Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some units don't want to march

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Some units don't want to march Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some units don't want to march - 3/4/2005 2:56:15 AM   
Tristanjohn

I'm talking about Australian Command troops. Hit the destination toggle and when you come back to the unit screen as often as not there is no destination shown. About half or better of the time when this happens the unit does not march--sometimes it marches anyway, with its proper destination shown the next turn.

Can't find anything in the rules re rail capacity that might cause this. Anyone have an idea or seen the same thing?
Post #: 1
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/4/2005 6:19:18 AM   
Mr.Frag

Do you have the unit selected properly? (does it have the highlite box around it on the bottom line)

This sounds like you might be issuing orders to the first unit in the ehx by not selecting the actual unit you want to order.

(in reply to Tristanjohn)
Post #: 2
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/4/2005 10:04:22 AM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Do you have the unit selected properly? (does it have the highlite box around it on the bottom line)

This sounds like you might be issuing orders to the first unit in the ehx by not selecting the actual unit you want to order.

I go into the unit display, then click on the individual unit I want to march. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not.

In Darwin it becomes more interesting still. For the past two consecutive turns I've ordered a specific base Dutch base force which has recuperated to march over to Derby. Keep in mind I've tried this twice now, and on both occasions some other unit started marching instead.

Down in Brisbane I had trouble ordering a division to head out to Townsville. Finally, I divided this offending unit into regiments and all immediately accepted their marching order without a murmur.

Like I've said, even when the march destination hex toggle malfunctions the ordered unit still sometimes marches. But then again that means sometimes it does not.

Frustrating. Is any of this known? What's going on?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/4/2005 11:28:49 AM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

I think I see what you mean now, Ray. I've tried it with the box for the unit in question (in the lower panel) highlighted for sure this time. We'll see next turn if that does the trick.

If that is the problem how did that ever escape beta? Did Gary just never get around to it?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 4
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/4/2005 3:34:10 PM   
Mr.Frag

Post #: 5
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/4/2005 3:50:32 PM   
Iron Duke

Hi,

Try accessing the unit screen by clicking on the Lcu icon , bottom left of the base icon, select unit to move then set destination. At present that is the only way I can order movement of my LCU's , don't know why ? curruption ( playing a modified scen 15, v1.4 ) bug ?

cheers

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore

Post #: 6
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/4/2005 8:58:26 PM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

What is that for? I happen to have a gazillion units in Darwin (more than two pages worth) and in that case it's easier to access units by hitting on the flag icon and calling up the unit list than to struggle through the lower unit panel. The unit list is something that ought to work correctly, yes? I'm only surprised it took me this long to stumble across the problem.

This should have been fixed a long time ago.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 7
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/4/2005 9:33:14 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Would you care to find a note reporting it before 1.4?

Post #: 8
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 12:34:49 AM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

quote:

Would you care to find a note reporting it before 1.4?

I'm unclear as to your message.

No, I wouldn't care to find a note prior to v1.4 which reports this issue. I have no interest in trying to. I asked in my opening post if this was something others were aware of, yes?

My position is it's in the game now and ought not to be. If it's been there for awhile (only since v1.4 you seem to imply) then it should have been taken care of. That's simple enough. If it is something new (introduced with v1.4) then why not just come out and say this directly?

Listen. Are we here to try to improve the game or is this just more "fun and games" on your part, Ray? Speaking for myself, I only want to make WitP as good as it can be.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 9
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 1:27:34 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Listen. Are we here to try to improve the game or is this just more "fun and games" on your part, Ray? Speaking for myself, I only want to make WitP as good as it can be.

If that was truely the case, you would quit with the snippy shots at the beta team and GG as it accomplishes nothing except annoy people.

Post #: 10
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 2:46:09 AM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

quote:

If that was truely the case, you would quit with the snippy shots at the beta team and GG as it accomplishes nothing except annoy people.

It annoys some people, Ray. To include you, no doubt.

But is that also to say that as long as I annoy you then you will give my input less consideration . . . at the possible cost of making WitP a better simulation? Are you that self-centered? Please say it isn't so.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 11
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 3:37:23 AM   
Nomad

Frag, you have to completely spell out your remarks to TJ, otherwise he doesn't seem to understand.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 3/4/2005 6:38:25 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 4:45:49 AM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Frag, you have to completely spell out your remarks to TJ, otherwise he doesn't seem to understand.

Well, here we go again. If you have nothing intelligent to say . . . just say it anyway?

I think I understand Ray all too clearly. And you, too. Sad to say.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 13
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 2:28:48 PM   
Mr.Frag

Is it so unreasonable to expect that people show some manners when dealing with other people?

I don't expect you to like us, but taking shots at the team is just not acceptable form.

The fact that I am even bothering to reply to you should tell you the kind of person I am. The fact that you have continued down the path of tossing barbs pretty much tells everyone the kind of person you are. If you think it will accomplish anything apart from even more testers simply saying "Thanks, but I have better things to do with my life" and quitting, you are sadly mistaken.

Post #: 14
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 7:38:01 PM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

Is it so unreasonable to expect that people show some manners when dealing with other people?

I don't expect you to like us, but taking shots at the team is just not acceptable form.

The fact that I am even bothering to reply to you should tell you the kind of person I am. The fact that you have continued down the path of tossing barbs pretty much tells everyone the kind of person you are. If you think it will accomplish anything apart from even more testers simply saying "Thanks, but I have better things to do with my life" and quitting, you are sadly mistaken.

Look, Ray. Let's analyze this objectively.

What "shots" at "the team" have I really taken except to jab Joel every now and then for the reason he isn't so hot on after-market support of products, and also to take Gary to task over the matter that his Pacific games have all, each and every one of the them, been released with trumped-up Japanese bonuses of one kind or another which by and large cannot be easily supported from history? Aside from that, I've always given Matrix and 2by3 in general high marks for the overall quality of their software and the kind of support they afford their gamers, this to include the work you and the other moderators and testers do on these boards.

Isn't that so?

Meanwhile, I just think you're being selfish to suggest you'd afford my feedback and observations less consideration than anyone else's. The object of these boards is many, I'm sure. But the object of this board in particular is to get down to the nub of the issues extant with WitP and, where possible, deal with them effectively.

Isn't that also so?

I guess I mean this. What is your job here when it all boils down, to take petty offense at people who do not trumpet the company line in every respect as you happen to see fit, or to offer the best possible support for the company's products and customers?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 15
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 8:47:49 PM   
BillBrown

Are we to assume that these comments are supposed to be complmentry to the testers and the developers?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tristanjohn

quote:

I think I see what you mean now, Ray. I've tried it with the box for the unit in question (in the lower panel) highlighted for sure this time. We'll see next turn if that does the trick.

If that is the problem how did that ever escape beta? Did Gary just never get around to it?

Post #: 16
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 9:08:29 PM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

Are we to assume that these comments are supposed to be complmentry to the testers and the developers?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tristanjohn

quote:

I'm not necessarily here to be "complimentary" all the time. I want a better game. If my little jabs upset you as well, try to ignore them. You'll get over it, or something like that.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 17
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 9:29:29 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

I'm not necessarily here to be "complimentary" all the time. I want a better game. If my little jabs upset you as well, try to ignore them. You'll get over it, or something like that.

To bad some people just can't learn to communicate without being anal. You might want to try turning your chair rightside up before sitting on it, might improve your mood.

Post #: 18
RE: Some units don't want to march - 3/5/2005 10:03:13 PM   
tsimmonds

If a server regularly pisses off guests, his tips will be lousy. If a guest regularly pisses off servers, sooner or later one of them will spit in his food (or worse).

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Some units don't want to march Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI