Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Many errors in sandbox mode

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Many errors in sandbox mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Many errors in sandbox mode - 9/2/2005 1:21:15 AM   
ChiefT

Win XP Home. Sandbox mode, 2 leagues 18 teams, 10/8 divisions. I imported about 30 teams from the past into the league in beginning and have expanded once, on 5th season and had 5 drafts. Game won't sim after 130th game. Have to sim one day at a time and cntrl/alt/delete to shutdown Puresim after each day. When I load the schedule page, game wil continue to show stats on the left, crawl on the bottom and lockup. During the free agent drafts, I get many error 91's and one error mesage with long explanation I don't even understand so I won't try. This edition is the buggiest one I've downloaded. Maybe it's my machine, but I have no issues with other memory intense programs.

Is it beause some teams have same player only different year? IE: Denny McLain68', Denny McLain72', Bob Gibson65, Bob Gibson68. These should all be diffferent players because they have different names, corect?

Lots of issues here. Game is annoying after 130 games during season sim mode. Any fixes you know of or have suggestions, I'd be glad to try.
Post #: 1
RE: Many errors in sandbox mode - 9/2/2005 1:54:36 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

It may not be of much use, but I can assure you that "repeated" players is not the problem. I'm running my own Sandbox mode game where I have duplicate players from different years. I haven't received any errors that I recall.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to ChiefT)
Post #: 2
RE: Many errors in sandbox mode - 9/2/2005 2:01:58 AM   
puresimmer

Chief,

Any chance you can send me your assn? Use www.sendthisfile.com and send to shaun@puresim.com

Just to be clear you are playing with a beta version.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 3
RE: Many errors in sandbox mode - 9/2/2005 2:41:40 AM   
ChiefT

I'm using RC1. I had Beta 6 and downloaded and installed RC1 on top.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Many errors in sandbox mode - 9/2/2005 2:54:48 AM   
ChiefT

PSA coming to a server near you........(it's on it's way bro.)

(in reply to ChiefT)
Post #: 5
RE: Many errors in sandbox mode - 9/2/2005 4:27:42 PM   
puresimmer

Chief,

First thank you so much for taking the time to send me that huge association file!

Since sandbox mode has so many options I have a few questions:

1) When prompted, did you do an intial draft or put all the players on teams yourself?

2) During the off season when prompted to optionally generate fictional players what do you typically do?

3) In the off season when prompted if you want to run the ammy draft do you run it or skip it?

4) In the off season when prompted if you want to run the free agent period do you run it or skip it?

And to clarify my "beta" comment. The game is not officially released yet so while the build is called a "Released Candidate" it is still technically a beta and is still in testing. Semantics I know, but I worry about new people seeing your comments and thinking that the version of the game you are testing is on sale.

Note: As I mentioned on the old boards, the Sandbox mode is a pretty massive new feature, and I will remove it if folks have any issues with it that concern stability. So any help you can give me with these. I am perfectly ok with waiting until next year on this feature if I am not 100% comfortable with it.

I am hoping that your comments about this version being buggy center around an association using sandbox mode correct?

Thanks again for the help.

(in reply to ChiefT)
Post #: 6
RE: Many errors in sandbox mode - 9/2/2005 4:56:24 PM   
ChiefT

Shaun, thanks for the reply.

I run all drafts both amature and free agent in the post seasons. I don't skip them. I drafted my initial teams and did not import directly to teams. I also have edited ratings maybe that makes a difference, I don't know. I'v done that on about 5 players, just to see where they wind up in the rankings at season's end.

I realize it's a beta. But, I did pay to register and wanted to let folks know that it has issues, especially in the sandbox mode. I have also encountered a couple (error 91) in the regular sim mode with my other assosiation. . Maybe other guys are or are not not having the same problems. My comments were not intended to slam, but to inform. I still enjoy playing, and I'll work with my other association probably tonight sometime.

Thanks again, and good luck. You're the man!!!
Chief

< Message edited by ChiefT -- 9/2/2005 5:01:49 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 7
RE: Many errors in sandbox mode - 9/2/2005 5:07:21 PM   
puresimmer

Chief, now that I have your association loaded up, can you give me any specific examples of how I might be able to coax an error 91? Any specific steps that I can go through (even if I have to keep repeating them a bunch of times!)

(in reply to ChiefT)
Post #: 8
RE: Many errors in sandbox mode - 9/3/2005 4:31:39 AM   
ChiefT

Shaun,
Choose Chicago as a Human owner. Set your lineups and sim a season from the a menu. Stop sim at about 30 games, make adjustments to your staff, bring up minors, trades etc... and start again. Sim the season again. See how long it goes before it stops on it's own. I usually get about 130 games. After that, it will lock up continually. Do a draft and start the seasons again. Don't get too hooked!!!

The game is addictive.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Many errors in sandbox mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI