Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

thinking about buying - a few questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> thinking about buying - a few questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
thinking about buying - a few questions - 10/7/2005 9:36:06 PM   
Wolfi-S

I have been crazy about this game for a long time and am finally about to buy it (so many great games, so little money) - but I still have two little questions to make avoid disappointment:

system specs: yes I know it says 600 mhz, but I have so many games that say "600 mhz" which run awfully slow on my computer.
I have a Athlon 900 with 384 mb ram - can I expect to run this game without any hassles?

In the chat log I read something, that the planned release (at time of the chat) of 2.0 was late 2005 - I just want to make sure, that I don't buy the regular version when some bundle (game + mission disk, etc) is just around the corner - I have had this multiple time with the Talonsoft games and it really bothered the hell out of me.

Thanks again for all the great games you did over the years and kept computer wargaming alive - I hope you will continue that way.

Greetings
Wolfi-S
Post #: 1
RE: thinking about buying - a few questions - 10/7/2005 9:46:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolfi-S
system specs: yes I know it says 600 mhz, but I have so many games that say "600 mhz" which run awfully slow on my computer.
I have a Athlon 900 with 384 mb ram - can I expect to run this game without any hassles?

Yes, it should run great on that system. The biggest performance difference within the low spec range is the Win98 vs. WinXP OS types. FPG runs on Win98/ME but prefers Win2k/XP in terms of turning on all visual options.

quote:

In the chat log I read something, that the planned release (at time of the chat) of 2.0 was late 2005 - I just want to make sure, that I don't buy the regular version when some bundle (game + mission disk, etc) is just around the corner - I have had this multiple time with the Talonsoft games and it really bothered the hell out of me.

It's not right around the corner, though progress is continuing. More improvements should be coming for FPG and one of the products in the works should tie in nicely for existing owners as well.

Thanks for your interest Wolfi, I hope you enjoy the game.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Wolfi-S)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> thinking about buying - a few questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI