Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 12:30:22 AM   
BraveHome

Not quite sure what to make of this numbers behavior:

At the beginning of my Japanese PBEM turn after combat, I check my Intelligence screen and see a number for my Manchukuo Garrison hovering around 8100. But, after a save/reload, the number is at my more expected 8900-9000 level (I'm conservative by nature). I have not moved troops in/out of Manchukuo in some time.

Anyone else seeing this, and/or have an explanation for it?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 1:41:38 AM   
WiTP_Dude

This is normal and not a bug. Supposed to make you, the player, not be gamey and only put 8001 assualt points in there.

(in reply to BraveHome)
Post #: 2
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 4:54:38 AM   
BraveHome

But a drop of 1,000 Assault Points per turn is a little hard to swallow

I'm currently in danger of activating Russia when I thought I had nearly 9,000 APs there

(in reply to WiTP_Dude)
Post #: 3
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 10:41:46 AM   
Arkady

same problem here

In my current PBEM team game Manchukuo garrison numbers moving around 1000 pts up and down, from 7.700 to 8.700

Arkady

(in reply to BraveHome)
Post #: 4
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 2:27:06 PM   
Captain Cruft

No it is a bug and has already been reported several times. It was reported to be fixed at one stage but this is not the case. I do see it happen less frequently now though.

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 5
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 2:45:34 PM   
BraveHome

Hm...if it is not a bug, why was an attempt made to 'fix' it?

Oh, well, so long as the sleeping bear is not roused, I'm OK with this.... (gulp)

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 6
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 2:46:48 PM   
BraveHome

But Russia not activated, even when the number showed 7,700? That's gotta be unsettling!

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 7
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 4:02:11 PM   
mogami

Hi, The Soviets may not activate when garrision too low. They don't check if garrision OK but if too low they make a check. The lower the garrison the higher the chance Soviets activate.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to BraveHome)
Post #: 8
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 4:16:33 PM   
jeanbart_MF

each time I see your japanese problems with Manchukuo Garrison, ressources, industry I feel a little bit more happy to play the US side !!! You have chosen the most complicated side in the most complicated wargame, congratulations !!!!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

(in reply to BraveHome)
Post #: 9
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 7:57:39 PM   
AmiralLaurent

quote:

ORIGINAL: BraveHome

But Russia not activated, even when the number showed 7,700? That's gotta be unsettling!

If I understood well what was said last time, if your screen is showing one day 9000 and the other 7700 the true valor is probably closer than 9000.

And Soviet will check only if the true valor is under 8000. And this is a check, not auto-activation.

Anyway even if the screen is showing 7700 that don't mean that there is a check, if you don't pull out any unit from here.

As someone said, the variable number is to make wonder the Japanese player what its real strenght in Manchouoko is. Suspect Japanese commanders in the area really don't like players take units away, so just hide their real strenght. Except on pay days, when they report full strength and even a little more.

(in reply to BraveHome)
Post #: 10
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 8:04:29 PM   
Mr.Frag

The number is calculated when the turn runs. If you look at it before messing with any units, that is the correct number. To keep it updated would mean that you'd have to recalculate each time you touched anything. That would slug down the interface even further for people with slower machines. Hit your I key and read it before shuffling.

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 11
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 8:55:52 PM   
AmiralLaurent

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

The number is calculated when the turn runs. If you look at it before messing with any units, that is the correct number. To keep it updated would mean that you'd have to recalculate each time you touched anything. That would slug down the interface even further for people with slower machines. Hit your I key and read it before shuffling.

I don't understand. The only way we can modify this number during the turn is to change the Command to an open one and then load the troops in a ship. Not something most people do from manchoukuo every turn. All air and land movement will be during the execution of turn, not the order phase.

Anyway that didn't explain why the number moves greatly one day after the another while you don't move units and all are supplied.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 12
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 9:26:51 PM   
moses

The number always seems OK the first time I check it. If I check it later in the turn it seems to go up. But next turn its right where it should be. The problem will come if you check you VP screen for some other reason and then later check the screen to help you decide if you want to move a russian unit. You see you 8800 AV so you send a unit to China. Several turns later the Soviets activate.

Still not a major problem if you are half paying attention. More its just a curiosity what makes it change like that. 99 times out of a hundred I don't touch anything in that theater.

< Message edited by moses -- 1/26/2005 1:28:08 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/26/2005 10:18:08 PM   
Mr.Frag

Even splitting a unit that is not moving at all will modify the numbers. Like I said, go with the first number you see, thats what is used when the turn runs.

Post #: 14
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/27/2005 12:23:19 AM   
BraveHome

Now I'm happy. Thanks!

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 15
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/27/2005 12:27:00 AM   
BraveHome

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

Suspect Japanese commanders in the area really don't like players take units away, so just hide their real strenght. Except on pay days, when they report full strength and even a little more.

My commanders are more patriotic than that! They hide their true strength to befuddle the allegedly superior Allied intelligence networks....

Post #: 16
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/27/2005 12:29:21 AM   
BraveHome

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeanbart

each time I see your japanese problems with Manchukuo Garrison, ressources, industry I feel a little bit more happy to play the US side !!! You have chosen the most complicated side in the most complicated wargame, congratulations !!!!

The problem is, it's all beginning to seem so simple now. I think my brain has finally turned into Sakified mush....

(in reply to jeanbart_MF)
Post #: 17
RE: Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable - 1/27/2005 12:30:26 AM   
BraveHome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mogami

Hi, The Soviets may not activate when garrision too low. They don't check if garrision OK but if too low they make a check. The lower the garrison the higher the chance Soviets activate.

Ah, yes, I remember that now. Whew!

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Manchukuo Garrison Numbers Unstable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI