Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Sequel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> The Sequel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Sequel - 7/14/2006 4:32:18 AM   
Forwarn45

I noticed the link to this announcement in the WITP forum. Anyway, I'm sure an announcement from Matrix itself is imminent but 2x3 beat them to the punch.

http://www.2by3games.com/devjournal/index.html
Post #: 1
RE: The Sequel - 7/14/2006 5:52:53 PM   
kondor

a world devided... (AWD)
but there is still nothing official from matrix...
I wonder will it be just expansion for GGWaW or completly stand alone game...
Probably expansion...

(in reply to Forwarn45)
Post #: 2
RE: The Sequel - 7/15/2006 8:49:33 AM   
a511

while i would like to know that its an expansion rather than a new game, my gut feeling after reading the diary is that its a new game ... but i hope i was wrong.

anyway AWD looks promising, esp the way US and RUS DOW ... at last, it takes into consideration the action of axis on neutrals and how aggressive they are, instead of a fixed trigger date ...

btw, it would be nice for the matrix ppl to take a look at the MOD forum re: whether JP's aggression at south east asia (ex. philippine) would trigger US DOW.

a511

(in reply to kondor)
Post #: 3
RE: The Sequel - 7/18/2006 1:35:58 AM   
christian brown

Great Improvements!  Problems noted so far:
typos in the tutorial section
tutorial on Spec Ops skips to tutorial for movement
Spec Ops screen graphics show a german eagle cap for all nations on security upgrade
No dedicated transport aircraft or landing craft?
Looks like great fun though, I´ll probably spend lots of time tomorrow playing a full blown scenario
V/r

(in reply to a511)
Post #: 4
RE: The Sequel - 7/18/2006 4:52:25 PM   
jbunnelle

Excellent.  Sounds very similar to the overhaul given to HOI2 in the Doomsday release, although I have a feeling spies/intel will be implemented much better here.  Can't wait to try it out.

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 5
RE: The Sequel - 7/19/2006 6:28:10 AM   
jchastain

Did they not rework the tech system?  I always thought it was one of the worst parts of this game, incenting all the wrong behaviors and leading to downright silly concentrations in the force pool.

(in reply to jbunnelle)
Post #: 6
RE: The Sequel - 7/19/2006 8:29:20 AM   
Joel Billings

Yes and no. By the last major WaW patch, research had been changed quite a bit by rules that made it very difficult to continue research once signifcantly over the world standard. Also, there are limits in the early years in how much research can be done. In addition, changes to the combat system have changed some of the dynamics of the usefullness of some research. The basic system is there, but we feel it has improved a lot from the original WaW (although we still think it is one of the things that makes WaW different in a better way than most other strategic WWII games - players have some choices about weapons which can go in sync with their overall strategies). I can understand though how some might not like it, and I don't claim it to be perfect.

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> The Sequel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI