Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why All the Supplies?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Why All the Supplies? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why All the Supplies? - 12/5/2005 7:21:12 PM   
NWT065

I'm sorry if this topic has come up before but why In CHS mod does Port Arthur Need over 20000 units of supply at the start of the game? I'm into turn three and the place is almost out. Since there are no units attached to the base why all the needed supplies?

Thanx
Post #: 1
RE: Why All the Supplies? - 12/5/2005 7:31:06 PM   
NWT065

Sorry I mean Port Alice (Vancouver Is)

(in reply to NWT065)
Post #: 2
RE: Why All the Supplies? - 12/5/2005 8:18:43 PM   
Bradley7735

Any port that is under the command of Canada or West Coast will have a minimum of 30k requirement. (plus any requirement for units there)

I believe that the port doesn't use that much supply. It's there so that supplies will move to ports so you can load without too much effort. Imagine trying to load 100 AK's in San Fracisco when you only have the CD unit there. The monthly requirement would only be 1,000 or so. You'd never load your AK's. It'd take 50 turns at least. With the 30k requirement, supplies will move from Eastern US base to ports.

It's code within the game. It'll be in any Stock game as well as CHS games.

bc

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to NWT065)
Post #: 3
RE: Why All the Supplies? - 12/5/2005 9:52:35 PM   
witpqs

Actually, Port Alice does burn up the supplies at a rapid clip. I've only got a small base force and a maritime search squadron there. Those and expanding the airfield (which is going in super slow motion) are the only visible uses of supply, but the minimum is shown as 30,000. I figured it was just a false floor, but as NWT065 states the place burns up the supplies.

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 4
RE: Why All the Supplies? - 12/5/2005 11:16:51 PM   
NWT065

Thanks for the response Bradley7735.
Yeah that makes sense for all the North America ports to be able to stockpile supplies. I was under the impression that Supplies Required was strictly dependant on units attached to the base. I am now on 13th of Dec turn and realize the actual supplies at the base haven't gone down that much. The more I get into this game, the more I realize how much I don't know

(in reply to NWT065)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Why All the Supplies? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI