Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged or missing in the Coral Sea/South Pacific scens?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged or missing in the Coral Sea/South Pacific scens? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged or ... - 1/6/2005 10:43:50 AM   
Tanaka

Anyone else noticed this???

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 1/6/2005 3:17:33 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 2:08:40 PM   
michaelm75au

It is there in the database of scen #3 and #4 of version 1.4
But the ship's weapons are not the ones for the stated ship's class(see next post)
This would cause confusion for the Ship Information display.
Should be referred to OOB issues.
Michael

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 2:11:03 PM   
michaelm75au

Class

Attachment (1)

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 2:15:45 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

It is there in the database of scen #3 and #4 of version 1.4
But the ship's weapons are not the ones for the stated ship's class(see next post)
This would cause confusion for the Ship Information display.
Should be referred to OOB issues.

Nice catch (as usual by you) Michael!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

Post #: 4
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 2:40:44 PM   
Mr.Frag

If you look at the real Lex class record #237, you'll see they line up properly.

The difficulty with upgraded classes is you have to go and update all the ship records to match the upgraded class record.

For obvious reasons, that is a monumental task.

You'll probably find hundreds of ships like this. In most cases it doesn't really matter, but Radar is a sore spot.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 5
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 2:44:04 PM   
michaelm75au

For the next checker update, I am going to add a specific test to the ship record to ensure that a ship's weapon devices match the actual class weapons.
At the moment the test will usually fail because the number of weapons don't match, but will pass if the number is the same EVEN if the devices differ.
Will also apply to the group record for aircraft weapons.
Michael

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 6
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 2:57:37 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

For the next checker update, I am going to add a specific test to the ship record to ensure that a ship's weapon devices match the actual class weapons.
At the moment the test will usually fail because the number of weapons don't match, but will pass if the number is the same EVEN if the devices differ.
Will also apply to the group record for aircraft weapons.
Michael

_GREAT_ !!!

"Pry" told us that he already used your checking utility for last WitP OOB changes and this would help him a lot!

Leo "Apollo11"

Post #: 7
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 2:58:30 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

If you look at the real Lex class record #237, you'll see they line up properly.

The difficulty with upgraded classes is you have to go and update all the ship records to match the upgraded class record.

For obvious reasons, that is a monumental task.

You'll probably find hundreds of ships like this. In most cases it doesn't really matter, but Radar is a sore spot.

"Pry" already used Michael's checking utility and when Michael adds this new feature in it would help him a lot in future releases...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 8
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 3:07:52 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

"Pry" already used Michael's checking utility and when Michael adds this new feature in it would help him a lot in future releases...

Sure, if Micheal's utility can actually go look at the scenario start date *then* validate that the class record is the correct one for the date *then* update the the ship record to reflect the actual weapons fit out and class it would be a snap.

After that, it's a simple matter of making minor hand adjustments.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 9
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 3:15:06 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

Sure, if Micheal's utility can actually go look at the scenario start date *then* validate that the class record is the correct one for the date *then* update the the ship record to reflect the actual weapons fit out and class it would be a snap.

Well, it does do 2 out of the 3 things.

Next, you will be asking me to read someone's mind and just generate ALL the data automatically.
Michael

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 10
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 3:18:32 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Next, you will be asking me to read someone's mind and just generate ALL the data automatically.

Well, seeing as you are offering ...

Could you throw together a special run that creates a custom leaders file with the leader name replaced with either the ship name or the airgroup name for scenario 15.

It would surely help with the leader bug if we didn't have to think about who was who because their name matched what they were assigned to.

We get 10 people goofing around with that custom scenario, we should have the leader bug fixed in no time.

Post #: 11
RE: Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged... - 1/6/2005 3:25:12 PM   
michaelm75au

That's actually an idea I was actually thinking about with myself.
Okay. I'll get back to you tomorrow or the next day with a file.
It is past midnight here so I will tackle it tomorrow when I get home.

Michael

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Is the Lexington supposed to have its radar damaged or missing in the Coral Sea/South Pacific scens? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI