Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Worst Fears Confirmed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Worst Fears Confirmed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Worst Fears Confirmed - 6/27/2000 2:52:00 AM   
bigjim

I was afraid if the arty and planes were made more effective it would ruin the game and in my opinion that is what has happened. The AI suffers NO LOS problems and ALWAYS knows where "key" assets are and now with the MUCH more effective arty and planes they just fly in and ruin or rout a good defense. I would not have a problem if the playing field was level which it is not, the AI needs some help, but this is TOOO MUCH help and for me ruins the game. BigJim

Post #: 1
- 6/27/2000 2:59:00 AM   
Voriax

Tried the Artillery preferences settings yet? Those affect your arty too, which may be what you don't want. I haven't played that much yet with the new version, but in the 'tigers in the snow' scenario the russkie sturmoviks made perhaps a dozen passes, causing a one tank kill and FO vehicle kill. Also the planes did a lot of course corrections during their runs to seek targets. I think they worked fine, perhaps I was lucky (I was playing Germans) Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 2
- 6/27/2000 3:10:00 AM   
victorhauser

What scenario were you playing and what settings were you using, Jim? I want to see if I can duplicate your experience.

VAH

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 3
- 6/27/2000 5:17:00 AM   
victorhauser

I just played a small battle where I was defending with a bunch of jeeps and halftracks and scouts against a Japanese assault. After repeated bombings and strafings and shellings, the Japanese were able to overrun my force, but it took everything they had to do it. The artillery and aircraft worked as advertised--they are more powerful but not overpowering. I saw no problems. In fact, I was happy with the way the new artillery rules worked. My force was constantly being suppressed by near misses and the whole battle had a very authentic feel to it. Since this is my first test battle with the new rules, I'll have to play it some more to give a more definitive conclusion. But as for now, everything looks fine with the new artillery and air rules.

VAH

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 4
- 6/27/2000 2:36:00 AM   
bigjim

Hiya Vic, I was playing the patton camp with the new system and the arty and planes have mixed a tank or two every turn it comes in and the troops just run away leaving the door open, perhaps I have missed a setting somewhere??? BigJim

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Worst Fears Confirmed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI