Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any Deal Killers?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Any Deal Killers? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any Deal Killers? - 12/2/2005 8:37:48 PM   
netjam99

I got this game just as it came out. Started a couple of sceneros then embarked upon a campaign. Got to about May of 1942 when I realized the Aircraft Replacement Bug had made all the time I had put into that struggle worthless. Laid the game aside and just now am thinking about crankiing up a Pac Campaign this weekend.

Have downloaded all the available patches and right now I'm excited about giving the game another shot. My question is are there any 'deal' killers awaiting me. I don't want to throw a bunch of hours of play away again just to find out some bug results in me having wasted a bunch of time.

Don't know about you guys but I remember only being able to cycle thru 3 or 4 days every session so this is a big investment in time.

Appreciate any advise.

S!

Post #: 1
RE: Any Deal Killers? - 12/2/2005 9:39:42 PM   
Feinder

Either get v1.602 (beta), or wait until the next official.

There is a bug, where you litterally run out of pilots (maybe this is what you're talking about). v1.602 was supposed to have fixed this. And if you're talking about a "long haul" game, you're very likely going to encounter this.

There are still occasional problems with units disappearing, either by air-tran, or simply having too many fragments (altho this has never happened to me, that I know of). If this is a "killer" for you, that would be important. However, I don't know that there -is- a permanent fix for this (yet).

Disliking mechanics is one thing. If think Allied 4e bombers are too powerful. Or think there shouldn't be coordination penalties, or whatever. But the mechanics "work as intended".

A bug that will obliterate you game... Running out of pilots is the only one that I can think of (and the disappearing LCUs would certainly qualifty is -extremely- frustrating).

Welcome back. Didn't we tell ya, you couldn't walk away...

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to netjam99)
Post #: 2
RE: Any Deal Killers? - 12/2/2005 11:41:01 PM   
netjam99

Feinder,

Hmmmm...just the kind of thing I was worried about. I do appreciate you warning me about it. I want to conduct a Grand Pacific Campaign...but don't want the results messed up by a bug. What you describe is indeed a deal killer to my way of thinking.

I am going to look into this 1.602 beta patch and see if it is the fix before launching the war.

S!

Netjam99

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Any Deal Killers? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI