Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/22/2005 12:12:41 AM   
puresimmer

OK, release candidate 1 (RC1) is now available. Please DO NOT download this unleass you don't mind testing a pre-release product.

Note: This version will only work if you have previously purchased PureSim 2005. Please do not download this if you haven't, it won't run.

This release has some pretty significant enhancements to sandbox mode, so if anyone is interested in that mode I'd love to get some comments.

I would characterize it as release quality for sure as there are no known reproducible crash bugs. I also added all the Matrix branding, which looks nice :)

Here is the list of the latest fixes and tweaks

Here is the download

(Thanks to DNelms for providing the free FTP space!, puresim.com is just not performing well on downloads lately)

< Message edited by puresimmer -- 8/22/2005 1:29:56 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/22/2005 12:20:46 AM   
DandricSturm

I'm assuming that for the Multiplayer test league we install this now? Also, I have plenty of FTP space too if you need it.

< Message edited by DandricSturm -- 8/22/2005 12:22:58 AM >

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/22/2005 12:41:56 AM   
DandricSturm

Downloading the league file seems a bit faster.

(in reply to DandricSturm)
Post #: 3
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/22/2005 3:32:35 AM   
Paul Vebber

quote:

(Thanks to DNelms for providing the free FTP space!, puresim.com is just not performing well on downloads lately)

That is very nice of him! IF you need more, let me know - When the "boys" get back from Gen Con we can set up ftp space for you!.

Post #: 4
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/22/2005 5:12:45 PM   
songsdream

I get this error when trying to auto-gen my rotation, or when I try to put in a pitcher who isn't in:

"Error loading expansion pack. Error code: Automation error The callee (server [not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed."

I'll try to dl this latest version and see if that helps. I have been using 6.

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 5
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/22/2005 5:26:36 PM   
songsdream

um actually that doesn't work. What happened to the free trial?

(in reply to songsdream)
Post #: 6
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/22/2005 5:32:21 PM   
DandricSturm

Note line 2 in Shaun's post above.

(in reply to songsdream)
Post #: 7
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/22/2005 6:35:39 PM   
motnahp

I've already purchased PS 2005 and have been using 8.1a for awhile. I have been doing a lot of simming and not much reading lately. My assn is nearing the end of year 25 and I am reluctant to upgrade unless I know the assn will be compatible.

My assn is set up with 12 teams, multiplayer, with all teams human-controlled. I do not actually USE the multiplayer feature for anything other than maintaining control over all teams' salaries and rosters through my own random drafts with imported real players.

I see where the multiplayer feature has been totally re-vamped. Will this upgrade prevent me from setting up my assn as I currently have it? Also, is the 1-5 player rating optional, i.e. can it be maintained at 1-100?

Shaun, congrats on the new deal and for all the improvements to the product. I'm just having too much fun with my current assn set-up to just dive into the Gold without a little reassurance.

Phantom

Post #: 8
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/22/2005 11:51:16 PM   
songsdream

Ah yes I see it now.

Post #: 9
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 12:58:58 AM   
SpharV2

All old associations are compatable unless Shaun says otherwise. That has happened a grand total of one time since he released the game a few years ago, and he even asked us if we wanted him to do it then.

You should have no problems with the MP aspect. Make sure your association is backed up, but that's standard precaution for any new release.

Ratings scales are completely optional. I believe there are 4 or so different ones, so you can use whichever fits you best.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 10
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 2:37:03 AM   
BryanK

I'm getting a crash when I try to view a player card from the graphical roster view. I've been able to replicate with an old association and one created new with RC1. The crash occurs when going to graphical roster view from the front office page or through the trade menu.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 11
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 7:03:31 AM   
galaril

two things for RC1 Shaun:
When you go to sandbox and import real teams to make aMLB replay say 2004 and then you choose to fill rosters with a draft of fictional players by young players targeted at the minors. Players it seems especially rookie pitchers are coming in still to strong. For example, the Boston Red Sox 2004 REAL TEAMS had a very good starting pitching rotation but the AI sent down 4 of the 5 starters including Wakefield, Lowe and Pedro for rookies. I think the young players targeted at the minors should come in not so strong. If you choose scrubs there aren't enough good players to move up to the majors down the road after the season. Is sandbox only mean tto be aone season replay?
My other suggestion is please , as I mentioned before, easier to set up a MLb league in relation to the team names and cities. I am a little tired of having to go in and type every city and team nickname every time I start aleague based on the MLB. I rememberthat the basketball sim Total Pro Basketball used a default setup of teams and cities that matched the NBA and they didn't have a NBA license. It would be greta to have adefault of real mlb teams and names when you select the MLB size league. Otherwise this build looks solid as far as solo play goes.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 12
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 8:37:22 AM   
DandricSturm

quote:

ORIGINAL: galaril

My other suggestion is please , as I mentioned before, easier to set up a MLb league in relation to the team names and cities. I am a little tired of having to go in and type every city and team nickname every time I start aleague based on the MLB. I rememberthat the basketball sim Total Pro Basketball used a default setup of teams and cities that matched the NBA and they didn't have a NBA license. It would be greta to have adefault of real mlb teams and names when you select the MLB size league. Otherwise this build looks solid as far as solo play goes.

I think Total Pro Football has a default list of the correct cites but not the team names. At least that would be a start.

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 13
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 3:31:06 PM   
CPTBrown

In the OOTP community, one of the players created a "MLB All-in-One Installer." I play fictional leagues, but the talk on the forums is that it is a real easy process that only requires the downloader to follow instructions. I think that third party (someone out there ALWAYS has the time!) is the best way around the MLB license.

CPT B
FLY ARMY!

Post #: 14
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 3:55:27 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: galaril

two things for RC1 Shaun:
When you go to sandbox and import real teams to make aMLB replay say 2004 and then you choose to fill rosters with a draft of fictional players by young players targeted at the minors. Players it seems especially rookie pitchers are coming in still to strong. For example, the Boston Red Sox 2004 REAL TEAMS had a very good starting pitching rotation but the AI sent down 4 of the 5 starters including Wakefield, Lowe and Pedro for rookies. I think the young players targeted at the minors should come in not so strong. If you choose scrubs there aren't enough good players to move up to the majors down the road after the season. Is sandbox only mean tto be aone season replay?

quote:

I'll look into that. Thanks.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 15
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 3:57:17 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: songsdream

I get this error when trying to auto-gen my rotation, or when I try to put in a pitcher who isn't in:

"Error loading expansion pack. Error code: Automation error The callee (server [not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed."

I'll try to dl this latest version and see if that helps. I have been using 6.

Would you mind sending me a copy of the association so I could attempt to reproduce this?

Use www.sendthisfile.com its free. You can send it to shaun@puresim.com

(in reply to songsdream)
Post #: 16
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 4:05:20 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BryanK

I'm getting a crash when I try to view a player card from the graphical roster view. I've been able to replicate with an old association and one created new with RC1. The crash occurs when going to graphical roster view from the front office page or through the trade menu.

I can't seem to duplicate this. Can you provide any additional info like what assn configuration you are using, real players or fictional etc...

Thanks!

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 17
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 4:27:02 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Hello, Shaun!

You know, I remember getting that same error some time back. I haven't seen it again since RC1, fortunately, but when it happened back then, I made a post in our old forums. It took me a little while to find it but here's the link:

Error

The only downside, and it's a big downside, was that I couldn't manage to reproduce the error. In fact, I think the clicking part that initiated the whole thing (which is mentioned in the post) was just a coincedence; I must have clicked right when the error came up so it looked like that's what triggered it.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 18
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/23/2005 5:08:12 PM   
galaril

Shaun,
thanks. You are awesome as usual.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 19
RE: pitchers starting off too good - 8/23/2005 5:34:11 PM   
songsdream

Yeah I'd agree. You can tell when it costs 10mil+ to sign guys you're drafting. It's mainly pitchers who start off too good but also probably hitters too.

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 20
RE: sending my problem PSA - 8/23/2005 6:47:29 PM   
songsdream

Okay I sent it. I hope it works! I mean... I hope it doesn't work!

I have made it work by just simming a few games then auto-sorting and it works. I'm sending you the file from when it had a problem, before I kind of fixed it.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 21
RE: PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released - 8/24/2005 4:45:51 AM   
BryanK

Sorry about that Shaun... I couldn't replicate the crash today either.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> PureSim 2005 Gold Edition RC1 Released Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI