Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Strike Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Air Strike Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Strike Crash - 12/3/2001 3:15:00 AM   
James P

Been playing a guy PBEM for 10 turns into our current game. I played out my move with no problems, then hit end turn. One of his Typhoons came screaming in and took out a Panther with a rocket, then another appeared and stopped a hex in front of it's target. While the Typhoon was sitting there on the map, all the little red dots in the centre of the units displayed on screen started to flash, and in the unit info bar the stats of one of my snipers was being flashed on and off (it wasn't even the unit being targeted by the Typhoon) The game seemingly was still working, as a near by SPAA gun fired off all it's OP shots. Once it was out of shots, the game was locked and I had to break out to windows and end the spwaw task. Very odd - I've been error free for about 6 months on version 6.1, so just reporting this out of interest.....

Cheers, JP
Post #: 1
- 12/4/2001 10:46:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Anybody else see this??? Seems to be one of thsoe isolated cases of likely cuased by some obscure combination of Windows calls aligning wrong...

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 2
- 12/21/2001 5:27:00 AM   
Svennemir

I also had a problem with airstrikes, but not exactly the same... I'm pretty sure it was in 6.1, and it goes like this: AI ending turn.
My planes diving to attack.
1st plane attacks and works correctly.
2nd plane attacks, fires correctly, and is then about to climb. But then the plane stops moving. It simply stays in the same hex while I watch the shadow "move" farther and farther away (meaning the aircraft climbs). But the plane stays en the hex for infinity, even though the shadow "exits" the screen. I had to close the game from windows. I tried loading the last savegame, but the plane was still bugged. I haven't experienced that at any other time, though.

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Air Strike Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI