Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Everybody take a deep breath. BTW: Any links? Screen Shots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Everybody take a deep breath. BTW: Any links? Screen Shots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Everybody take a deep breath. BTW: Any links? Screen S... - 9/23/2005 4:29:30 PM   
abulbulian

I've been excited about the prospect of a decent computer WWWI strategy game for years now and have felt the pain with others on the long wait. But as a software engineer myself I never expect many of the 'game' products to release on time and those that do usually have many versions of patches to fix bugs that should never have reached the end-user. A good example of a release disaster was the original HOI, as I'm sure many of you went through that nightmare.

I'm willing to wait for a release of a decent product that has been through several iterations of alpha/beta testing. Unfortunately, it comes down to supply and demand. The demand for these types of strategy games does not have the same consumer level as something like the 1st person shooter games or even an Age Of Empires III. Thus, the supply of developers that can be leverage on the application suffers. I'm sure most of these guys helping with the development of this game are working hard for little return as of yet. While the Age of Empires development team has tons of resources and will always be able to hit their release dates barring some disaster.

All I would like to see for my satisfaction is more communication between the Guns of August crew and these forum rats(hehe) about how things are going. I couldn't even find any links in this forum; my search was only recent posts, for some screens shots or developers journals? Does any of this exist? Are we still looking at some sort of release before the end of the year?

- my 2 cents
Post #: 1
RE: Everybody take a deep breath. BTW: Any links? Scre... - 9/23/2005 7:52:21 PM   
mbatch729

quote:

ORIGINAL: abulbulian

I couldn't even find any links in this forum; my search was only recent posts, for some screens shots or developers journals? Does any of this exist? Are we still looking at some sort of release before the end of the year?
- my 2 cents

Yes, it will be released before the end of the year...but which year? Sorry, gallows humor, I'm a developer too.

P.S. I'm not associated w/Matrix or a Beta tester.

< Message edited by mbatch729 -- 9/23/2005 7:53:42 PM >

Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 2
RE: Everybody take a deep breath. BTW: Any links? Scre... - 9/24/2005 11:57:03 AM   
abulbulian

Although the HOI people put together a very slick GUI in HOI2, it still doesn't have the right feel to play a game like that as a RTS game. If only if they could morph a version into a turned based game. From a marketing point why not make a 'HOI3' as a tuned based version? If the Blizzard people could add a few units and GUI changes to Star Craft and millions would buy what was called 'Brood Wars' for 20-30 bucks, why couldn't HOI3 happen? I'm a genius, but tell me something I already don't know.

Turned based style strategy war games I guess is what I grew up on.

In the imortal board gaming words of one Martin Smith: "Tell me what your going to roll[with the dice] and I'll tell you what you best move would be."

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 3
RE: Everybody take a deep breath. BTW: Any links? Scre... - 9/24/2005 12:10:49 PM   
abulbulian

BTW, this brings up a burning question of mine to the captive audience I have. How many of you out there would be interested in a game I have in mind of developing called: "Bringing home your MaMa's Bacon"? It's a an RTS strategy type game with a surprising turned based feel about how your mom brings home more money than your dad and he despises her for it. No, it's not about how your mom has developed a fat pig-like ass...who said that? Anyways, I'll be taking pre-orders on that soon, but don't let that deter you from sending me some cash now to a PO Box I have in Canada.

It's never to late for a few beers and some cheap laughs or so at least I've been told!

< Message edited by abulbulian -- 9/25/2005 4:33:36 AM >

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 4
RE: Everybody take a deep breath. BTW: Any links? Scre... - 9/25/2005 1:56:06 AM   
sol_invictus

So what was that PO box number eh?

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Everybody take a deep breath. BTW: Any links? Screen Shots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI