Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Build 1.70 Status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Build 1.70 Status Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 1:54:50 PM   
Mike Wood

Hello...

Be advised. List of fixes, user requested changes for 1.70, so far:

BUGS FIXED:

1) When air group leaders were killed, ship, task force or land unit leaders sometimes died with them. This was the cause of a great many of the leader problems. Fixed.

2) One of the tests for long lance torpedo attacks was some times returning the wrong value, negating surprise. Fixed.

3) When Allied task force had no radar, Japanese were sometimes said to be spotted by radar, when they were really being visually spotted. Fixed.

4) Enemy units were showing up on bottom bar, when Japanese player selected unit at enemy base from list all units pop-out box. Fixed.

5) Game was running out of pilots. Fixed.

6) Rebuilt LCU was reverting to original device number despite being upgraded when split. Fixed.

7) Negative values were showing on Intel screen because of data overflow. Fixed.

8) Air groups which had been disbanded or withdrawn were returning with zero planes, even though planes were being taken from pool for the group. Fixed. Note that fix only applies to groups disbanded or withdrawn using version 1.603 or later.

9) A bug was causing ship captains to vanish. Fixed.

10) The 10” CD gun (device #516) was not being produced. Fixed.

11) Land units ordered to follow were not arriving in proper hex at proper time. Fixed.

12) Allied heavy bombers were using device #210, 2000 lb AP bombs, instead of device #205, 2000 lb GP bombs. Fixed.

USER REQUESTED CHANGES:

1) When an air group is divided, it may not reform unless all three sub-units are assigned to the same headquarters.

2) When an air group is divided into sub-units and each is reassigned to the same, new headquarters, say Central Pacific to South Pacific, when the sub-units reform, the parent group headquarters will change to that new headquarters.

3) When a land unit is divided, it may not reform unless all sub-units are assigned to the same headquarters.

4) When a land unit is divided into sub-units and each is reassigned to the same, new headquarters, say Central Pacific to South Pacific, when the sub-units reform, the parent group headquarters will change to that new headquarters.

5) Mine laying tenders (MLE) may now service ships of any nationality.

6) Destroyer tenders (AD) may now service ships of any nationality.

7) Submarine tenders (AS) may now ships of any nationality.

8) Repair ships (AR) may now help repair ships of any nationality.

9) Malaria zones have been slightly modified. Includes requested changes for CHS maps.

10) Anti-submarine attack routines have been rewritten. Now, seldom will more than 4 ASW vessels normally attack a submarine during a single phase. Number of attacking ships depends on task force type, ships types and lots of skill rolls. Instead of each ship making one or two attacks, they may now sometimes continue to attack until out of ASW ammunition. Number of attacks made depend on task force type, ships types and lots of skill rolls. Hits are now deadly much less often, usually doing a point or two of system damage and or occasionally a point or so of flood damage. I don't know if they are still around, but a while back there were some players screaming for this change. Just got to it. Long list of code requests.

Thanks for Your Patience...

Michael Wood
Post #: 1
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 2:07:00 PM   
tigercub

a good list thanks!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 2
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 2:07:20 PM   
Sardaukar

Great stuff !! Thank you !! Thank you !!

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 3
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 2:07:56 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

Hello...

BUGS FIXED:

1) When air group leaders were killed, ship, task force or land unit leaders sometimes died with them. This was the cause of a great many of the leader problems. Fixed.

2) One of the tests for long lance torpedo attacks was some times returning the wrong value, negating surprise. Fixed.

3) When Allied task force had no radar, Japanese were sometimes said to be spotted by radar, when they were really being visually spotted. Fixed.

4) Enemy units were showing up on bottom bar, when Japanese player selected unit at enemy base from list all units pop-out box. Fixed.

6) Rebuilt LCU was reverting to original device number despite being upgraded when split. Fixed.

7) Negative values were showing on Intel screen because of data overflow. Fixed.

8) Air groups which had been disbanded or withdrawn were returning with zero planes, even though planes were being taken from pool for the group. Fixed. Note that fix only applies to groups disbanded or withdrawn using version 1.603 or later.

11) Land units ordered to follow were not arriving in proper hex at proper time. Fixed.

12) Allied heavy bombers were using device #210, 2000 lb AP bombs, instead of device #205, 2000 lb GP bombs. Fixed.

USER REQUESTED CHANGES:

1) When an air group is divided, it may not reform unless all three sub-units are assigned to the same headquarters.

2) When an air group is divided into sub-units and each is reassigned to the same, new headquarters, say Central Pacific to South Pacific, when the sub-units reform, the parent group headquarters will change to that new headquarters.

3) When a land unit is divided, it may not reform unless all sub-units are assigned to the same headquarters.

4) When a land unit is divided into sub-units and each is reassigned to the same, new headquarters, say Central Pacific to South Pacific, when the sub-units reform, the parent group headquarters will change to that new headquarters.

9) Malaria zones have been slightly modified. Includes requested changes for CHS maps.

10) Anti-submarine attack routines have been rewritten. Now, seldom will more than 4 ASW vessels normally attack a submarine during a single phase. Number of attacking ships depends on task force type, ships types and lots of skill rolls. Instead of each ship making one or two attacks, they may now sometimes continue to attack until out of ASW ammunition. Number of attacks made depend on task force type, ships types and lots of skill rolls. Hits are now deadly much less often, usually doing a point or two of system damage and or occasionally a point or so of flood damage. I don't know if they are still around, but a while back there were some players screaming for this change. Just got to it. Long list of code requests.

Michael Wood

Thanks Mike - you are truly our WitP hero!!!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 4
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 2:10:17 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

I think I was the one of the more vocal member of that group... I think I started to lobby for this (4 ASW MAX and less damage) in UV days when WitP was still in it's infancy...

THANK YOU!!!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 5
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 2:18:20 PM   
Speedysteve

Excellent stuff. Especially the ASW tweak.

Steven

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 6
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 2:35:10 PM   
saj42

quote:

Hello...

BUGS FIXED:

Good news thankyou
I didn't realise there was a 1.603 patch - where do i get it?

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 7
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 2:43:03 PM   
patrickl

Thank you very much, Mike. The game is very good except some bugs and we just pray they can go away.

Banner designed by rogueusmc

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 8
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 2:43:07 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyho!

Good news thankyou
I didn't realise there was a 1.603 patch - where do i get it?

I don't think it's public beta.

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 9
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 3:08:14 PM   
JamesM

Mike,

Great service as always, thank you for your continuing development of WitP.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 10
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 3:10:46 PM   
Feinder

[* sub crews of nationalities cheering *]

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 11
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 3:25:28 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

Thankyou Mike. GREATLY appreciated.

Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 12
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 6:22:13 PM   
cyberwop36

Great Thanks!!

But please don't tell me I have to restart my game.

Which changes require restarting? How do I get 1.603?

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 13
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 6:46:42 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!

(in reply to cyberwop36)
Post #: 14
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 6:50:10 PM   
Bradley7735

quote:

ORIGINAL: cyberwop36

Great Thanks!!

But please don't tell me I have to restart my game.

Which changes require restarting? How do I get 1.603?

Bug fixes #10 and #12 look like the only two that might not change unless you restart. All the rest, including user changes look like they'll take effect once the patch is installed. Code changes do not require a restart. But, database changes do. I'm betting that all the fixes will work on games in progress.

Here's the million dollar question. What time frame are we looking at for 1.7 release?

Thanks all you Matrix and 2X3 guys for keeping up the good work. I'm especially happy about the ASW changes. I saw something in the WPO forum about that and knew you'd implement it in WITP.

bc

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to cyberwop36)
Post #: 15
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 6:55:31 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Bug fixes #10 and #12 look like the only two that might not change unless you restart. All the rest, including user changes look like they'll take effect once the patch is installed. Code changes do not require a restart. But, database changes do. I'm betting that all the fixes will work on games in progress.

Database changes apparently NO LONGER require a restart - they somehow figured a way around this. At least the #10 (and maybe #12) were fixed in 1.602 without restart. I had always kept an eye on the 10" gun, and after the last (beta) patch, sure enough it started showing up as being built. Haven't gotten to August, so not sure about #12...

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 16
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 6:58:44 PM   
PJJ

quote:

10) Anti-submarine attack routines have been rewritten.

Even this one is enough to make me happy! Excellent work!

"But here we are in a chamber pot, about to be ****ted upon."

-French General Auguste Ducrot before the Battle of Sedan, September 1870

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 17
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 7:03:35 PM   
ltfightr

Maybe now I can let my subs actually do something without automatically deciding they are lost.

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 18
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 7:49:20 PM   
Nikademus

Forgive me everyone for a moment of being petty but i cant resist......

"Told ya so"

(in reply to ltfightr)
Post #: 19
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 8:00:45 PM   
Speedysteve

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 20
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 8:06:09 PM   
Big B

Excellent!

When will 1.70 be available?....

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 21
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 8:08:27 PM   
Skyros

Thanks for the suppport Mike, some of us are patient!

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 22
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 9:52:21 PM   
Tankerace

Awsoem Mike! Way to show those naysayers!

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Skyros)
Post #: 23
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 10:06:12 PM   
steveh11Matrix

Y'know, just occasionally, I think the Universe isn't out to get me, personally, with extreme prejudice. Just occasionally, I start to think that there's some good out there.

Thank you of course, to Mike and the rest of the team (such as is left!). But mailnly, thanks to 2by3 and Matrix and Digital River: I've just last night installed WitP onto my new(er) machine, a process which went flawlessly - then I read doom and despondency here regarding any attention for the game - then I read this thread.

"Life is skittles, Life is beer" as Tom Lehrer sang. :D:D:D

Steve.

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 24
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 10:25:51 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

Stupid question - 1.70 will be available when... it will show up at Matrix download site :D

Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 25
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 10:58:19 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

Hello...

BUGS FIXED:

USER REQUESTED CHANGES:

Michael Wood

Mike thank you for all of your hard work! You guys never cease to amaze!!!

Just wondering....Is it possible to fix the "Get Pilot" button problem?

Has to do with the "Get Pilot" button...

What causes the problem:

"The only way a group can have more AC then pilots is if when group below max size in AC you draw AC and don't draw pilots." (Accept Replacements is OFF)

AND AT THE SAME TIME

Add some pilots by "Get pilot" a few pilots less than the planes... (which happens when you only want trained pilots)

when this happens airgroups will not fly...

here is the response I got from Mr. Frag. It doesnt sound good...

"I tried to get this fixed with CV aircraft in 1.6. Mike broke something with
turning off pilots as the code was designed originally to pull a pilot at
the time the mission goes should a plane not have one. Having it not able to
pull the pilot is causing a mission scrub condition. I am not sure if
anything can actually be done about this as it is working as designed. This
is one of those classic problems ... When you change a design after the
fact, it has unexpected consequences."

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 26
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 11:06:44 PM   
Knavey

Mike,

Any chance of a toggle for repairing ports and airfields?

I sent you a PM about this a while back.

Dave

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 27
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 11:07:44 PM   
witpqs

Thanks, Mike!

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 28
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 11:10:57 PM   
Feinder

Poor Mike.

And folks wonder why he doens't post very often...

===

Mike - "Just letting y'all know I fixed this."

"Thanks! What about this?!"
"And this?"
"And what about this?"
"When are we getting this?"
"Remember when we talked abou this?"

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Knavey)
Post #: 29
RE: Build 1.70 Status - 10/4/2005 11:21:50 PM   
Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monter_Trismegistos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

Stupid question - 1.70 will be available when... it will show up at Matrix download site :D

It never hurts to ask!

B

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Build 1.70 Status Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI