Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Win2k and SPWAW at only 60hz

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Win2k and SPWAW at only 60hz Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Win2k and SPWAW at only 60hz - 9/1/2001 9:26:00 PM   
dodger

I just installed W2K, and SPWAW is stuck at
60hz refresh rate, I can't get the darn thing to go up to even 70hz, which would ease the strain on the eyes considerably.. anyone know how to fix this?

ALL YOUR FLAGS ARE BELONG TO US!
Post #: 1
- 9/1/2001 10:21:00 PM   
Supervisor

SPWAW shouldn't adjust the refresh rate that I know of, it should only set color depth and screen size(only when SPWAW is running). Before your start SPWAW check your settings, right click on blank area desktop space (or you can do this by opening display properties within the control panel), select properties, select settings, select advanced and then select adapter. This is were you can adjust the refresh rate of your system. I've never heard of this problem before so I hope it works.

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 2
- 9/1/2001 10:28:00 PM   
dodger

Nope, I've tried setting the refresh rate on windows on 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions and 256/16bit/32bit colors. What's the resolution SPWAW is running at. If I knew the correct one, maybe I would be able to get it to work. Right now i'm kinda shooting in the dark.

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 3
- 9/1/2001 11:08:00 PM   
Mai Thai

To dodger: Hello to you,
afaik, SPWaW is set to 800X600 and 256 colors.
But to help you i need more info about your system: does your monitor support a refresh rate higher than 60hz at 800X600X256 colors?
does your video card support a refresh rate higher than 60hz at 800X600X256 colors?
did you install the proper video drivers under win2k for your video card and monitor? (monitors drivers must be installed to have higher refresh rates under win2k, otherwise it will use conservative and very low ones)
if you have an AGP card and non intel chipset, did you install the proper drivers for this one?
Bye

-- occupy it, administer it, exploit it

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 4
- 9/1/2001 11:32:00 PM   
dodger

I tried setting windows desktop res down to 800x600/256 with 70hz. It didn't work. SPWAW still starts at hefty 60hz. I'm running Prophet MX, so max refresh rates run in 100hz+. I got the latest drivers from Hercules and DirectX8a.

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 5
- 9/1/2001 11:39:00 PM   
Supervisor

Dodger: To add to Mai Thai comments make sure that your system has the proper monitor identified using the same procedures, Windows won't allow you to adjust refresh settings if it has identified a plain jane plug and play monitor(to prevent it from possible damage). This happens alot when upgrading Windows OS's you have to install the monitor manually. Good luck

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Win2k and SPWAW at only 60hz Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI