Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OOB Customization

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> OOB Customization Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OOB Customization - 4/14/2005 2:49:12 AM   
KG Erwin

With the modswapper program, one can pick & choose from the various customized OOBs/pics/icons that have been offered. This is, IMHO, the best single feature that Matrix offered to us as a legacy. The game is open-ended in many ways, so one can tweak it to fit your personal preferences.

The newbies may be overwhelmed by all of this, but here at Matrix, and also at http://www.spwaw.com/, you have veteran gamers to help guide you through all aspects of OOB customization and gameplay. All you gotta do is register, and keep in mind that no question is considered silly or trivial. We're here to help you.

Post #: 1
RE: OOB Customization - 6/24/2005 2:43:18 AM   
Coach Zed

I see the following units in the weapons encyclopedia but cannot find them in the OOB? can you help? Maus, 10TP and I am sure there are others. I need insight
Also do you know why some units cannot be purchased (in red) I understand the out of date ones but sometimes this happens with current units. I just started playing SPWAW but I played Steel I, II and III religiously till my computer got to fast for them

Thanks

Zed

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: OOB Customization - 6/24/2005 7:09:04 PM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coach Zed

I see the following units in the weapons encyclopedia but cannot find them in the OOB? can you help? Maus, 10TP and I am sure there are others. I need insight
Also do you know why some units cannot be purchased (in red) I understand the out of date ones but sometimes this happens with current units. I just started playing SPWAW but I played Steel I, II and III religiously till my computer got to fast for them

Thanks

Zed

Zed, if you play with rarity turned ON, then yes, units with a higher rarity code will sometimes be redded out. Many players prefer to set their play preferences to True Troop ON, Rarity OFF.

As for the Maus (German unit 38) , it isn't available till April or May 45--it's there for post-war "what-if" scenarios. I'm not sure about the 10TP. Who does that belong to? Which OOB set are you using?

(in reply to Coach Zed)
Post #: 3
RE: OOB Customization - 6/24/2005 8:48:15 PM   
Alby

The 12t db10tp is in the chechoslavakia oob
if thats the unit you are refering to.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
RE: OOB Customization - 6/25/2005 12:33:25 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

The 12t db10tp is in the chechoslavakia oob
if thats the unit you are refering to.

Thanks, Alby. Yeah, Zed, you have to hit the "nation" button in the purchase screen to access the complete database. You could create a true muti-national coalition force in this fashion. Never tried it, myself, because it could create some problems when upgrading in a long campaign.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
RE: OOB Customization - 6/25/2005 12:35:49 AM   
KG Erwin

Zed, I gotta ask you this--is this a real nickname? You surely didn't name yourself after that character in "Pulp Fiction", did you?

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> OOB Customization Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI