Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More PBEM inconsistencies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> More PBEM inconsistencies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More PBEM inconsistencies - 1/2/2005 5:30:45 PM   
ZonkerHarris

ADavidB and I have played on about another week and a half in game terms since we first posted the inconsistent combat results we had noticed, and the problem has popped up again. Once again the problem appears in a turn that features some surface combat, so perhaps it might be related to that.

My version of the combat report, playing as Japan, is attached to this post; I'll post the version that ADavidB sees as the Allied player in the next below.

As before, any thoughts on what might be causing this problem or how it could be prevented would be appreciated. All saves from turn 1 to date are available if any of the devs / bug hunting team would find them useful. (I suppose this problem could be worked around by the Allied player simply not playing (or not trusting) the combat replay save, but that would seem a little extreme.)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ZonkerH -- 1/2/2005 10:33:28 AM >

"All right you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!"
Post #: 1
RE: More PBEM inconsistencies - 1/2/2005 5:31:16 PM   
ZonkerHarris

And here's the version of the combat report he got from the replay turn.

Attachment (1)

"All right you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!"

(in reply to ZonkerHarris)
Post #: 2
RE: More PBEM inconsistencies - 1/2/2005 6:20:43 PM   
Drongo

In case this makes a difference:

Had ADavidB executed a turn on his machine prior to him running the replay?

Every time (as the Allies) I've had a replay that differed from my opponents it's because I had already had WitP running and had executed a turn (any turn) prior to receiving and running the replay.

I now always exit WitP completely and then restart immediately prior to running the replay. I've had no problems since using this method.

Cheers

Have no fear,
drink more beer.

(in reply to ZonkerHarris)
Post #: 3
RE: More PBEM inconsistencies - 1/2/2005 6:27:12 PM   
ZonkerHarris

Very interesting, Drongo, thanks. I'll ask him to look into this.

(in reply to Drongo)
Post #: 4
RE: More PBEM inconsistencies - 1/3/2005 4:35:20 AM   
ADavidB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drongo

In case this makes a difference:

Had ADavidB executed a turn on his machine prior to him running the replay?

Every time (as the Allies) I've had a replay that differed from my opponents it's because I had already had WitP running and had executed a turn (any turn) prior to receiving and running the replay.

I now always exit WitP completely and then restart immediately prior to running the replay. I've had no problems since using this method.

Cheers

No, I never have WitP running in the background. Whenever I finish a turn, I shut down the game and often reboot my pc. I'm running XP on a fairly new and fairly high level Dell, but WitP still seems to "clog the arteries" of the pc a bit after play. So this turn was run "virgin". A couple of days ago I even cleared out my old saves and other files in the "Save" directory and have only left in the new turns from Zonker.

As with the last time we saw this, the difference in the combat results came after surface combat. What was strange this time was that although I saw my base get captured when I ran the combat save, the base was still mine in the turn.

I've notice one other oddity - Zonker just invaded Tarakan, and my troops there don't seem to "see" his troops - I can't give them attack orders or even bombardment orders. I saw that a few turns back when Zonker invaded Raboul, but I figured that he had pulled his troops out for a turn. The next turn I saw his troops and was able to give bombardment orders. But now that I've seen it again, it appears that something is funny in the invasions.

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to Drongo)
Post #: 5
RE: More PBEM inconsistencies - 1/3/2005 5:37:47 AM   
ZonkerHarris

quote:

ORIGINAL: ADavidB

No, I never have WitP running in the background. Whenever I finish a turn, I shut down the game and often reboot my pc. I'm running XP on a fairly new and fairly high level Dell, but WitP still seems to "clog the arteries" of the pc a bit after play. So this turn was run "virgin". A couple of days ago I even cleared out my old saves and other files in the "Save" directory and have only left in the new turns from Zonker.

As with the last time we saw this, the difference in the combat results came after surface combat. What was strange this time was that although I saw my base get captured when I ran the combat save, the base was still mine in the turn.

I've notice one other oddity - Zonker just invaded Tarakan, and my troops there don't seem to "see" his troops - I can't give them attack orders or even bombardment orders. I saw that a few turns back when Zonker invaded Raboul, but I figured that he had pulled his troops out for a turn. The next turn I saw his troops and was able to give bombardment orders. But now that I've seen it again, it appears that something is funny in the invasions.

Dave Baranyi

Dave was right about my landing at Rabaul -- the unit that landed there wasn't supposed to, so I loaded it up the next turn. And since it was one of the smaller NLF forces (less than 1,000 load in an AP) it probably loaded up instantly.

But that doesn't explain the situation at Tarakan, where I landed some fairly heavy forces and left them there.

(in reply to ADavidB)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> More PBEM inconsistencies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI