Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario 9: Turning point bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Scenario 9: Turning point bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario 9: Turning point bug - 1/27/2005 4:48:16 AM   
erstad

Thought I'd try this again, since I think it was misunderstood the first time.

Scenario 9 is a full map scenario. The Japanese planes, ground units, etc. start out attached to the normal full map HQs - Southern Area, 4th fleet, etc. However, many of the Japanese bases start out attached to the sub-HQs - things like 17th Army etc. Not only are the units not attached to, say, 17th army - when you try to change a unit HQ, 17th Army isn't even a choice - it's the normal full map choices. So, you need to spend PP to change virtually every important base from its starting condition.

So, they don't match. I believe that as a full map scenario it should use the normal full map HQs, but if there's some reason it doesn't, then the units need to change to match the sub-HQs.

I spot checked some of the Allied bases, and they looked OK
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario 9: Turning point bug - 1/27/2005 5:54:00 AM   
Mr.Frag

Not sure why you would change the bases, there is no need, those are the hq's that ran those areas.

Or are you saying they don't work?

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario 9: Turning point bug - 1/27/2005 6:47:32 AM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Not sure why you would change the bases, there is no need, those are the hq's that ran those areas.

Or are you saying they don't work?

I'm saying my units suffer all the penalties for being on a base that doesn't match. For example, take the Truk BF ground unit that starts at Truk. In Scen 9, and I believe the campaign as well, that BF starts the game attached to Southeast Fleet.

In the campaign, Truk (the base) itself also starts attached to Southeast fleet. Supposedly, there are advantages (replacement rate,etc.) to having the unit affiliation and the command affiliation match.

In scenario 9, Truk starts attached to SOUTHERN fleet. The Truk BF is not on a base with the same affiliation. Moreover, if you try to change the affiliation of Truk BF, you can't change it to Southern Fleet. If you want them to match, you have to change Truk from Southern Fleet to Southeast Fleet. In fact, I don't think you can change any of the bases to Southern fleet either; when you try to change a base you get the same options you would get in the campaign, which doesn't match the commands many/most of them start on.

Am I coherent yet?

< Message edited by erstad -- 1/27/2005 4:47:59 AM >

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario 9: Turning point bug - 1/27/2005 8:15:58 AM   
Mr.Frag

Hmm, 17th is attached to Southeast Fleet ... bonus should loop through from the boss with is at Rabaul.

Need to check whether 17th not being is play will break it or not. Same deal with southern fleet which ties to suthern army.

< Message edited by Mr.Frag -- 1/27/2005 1:18:10 AM >

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Scenario 9: Turning point bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI