Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Internet Connection Lost

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Internet Connection Lost Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Internet Connection Lost - 5/15/2001 8:26:00 PM   
Charles2222

Yeah, it's true, I've lost it at home, with @Home cable modem. I'll try to give as brief a description I can of what happened. It seems I was playing SPWAW 5.01 and had too many windows up in addition, though since I tried loading the IE 5.5 upgrade and it never updating to completion, the system has been a little unusual. When I had the too many windows up problem, it told me I had to reinstall Windows, and it shut down, I believe. Anyway after either after I brought the system back up, or later, when I reinstalled Windows 98SE the internet connection was lost (I did reinstall WIndows about a month ago and it didn't knock out my internet connection - also, I'm not "uninstalling" when I'm doing this, but I am starting to think about that, but if IE v5.5 incomplete update is what is at the bottom of all of this I doubt an uninstall/reinstall of Windows would cure that). I also reinstalled @Home browser to try to fix the problem. When trying IE V.5, or MSN Explorer, or the @Home browsers I get the same message. It refers me to an @Home directory to which it points to a SwUpdate.log file. Adobe tried to read it and could not, so I tried a bunch of things already described including a diskscan and defrag. My original system message tells me that a network related problem was encountered while updating or checking my @Home browser. The update file, after I tried all manner of things, I found I could open, afterall, as I came up with an idea. This is basically what that file said: "Error software update is not ready for this information. Autoupdate file not found (11001). What I'm thinking now, is that perhaps one of my reinstalls changed the server address for my ISP, but for the life of me I cannot find where this is changed. Anyone know? I'll desperately try AT&T customer service on wednesday if noone has any ideas.

Post #: 1
- 5/16/2001 6:11:00 AM   
Charles2222

Nevermind. I had a bout with allergy today and went home early, and AT&T fixed me up real good over the phone.

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Internet Connection Lost Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI