Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CAG overbuilt

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> CAG overbuilt Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CAG overbuilt - 1/28/2005 11:04:21 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

I had transferred the air groups from CVE Nassau to Suva for some training while the CVE underwent repairs - now the Wildcat and the Dauntless squadrons have grown to over 50 planes each - now I can't transfer them back, they are too big...
I have let them fly CAP and search missions while setting them to 'no replacements', but they take too few ops losses. Guess I have to put them on frontline duty in order to cut them down to size again...

Post #: 1
RE: CAG overbuilt - 1/28/2005 1:38:45 PM   
pry

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

I had transferred the air groups from CVE Nassau to Suva for some training while the CVE underwent repairs - now the Wildcat and the Dauntless squadrons have grown to over 50 planes each - now I can't transfer them back, they are too big...
I have let them fly CAP and search missions while setting them to 'no replacements', but they take too few ops losses. Guess I have to put them on frontline duty in order to cut them down to size again...

Nassau carries VR-1F and VR-1B (Replacement Squadrons) you can load them back on the ship with out problems, VR squadrons are not meant to be used for combat operations they resupply the fighting carriers while at sea or away from bases where the normal replacement rules would apply (ie: 20,000 supplies). The VR squadrons will grow to 50 aircraft each either on land or on board the CVE.

They never conduct flight operations while on board their CVE, they fly off in ones and twos to bring the main carriers back up to strength so it is a good idea to assign another CVE or two to supply cap for these ships as they will not defend themselves.

Players really should not take VR squadrons off of the CVE' they are assigned to.

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 2
RE: CAG overbuilt - 1/28/2005 6:20:52 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Ah, that explains it - thank you very much, pry! Never wasted a thought on the meaning of 'VR' - guess it is time to RTFM...

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> CAG overbuilt Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI