounds too. Someone with more experience could probably answer those specifics.

Command cars are used to transport your A0 HQ, FO and other small units around. They may have 'Recon' spotting ability or not.

Scout cars, et all, are 'Recon' units, and thus have a better chance to spot heretofore unseen enemy units better. Unless I'm mistaken, infantry recon are the best spotters, followed by regular infantry, then recon vehicles, and finally vehicles. A normal vehicles spotting ability is greatly increased by having a loaded infantry unit onboard.

Welcome to the community Buggsy!

Remember - there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers!

The gnome zaps a wand of death. (Nethack)
Don't get hurt! (XCOM: Apocolypse)
Incoming firepower has the Right of Way!
Fire at Will (or Wesley)!

(in reply to Buggsy)
Post #: 2
RE: How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? - 1/12/2005 5:54:39 PM   
plloyd

If they and the unit being reloaded are within one hex, the reloading unit gets ammo. Being in the same hex is faster than one hex. Ammo dumps dispense faster than trucks.

An ammo truck and a few heavy mortars can be a lot of fun.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.

(in reply to Buggsy)
Post #: 3
RE: How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? - 1/12/2005 6:20:09 PM   
Buggsy

Thank you.

Hey, can I use HEAT rounds? Theres a penetration table for HE, AP, APHE, and HEAT. It seems as if the program knows when to use HE and AP correctly, but what about APHE and HEAT?

(in reply to plloyd)
Post #: 4
RE: How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? - 1/12/2005 6:46:54 PM   
KNomad

You have no choice as to what kind of round is used when you use Direct Fire - the programs decides that for you based on the units target type.

I think the program will use a regular AP round if the targets armor values are low enough, saving the APCR/HEAT rounds for the tougher targets.

The gnome zaps a wand of death. (Nethack)
Don't get hurt! (XCOM: Apocolypse)
Incoming firepower has the Right of Way!
Fire at Will (or Wesley)!

(in reply to Buggsy)
Post #: 5
RE: How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? - 1/12/2005 9:03:11 PM   
minefield

Edit: thanks to capt. pixel for setting me straight on the point about reloading

The effect of ammo supply units is cumlative. If you stack two ammo trucks together, they will have the same effect as one ammo dump.

Being in the same hex or in the hex adjacent has no effect on the rate of reload.

edited part>>>Both the Ammo Supply and the reloading unit must be in Good Order (minimal Suppression) and may not expend any movement points during that turn.

Larger bore artillery reloads at a slower rate than smaller bore.

Every type of unit including tanks can reload at a ammo source.

The order of reloading a vehicle is left from right (he, ap, heat, apcr). It has to fill up he before it starts on ap.

Testing done in v8.3

< Message edited by minefield -- 1/12/2005 8:44:58 PM >

never cross a minefield

(in reply to KNomad)
Post #: 6
RE: How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? - 1/12/2005 9:05:02 PM   
minefield

There's a lower maximum range for APCR than for AP. In the encyclopedia, the first number in 64:40 is for AP while the second number is for APCR. If the unit is an artillery piece, the numbers represent max and min ranges.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 7
RE: How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? - 2/6/2005 2:14:28 PM   
Maciste

Nothing's better than having some Katyushas with ammo trucks behind a hill smashing your opponent with indirect fire. Fire some rockets, move to a new position, mark your new objectives, wait and fire. And so goes on until the hurlyburly's done. (by the way, a katyusha rocket with direct fire agains a tank is a wonderful, though inaccurate, tank killer )

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> How do you use ammo-trucks or ammo-dumps? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI