Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vanishing Victory Hexes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Vanishing Victory Hexes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vanishing Victory Hexes - 5/10/2001 7:56:00 PM   
GrinningDwarf

In the last couple of days, victory hexes started disappearing! :eek: The map displays for every scenario, but I can't see victory hexes! If I move the cursor around the little ID flag tells me when the cursor is over a victory hex, but the icon is gone. This has happened in every game I've opened. Any ideas what happened? I'm using v.4.5. (One more night of downloading 5.0 should do it! Thank heavens for Go!Zilla!)

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.
Post #: 1
- 5/11/2001 1:15:00 AM   
Charles2222

Someone else had this problem with V5.01 in the SPWAW forum, and I will suggest to you what I did to him, and that is to delete the steel.prf file from the 'save' directory and then reinstall whatever version you're using. You always have to do that with new installs of this game.

(in reply to GrinningDwarf)
Post #: 2
- 5/11/2001 1:18:00 AM   
Cirrus

Actually you do not need to reinstall. Game rebuilds a new one after you delete old one. Reason you need to delete is that for example your Victory frontage setting in preferences may seem to be on altough it in reality is off. Deleting and rebuilding it corrects such thing

Cirrus
"You can cheat all people for some time and some people for all time, but not all people for all time.....and never your mom"

Post #: 3
- 5/11/2001 1:59:00 AM   
skukko

got it working? but its most likely Victory frontage On/Off button in preferences... Hi Charles22, we did see again :D mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 4
- 5/11/2001 2:07:00 AM   
Charles2222

skukko: Yeah, I thought I'd drop by here and offer your advise as well, just in case I was wrong and you were correct. I must say I've never tried 'just deleting' it, as I was thinking the file would have to be created by the download, and that if you just deleted it then the game would say "file missing" or some such, at some point. I suppose when entering 'preferences' it then 'creates' the file.

Post #: 5
- 5/11/2001 4:38:00 AM   
Cirrus

Just that it does Charles. Paul said it somewhere, but can't find it now.

Cirrus
"You can cheat all people for some time and some people for all time, but not all people for all time.....and never your mom"

Post #: 6
- 5/11/2001 5:59:00 AM   
GrinningDwarf

Deleteing the steel.prf file seems to have done it. Thanks, folks! (Boy! Was it tough to fight battles without knowing what yer objective was!)

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Vanishing Victory Hexes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI