Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply usage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Supply usage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply usage - 6/6/2005 7:01:24 PM   
toddtreadway

As it stands now I think the supply rules work as follows. If there is a combat unit in Space A with a supply unit also starting the turn in Space A and then I move a supply unit from another space to Space A, when I move that combat unit from Space A it will use the supply unit that started in Space A and not the one I just moved into that space from the other location. Typically you would want to use the supply unit you just moved into the space first so you could move the supply unit from Space A along with the combat unit that started in Space A.

I'd like to see the usage changed to automatically use supply units that can't move anymore BEFORE supply units that still can move. You can get around this problem by moving supply units out of a space, moving other supply units in and supplying your combat units, and then undoing the original supply units' moves, but this is tedious.

< Message edited by toddtreadway -- 6/6/2005 7:34:57 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Supply usage - 6/6/2005 11:24:22 PM   
aletoledo

I've taken to doing it as you mentioned last, moving the supply out of the region and then undoing the move after you've spent what you need to do.

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply usage - 10/28/2005 8:01:49 PM   
toddtreadway

The other guys I'm playing with all noticed this problem as well. The game by default uses the nonmoved supply units first. It is tedious to have to shuffle the supply out, move the units you want to move, then undo the move of the supply units just so they did not get consumed. I can't think of any reason why it would be desirable to consume unmoved supply units first.

Thus, how about making a change to the system to always consume moved supply units first?

(in reply to aletoledo)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply usage - 10/28/2005 9:15:15 PM   
silodhlehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

The other guys I'm playing with all noticed this problem as well. The game by default uses the nonmoved supply units first. It is tedious to have to shuffle the supply out, move the units you want to move, then undo the move of the supply units just so they did not get consumed. I can't think of any reason why it would be desirable to consume unmoved supply units first.

Thus, how about making a change to the system to always consume moved supply units first?

If you insist on a cretain supply supplying a certain region I think you should specify from where.

Have a grid come up that says x will cost 5 supplies specify what area to take from.

Have the grid consist of all the areas that have existing supplies. Grey out ones that can't make it and let you choose. Plus you'll know how close you are to ruining your empire.

Personally
"what do you mean I'm out of supplies"
Is something I say all the time.

If you want to do it while moving a unit press f3 etc. If not do a normal move & it wouldn't slow the game.

I don't know how long I'll be bewildered by the supply rules. I never know where they are comming from.

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply usage - 10/28/2005 10:07:20 PM   
Lebatron

Well, when it matters I just use the side toolbar. You know, the oil icon. Select that then click on the region you want to supply from. In this way you can use the "further back" supplies first. But what your suggesting would make sense. Why its not that way to begin with I couldn't guess. You'd think that moved supply should get burned up first. The other thing that puzzles me is why the useless train icon trumps the resource icon.

(in reply to silodhlehan)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply usage - 10/28/2005 10:19:14 PM   
Daykeras

Cause trains are cooler looking than that other thing that represents resources! DUH!

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Supply usage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI