Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game on?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> game on? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game on? - 6/24/2005 5:14:36 PM   
Yamato hugger

I was waiting patiently for v1.5 before I started an E mail game. Then I decided to wait for 1.6. Well 1.6 is out and the time has come.

I will play either side. You pick the scen and any house rules, and based on that I'll pick the side I want to play. Think thats fair. Or the other way around. Personally I prefer scen 16 to 15, but anything is fine. Also prefer start of war forces (I like to sink my own ships). I currently have stock 1.6 installed, but will consider alternate maps.

Michdsr@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
RE: game on? - 6/25/2005 11:27:43 PM   
Yamato hugger

Have 2 Jap games, thanks. Maybe start 1 allied also if someone is interested. Stock map only please (for simplicity).

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 2
RE: game on? - 6/26/2005 12:40:35 AM   
EUBanana

...how the hell do people find the time?

I have one game, thats way more than I need.

Post #: 3
RE: game on? - 6/26/2005 2:47:59 AM   
Yamato hugger

After the first turn, doesnt take that long -- 20-30 mins a turn.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 4
RE: game on? - 6/26/2005 4:24:43 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

After the first turn, doesnt take that long -- 20-30 mins a turn.

I find 30-60 mins for a typical Japanese turn ... but about once a week ( in game terms ) I like to "groom the map" .. and check lots of details I don't check every turn ... like production and resources ... also I like to do some "planning" every now and then .. like when am I going to invade Java, with what ... where are they now ... how will I stage them ... to make sure everything is ready at the right time ... also later like ... were are all my fleet HQs and where do I want them from a strategic perspective ... same with air divisions, armies and fleets ... so these considerations extend about 1 turn out of 10 or so up to about 2 hours.

I have been playing 5 PBEM ... 3 stock, 2 CHS ... 4 Japanese, 1 Allied ... but now 2 games are "inactive" ... so am "resting !" with only 3 ...

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

Post #: 5
RE: game on? - 6/26/2005 1:47:15 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
I find 30-60 mins for a typical Japanese turn ... but about once a week ( in game terms ) I like to "groom the map" .. and check lots of details I don't check every turn ... like production and resources ... also I like to do some "planning" every now and then .. like when am I going to invade Java, with what ... where are they now ... how will I stage them ... to make sure everything is ready at the right time ... also later like ... were are all my fleet HQs and where do I want them from a strategic perspective ... same with air divisions, armies and fleets ... so these considerations extend about 1 turn out of 10 or so up to about 2 hours.

You can save the game, then click "end turn" and save the game again (different slot) and send that save this way you have your latest move that you can sit and ponder, write down your next move, ect. while waiting for the other guy to do his turn.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 6
RE: game on? - 6/26/2005 10:34:35 PM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

...how the hell do people find the time?

I have one game, thats way more than I need.

I have found 3 games the perfect number. naturally Im in 4. :P.

Three of them are me as the Japanese...and that's hella work. My next game I will be allied...oh yes.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 7
RE: game on? - 6/26/2005 10:46:12 PM   
Nomad

Not until we finish a game Rob. Then you can be the Allies.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> game on? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI