Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Land Movement/Combat bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Land Movement/Combat bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Land Movement/Combat bug? - 2/18/2005 8:04:24 PM   
DesertedFox

Hi guys,
Post #: 1
RE: Land Movement/Combat bug? - 2/18/2005 8:11:47 PM   
DesertedFox

Okay, lets try that again, without hitting the "enter" button. I have recently seen in China playing version 1.40 a couple of strange situations. Firstly Chinese units surrounded on 5 sides by either Jap units or a "J" hex and plotting movement to a hex only occupied by Chunese units being stuck forever on 59 miles. thats is to say the will not move that last mile into the hex only occupied by Allied units. Later these same units were attacked and had only 1 available hex to retreat to, different from the one they tried to move to earlier and they did retreat, which was nice. By why wouldn't they move to the hex only occupied by allied units.

Secondly, same game a small Chinese unit was getting the *&^% knocked out of it by the Japs and had Jap units or"J" hex all around except 1 hex, which was neutral, no Allied or Jap had entered the hex. Odds got up to like 150 to 1 and the Chinese unit refused to retreat to the vacant hex about 3 times before it was finally eliminated completely.

Bug, or game design?

Deserted Fox

(in reply to DesertedFox)
Post #: 2
RE: Land Movement/Combat bug? - 2/18/2005 8:20:07 PM   
Mr.Frag

Units that were moving then had their path cut from a supply standpoint do not loose the movement accrued. Sounds like that is your first situation ... can not longer trace a supply path so can not finish the move.

Your second part ... if the supply path could not be traced due to distance, the unit may not be able to retreat. It will fight in place, suffering extra losses when a retreat roll happens.

Post #: 3
RE: Land Movement/Combat bug? - 2/18/2005 9:27:00 PM   
DesertedFox

Thansk Frags, thinking back on the situation now, I believe you are correct in BOTH instances. I just didn't take the rules that extra mile. Initially the guys at Yenen could trace distance to travel/supply by actually going east as the Japs were behind in the west, then they(japs) moved on that road which still left a valid hex to move to but it most likely swamped the overland movement/supply in terms of distance to travel by medium, raod, woods etc..

Also the second one with the unit being attacked, there was no way of getting to a supplied hex.

thanks for clearing that up as usual Frag.

Deserted Fox.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Land Movement/Combat bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI