Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tech knowledge...HELP!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tech knowledge...HELP!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tech knowledge...HELP!!! - 6/26/2000 5:46:00 PM   
Deutscher Aufklarung

Anyone...please...I'm an "idiot" when it comes to terminology and instructions that yield to "copying the ABC into EFG and saving into the XYZ, with the exception of the QRM...and, oh yeah, be sure to delete the LMN before you copy OPQ, etc., etc." Okay, I know, the example was kinda long. But anyway, can someone tell me what OOB's, LBM's, etc. are? In addition, can someone explain (on a grammar school level) EXACTLY what I need to do in order to get the best (all of the advancements) out of the patch? Hey you guys, sorry about my naivety...I just want to learn and enjoy. ------------------ "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"
Post #: 1
- 6/26/2000 5:50:00 PM   
Drake666

Will I will try to help OOB : Out of beer LBM : Large Beer moog

(in reply to Deutscher Aufklarung)
Post #: 2
- 6/26/2000 6:10:00 PM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Deutscher Aufklarung: But anyway, can someone tell me what OOB's, LBM's, etc. are?
Good explanation Drake However: OOB = Order Of Battle. Name of the file that contains units, weapons and formations for each country. you can view and edit these with the included oob editor. They reside in the SPWAW root directory LBM = These graphic files are the unit pics you see in the encyclopedia. Also that nice weather infor pic in the upper right corner is such a pic. You can browse/edit these with Paint Shop Pro, for example. SHP = these graphic files contain the unit pics that are on the game map. Also terrain graphics are contained in these files. If other shorties confuse you, ask here or just drop me a mail. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 3
- 6/26/2000 6:32:00 PM   
Drake666

For real this time. AA .......... Antiaircraft AA/AT ...... Antiaircraft-Antitank Armd C ...... Armored Car Arty ......... Artillery AT .......... Antitank Bcl .......... Bicycle Bn .......... Battalion Br .......... .Bridge arty ........ .artellery C ............ Combat Co .......... Company Det .......... Detachment Div .......... Division Engr ......... Engineer Fld .......... Field Fiis .......... Fiiselier GHQ ........ General Headquarters Gren ......... Grenadier Gun/How .... Gun-Howitzer H ........... Horse H-Trk ....... Half-track How ........ .Howitzer Hq .......... Headquarters Hv MG ...... Heavy Machine Gun Hv Wpn Co ... Heavy Weapons Company Inf .......... Infantry LMG ........ Light Machine Gun MG ......... Machine Gun Mort ........ Mortar Mtd ......... Mounted Mtr ......... Motor Mtrcls ....... Motorcycles Mtz ......... Motorized Plat ......... Platoon Prcht ........ Parachute Pz. .......... Panzer Pz. Grerz ...... Panzer Grenadier R ........... Rifle Rcn ......... Reconnaissance Regt ......... Regiment Rkt .......... Rocket Set .......... Section Sp ............ Self -propelled Sq ........... Squad Sub-MG ..... Sub-Machine Gun sup ......... Supply Tn .......... Train [This message has been edited by Drake666 (edited 06-26-2000).]

Post #: 4
- 6/26/2000 7:30:00 PM   
Deutscher Aufklarung

Thanks fellas...I appreciate your help. I better go now, I have to DD back to my LP/OP ASAP before the AAR briefing or I'm going to be a KIA, MIA, or an EPW (for the other side that is). Hoooaaah...scouts out! ------------------ "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Post #: 5
- 6/26/2000 7:35:00 PM   
Wild Bill

And you ought to do that pdq WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 6
- 6/26/2000 7:59:00 PM   
Spunkgibbon

LOL

------------------------- "There is nothing more exhilarating than being shot at without result" - Winston Churchill

Post #: 7
- 6/26/2000 10:23:00 PM   
Von Rom

ditto ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

Post #: 8
- 6/27/2000 2:09:00 AM   
crazyivan

quote:

Originally posted by Von Rom: ditto
you say a king tiger can give you a deffinte edge well my JSIII will send it running to the nearest hedge with its singed tail between its legs.......LONG LIVE MOTHER RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The best form of defence,is attack"

Post #: 9
- 6/27/2000 3:21:00 AM   
victorhauser

Speaking of the IS-3... Does anybody have some definitive armor data for it? Sources? References? Anything? A friend of mine is convinced (and I suspect) that the front hull and front turret armor ratings in SPWAW for the IS-3 are too low.

VAH

Post #: 10
- 6/27/2000 3:39:00 AM   
ASDN

About IS-3 ... and other Soviet tanks. Check this page Russian Military Zone (English) 8)

Post #: 11
- 6/27/2000 7:09:00 AM   
crazyivan

quote:

Originally posted by victorhauser: Speaking of the IS-3... Does anybody have some definitive armor data for it? Sources? References? Anything? A friend of mine is convinced (and I suspect) that the front hull and front turret armor ratings in SPWAW for the IS-3 are too low.
i have the USSR handbook to the royal armoured corps tank musem and they list with many of my other tank books that the Is-3 is in fact the JS-3 joseph stalin. it has 122/28 main gun and 1x12.7,1x7.62.it weighted 45.8 ton and could go 25mph its thickest armour was at least 200-250mm.it only had 4 crew

"The best form of defence,is attack"

Post #: 12
- 6/27/2000 7:14:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Deutscher Aufklarung:
What is "Deutscher Aufklarung" supposed to mean ? ..just curious, Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tech knowledge...HELP!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI