Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VMF Squadrons Upgrade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> VMF Squadrons Upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VMF Squadrons Upgrade - 12/16/2005 3:12:39 PM   
Jean Bart

1942 VMF squadrons are equipped with F4F and reads to be upgraded in F6F….

Don’t they suppose to be directly upgraded with Corsairs ?

FYI, I am playing with PDU off and current date is November 1942….
Post #: 1
RE: VMF Squadrons Upgrade - 12/16/2005 3:19:36 PM   
Feinder

Should they upgrade to coursairs? Yes.

But what they probably did was just set them to the default upgrade for F4f, the F6f. For some squadrons, they did include in the upgrade path, the historical sequence (if it was known, and they had time). But for most squadrons, the upgrade path is determened by the aircraft "class", not the specific squadron or type.

Essentially, it was an over-sight. I think with PDUs tho, you can upgrade to Corsairs tho (I realize you're NOT playing with PDUs).

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Jean Bart)
Post #: 2
RE: VMF Squadrons Upgrade - 12/16/2005 3:39:45 PM   
Jean Bart

In fact I was believing (dreaming) that upgrade path for VMF squadrons would have been F4F->F6F->F4AU and then, when enough Corsairs in the pool, units will upgrade directly to it, not waiting for summer 43 to be equipped firstly with F6F….

Seems you ruined my day…

(in reply to Jean Bart)
Post #: 3
RE: VMF Squadrons Upgrade - 12/16/2005 4:05:21 PM   
RevRick

Somewhere deep within the recesses of my always overloaded and by age enfeebled brain, I seem to recall a thread in which this question was asked, and a reply from one of the 'authorities' indicated that the 'normal' upgrade for the F4F was the F6F, but for the USMC squadrons, through some mystery of internal game coding would upgrade to the F4U instead, just as the F4F on the CVEs would upgrade to the FM2 instead of the F6F. This is, of course, not authoritative, and I would hope one of the more knowledgeable people in the internal workings of the database would advise. I made it to August 43 once, and found that rather disturbing in another sense. The replenishment squadrons would eat up all available fighters and leave the fleet still flying the old Wildcats.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to Jean Bart)
Post #: 4
RE: VMF Squadrons Upgrade - 12/16/2005 4:29:29 PM   
Feinder

"Seems you ruined my day…"

I tend to have that effect sometimes.

Of course. I could be wrong. Just ask my wife...

:^)

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Jean Bart)
Post #: 5
RE: VMF Squadrons Upgrade - 12/16/2005 5:43:17 PM   
ckk

If you turn the upgrade toggle "on" for the VMF's they will upgrade to F4U's by the AI when there are sufficient Corsairs in the pool, Takes somtime but it was done by pry IIRC to prevent Allies sending VF's ashore upgrading them to Corsairs and then placing them back on the carrier sometimes way before the F6F's were available. If you upgrade yourself the only choice is F6F's which are only available later in 1943.

(in reply to Jean Bart)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> VMF Squadrons Upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI