Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.03: wrong count of remaining units and %

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> 1.03: wrong count of remaining units and % Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.03: wrong count of remaining units and % - 6/10/2005 9:31:50 PM   
nukkxx5058

Hi, I have the feeling that the count of remaining units and % is wrong now I've installed 1.03.

For exemple, in a scenario I had about 35 survivors and the purcentage indicated was 2% (in soviete tank rush scenario playing NATO).

Also, the count was not exact. When i counted by myself, I had only 24 remaining runners.

Did somebody else notice such problems ?

< Message edited by nukkxx -- 6/10/2005 10:18:59 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1.03: wrong count of remaining units and % - 6/10/2005 11:01:05 PM   
CapnDarwin

nukkxx,

Do you have a save game you could post so we could look at it? Did you count any "off board" assests like arty or aircraft?

We'll check it out.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.03: wrong count of remaining units and % - 6/11/2005 9:43:58 AM   
nukkxx5058

Hi I unfortunately didn't save the game.And also, I didn't count of map assets. However, there is still a problem with the purcentage because with 35 assests representing 2%, this means my initial line was of 1750 assets ! (which is definitely not the case in this scenario. It was indicated 99 at the begining of the game). (so I should have somethig close to 35%)
I'll check again and revert.

< Message edited by nukkxx -- 6/11/2005 10:28:32 AM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.03: wrong count of remaining units and % - 6/11/2005 10:29:30 AM   
nukkxx5058

OK, I think I understand for the %.
It's not based on the number of units but "strengh" (according to the label). That would explain why the number doesn't match.
Could you check how this purcentage is calculated ? Because if it was based on number of units, it would be wring (I just tried again).

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.03: wrong count of remaining units and % - 6/11/2005 3:31:49 PM   
CapnDarwin

We'll give it a look.
EDIT: I looked at it and the # of runners calc looks good. It is the sum of both on and off map units. The percentage appears to have an error were it is taking the total number of killed units over the on map runners. The problem is the total number of killed units includes offmap kills. I thinking we never looked at this when we added CB kills to arty off map. It is on my list this morning for Rob to look at. Should be an easy fix. Nice find.

< Message edited by Capn Darwin -- 6/11/2005 4:09:57 PM >

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.03: wrong count of remaining units and % - 6/11/2005 7:37:55 PM   
IronManBeta

There are 2 issues here:

1. "# of Runners" - A runner is a subunit that is still active in the game. It can be on map or off-map, and can be any type of unit at all. It is basically a count of how many vehicles you have left. In the heat of combat most commanding officers (ie you) obsess over how many runners they have. They are not interested in hearing a detailed report about why the ones that are fallen out are that way and when they will get back - that is a problem for the staff. The CO just wants to know the total count of active vehicles because that will give him a feel for what kind of combat potential he has left and therefore what he can do next.

2. "% of Line Strength" - Line strength is limited to just tanks, infantry vehicles, and recon vehicles. It counts the people who are available to occupy ground for victory purpsoes. It excludes HQ, anti-tank, air defense, artillery, helicopters, etc. It is not these are not vitally important, but their job is not to occupy ground the way the line units do. The design is that when % line strength falls below a certain fraction of your starting line strength then you have lost and the game is over - this is the Sudden Death rule. If you start with say 50 line subunits and 50 non-line you will have 100 runners. If you lose 40 line subunits you will have 60 runners and only 20% line strength and sudden death kicks in.

I hope this makes it clear. Last time I looked it was doing the calculations correctly but if you still feel they are wrong just post again and upload a saved game to illustrate it. That will let me nail the problem very quickly indeed.

Thanks, cheers, Rob

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> 1.03: wrong count of remaining units and % Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI