Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Grief with Mega Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Grief with Mega Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Grief with Mega Campaign - 8/11/2001 9:49:00 PM   
thekossack

Just received my copy of the much vaunted and much anticipated MC and, well, am not a thouroughly satisfied customer. Its about some basic issues; 1. The game doesnt work...I get numerous locks, crashes, and snaffoos, and even if I get thru the first mission, the "Yugo Bug" wrecks my campaign save. This is disappointing. 2. I was hoping for a product that would offer more scenario design features, at least more than the free SP WW2. In fact I got less than that title. No variable reinforcement entry (that really sucks), 60 turn limit, inferior random map generator, etc. The VP choices are the saving grace for the title, but why couldnt the features found in SP WW2 be implemented in this game? And these seem simple compared to what the rewriting of the combat engine. I dont get it. 3. Ditto on the deployment. I enjoy designing scenarios where PLAYERS decide when and where spec and glider/para troops are deployed. However, with this game, I cannot give the players this option for a scenario, only in battles, and battles cannot have delayed entry reinforcements. Again, this seems like basic stuff.

"Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self-interest."<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Post #: 1
- 8/11/2001 10:49:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

1) Have you checked some of the solutions posted in the threads here? Installed teh patches for 5.2 and 6.1 (you need to install then both), deleting the steel.prf file being a big one that solves crash problems fo rmost people. How much Ram and virtual Ram do you have? These crash problems have been solved for the vast majority of folks. The yugo save problem seems related to draw results, have you seen it when you got a victory or defeat? 2) Both design teams had their list of priorities and allocated programming time against it. We felt that the first priority in improving the game, was improving the fidelity of the combat model. SPWW2 v5 seems to finally have realized that and started to make changes to tank combat too. It will be interesting to see how they do. We have a feature in battles that allow you to call for reinforcements (up to 20% of the point value of your force) at any time and they do come in randomly (and sometimes not at all.) Now we working on a completely new game called Combat Leader that will take us comletely away form the limitation of the SP game engine. 3) Again, scenarios in our eyes are putting the player into a situation that he has to "work with the limits higher command puts on him" variable reinforcements would be nice (and will be in Combat Leader), but how many battalion commanders get to decide when paratroops would drop? BAttles do allow delayed entry reinforcements and you get to choose their makeup! (use F4) Bottom line is different groups have different priorities, SP:Camo even with their new changes does not seem to be straying very far from "original SP", we felt the game engine needed attention first and now are working on a whole new game to take tactical comabt far beyond either SP:ww2 or SP:WaW.

(in reply to thekossack)
Post #: 2
- 8/11/2001 11:26:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Also, these are problems not with the Mega-Campaing but with SP:WaW, the MC is not user configurable, so these are not gripes with the MC, but SP:WaW.

(in reply to thekossack)
Post #: 3
- 8/12/2001 12:41:00 AM   
Warhorse

Here, here!! That's the whole reason MC was able to be sold, it has special coding and enhancements not found in the STeel Panthers code, you CAN"T configure it!!! As for the yugo thing, never had that in the MC, but did run into it in another user designed scenario, after the first battle.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to thekossack)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Grief with Mega Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI