Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

can't get out of spacedock

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> can't get out of spacedock Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can't get out of spacedock - 2/23/2002 1:21:00 PM   
BP

my frigate was parked at spacedock for some technology upgrades. one of my enemies dared send his last ship (a puny scout) into my home system. i could blast him easily but i can't get my friggin ship out of spacedock!!!! this and the previous problem (can't attack derelict vessels) lead me to believe that a MAJOR bugfix to this game has to be forced combat!!! God this is annoying!!!

Post #: 1
- 2/23/2002 5:02:00 PM   
madmax88

Maybe your frigate undocked during the attack..
Or maybe the personnel on the spacedock went on a coffee break and forgot all about your ship.. Just select "Cancel" and reselect the mission. Your ship will undock and redock continuing with the last item it was upgrading. From scratch though.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 2
- 2/24/2002 2:02:00 AM   
BP

Believe me, i tried cancelling the mission. But, there was no "attack enemy ship" mission to select. My choices were "return to Sol", "patrol Sol system" (in which case, I think it just redocked), etc.

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 3
- 2/24/2002 3:44:00 AM   
madmax88

You might have had no weapon at all on your ship at the time. All outdated technology is unmounted from ships before upgrading. ...or a bug .

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 4
- 2/24/2002 4:08:00 AM   
BP

No, I had the latest weapons (laser beams being my current state of the art), I just couldn't undock and attack. Maybe there should be a mission to "attack selected ship" after clicking on the target with the mouse. Sort of like clicking on a system and then focusing on one of your worlds and selecting "build freighter for...".

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 5
- 2/24/2002 11:45:00 AM   
BP

PS:
Max, I meant to ask- are you just a benevolent fan/player of the game or are you affiliated with Matrix or Andrew? Either way I am very thankful for your informed answers. There are only a few games I've really gotten to like this much. I was an early Doom/Quake adopter and later moved on to Civilization I & II, then Baldur's Gate I-IIb. I'd pretty much run out of enthusiasm for BG when I ran, quite randomly, across STUN.

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 6
- 2/25/2002 5:11:00 AM   
madmax88

Pleasure.
Just a fan though.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> can't get out of spacedock Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI