Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installing software when not install software

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Installing software when not install software Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing software when not install software - 6/10/2005 5:37:46 AM   
scout1

Wanting to install some new software on my desktop (XP) system. However, won't let me as it thinks it is in the process of installing something else. Tried a couple different times with different things and always get the message that I need to complete the first install first. Problem is that I don't think "I'm" installing anything but it sure does and it is stuff. How do I convince it that it is not installing anything so I can install something that I want too.....
Post #: 1
RE: Installing software when not install software - 6/15/2005 3:56:10 AM   
Belphegor

Occasionally that can be caused when the first piece of software requires a reboot, and you have said you would do it later. If you haven't already, try rebooting to finish the first install.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: Installing software when not install software - 6/16/2005 6:16:28 AM   
Pippin

I have had similar problems in the past. My main problem that bugs me currently, is I have some files that I am trying to delete, but XP thinks they are in the middle of an install run, and I can not delete them.

ARgggh.

And to be honest, I now got dozens of files scattered about my box that I can not deleted because for one reason or another, xp thinks they are being used by another app. This even occurs if I reboot into safe mode. I figure trojans may be involved, but I have scanned through everything and can not find the culprits. I realy do wish there was a utility to show me which program is using a certain file that isnt really being used!

I have not been able to defrag in ages, because YOU GUESSED IT, xp thinks the files are in use so they just won't budge.

Nelson stood on deck and observed as the last of the Spanish fleets sank below the waves…

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Installing software when not install software Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI