Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BetaTest List is now Closed :(

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> BetaTest List is now Closed :( Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BetaTest List is now Closed :( - 12/21/2005 11:51:01 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets
Unless you are interesed in play testing? That should start in the first 3 months of 2006. Greyshaft has agreed to honcho it and we might as well start taking names of volunteers now.

Lets get all the names in one place. It would help me immeasurably if people can answer the following questions. Note that we will need people from all categories including those who have never played WiF before.

1. Have you played cardboard WiF sufficiently to play independantly? If not, I will look to team you up with an experienced player who will undertake to answer your rule based questions. YES/NO

2. If you answered YES to Q.1, are you willing and able to mentor someone who answered NO to Q1? YES/NO

3. Are you willing to be assigned one or more specific Test modules (eg Partisans, scrapping air units, Port Attacks etc) to test and undertake to test that module(s) for each software release? I will provide a written test plan which details those tests. Probably take about ten minutes for each Test module. Doesn't disqualify you if you're not in a position to do this. YES/NO

4. Are you, or have you ever been a Communist? No! Wait! Wrong question! Forget I asked that.

5. Preferred Name

6. Preferred email

If we wind up with (say) 150 names then we will divide people into manageable batches and bring on a fixed number at a time while we ramp up the test programme. If you don't make the first cut it is not necessarily a comment on your suitability as a Tester but rather a pragmatic decision about the optimum size of a Test Team. In that case then bide your time... there is always attrition among testers,

All respondees will need to comply with standard Matrix conditions regarding Beta Testers eg First Born Son signed over to Erik Rutins, your Soul assigned in perpetuity to David Heath etc etc

< Message edited by Greyshaft -- 12/28/2005 2:03:35 AM >

/Greyshaft
Post #: 1
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 12:52:43 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft

quote:

Unless you are interesed in play testing? That should start in the first 3 months of 2006. Greyshaft has agreed to honcho it and we might as well start taking names of volunteers now.

Lets get all the names in one place. It would help me immeasurably if people can answer the following questions. Note that we will need people from all categories including those who have never played WiF before.

1. Have you played cardboard WiF sufficiently to play independantly? If not, I will look to team you up with an experienced player who will undertake to answer your rule based questions. YES/NO

YES, completely independetely. I already 2 full 39-46 CWiF games with the old version. Playing the end of war was an experience.

quote:

2. If you answered YES to Q.1, are you willing and able to mentor someone who answered NO to Q1? YES/NO

Sure.

quote:

3. Are you willing to be assigned one or more specific Test modules (eg Partisans, scrapping air units, Port Attacks etc) to test and undertake to test that module(s) for each software release? I will provide a written test plan which details those tests. Probably take about ten minutes for each Test module. Doesn't disqualify you if you're not in a position to do this. YES/NO

Don't know. I used to rather play games, and see where it was not as in the rules, or see where it crashed, etc..
But I'm willing to test anyway you'll say it must be tested. I'm not a professional beta tester.

quote:

4. Are you, or have you ever been a Communist? No! Wait! Wrong question! Forget I asked that.

Is this still existing ???

quote:

5. Preferred Name

Patrice. My name.

quote:

6. Preferred email

froonp at wanadoo dot fr (edited)

quote:

If we wind up with (say) 150 names then we will divide people into manageable batches and bring on a fixed number at a time while we ramp up the test programme. If you don't make the first cut it is not necessarily a comment on your suitability as a Tester but rather a pragmatic decision about the optimum size of a Test Team. In that case then bide your time... there is always attrition among testers,

All respondees will need to comply with standard Matrix conditions regarding Beta Testers eg First Born Son signed over to Erik Rutins, your Soul assigned in perpetuity to David Heath etc etc

You talk about the NDA ? Send me one (although I signed one with Chris Marinacci a looooong time ago too).

Patrice

< Message edited by Froonp -- 12/21/2005 5:02:32 PM >

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 2
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 12:57:52 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

You talk about the NDA ? Send me one (although I signed one with Chris Marinacci a looooong time ago too).

Patrice

For the record, Matrix NDAs are done directly with Matrix. No-one else (including myself) has the authority to offer one. Testers will be contacted seperately regarding this...

D@mmit Patrice, you're even first to reply to THIS post. Don't you have a social life?

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 3
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 1:00:33 PM   
Froonp

Hey, I'm at work, and as a computer engineer I have computers all around, at work and at home.
Anyway there's not much work this week at the office , so there's plenty of time to read around.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 4
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 1:04:21 PM   
Dreadnought1979_slith

I wanna become a beta tester too !!

Q1) Yes i have!

Q2) No

Q3) NO

Q4) negativ Genosse Greyshaft

Q5) Dreadnought

Q6) AlexanderBlasche@freenet.de

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 5
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 1:08:43 PM   
pmarshall

I would be interested in beta testing

NO - played it a couple of times with a group

YES - I have no problem testing specific sections

NO - but a member of the Liberal Democrats in the U.K.

5. Preferred Name

Peter Marshall

6. Preferred email

peter@shdgfx.demon.co.uk

(in reply to Dreadnought1979_slith)
Post #: 6
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 1:35:55 PM   
ithaar

Hello,

I've been waiting for this event for decades !!! What a nice chistmas present THANKS !!!

1. YES

2. NO

3. YES

4. niet no ia lioubliou igrat' tovarich Stalin i CCCP

5. Ithaar

6. ithaar.thelet@wanadoo.fr

Nicolas / Ithaar

(in reply to pmarshall)
Post #: 7
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 1:55:00 PM   
terje439

quote:

You would think so after having played the game a few times, but not 100% on all rules, so NO

quote:

Skipping this one then

quote:

Sure, I am however not an experienced BETA-tester, just a dude with way to much time in front of the PC

quote:

quote:

5. Preferred Name

terje439

quote:

6. Preferred email

terje439@hotmail.com

quote:

All respondees will need to comply with standard Matrix conditions regarding Beta Testers eg First Born Son signed over to Erik Rutins,

If he does not mind waiting quite a few years, sure

quote:

your Soul assigned in perpetuity to David Heath etc etc

not sure if I have one, but ok...

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 8
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 1:55:40 PM   
JanSorensen

I will be happy to help beta test MWif.

Q1: Yes.
I have played ~40 full games of WiF starting with version 4 but I havent actively played WiF in more than 5 years. My primary experience is with version 5 though I also own and have played WIFFE. I am confident I can play it independently still though.

Q2: No
As I am not currently an active WiF player I have to decline mentoring someone else.

Q3: Yes
I quite enjoy digging deep into specific details and making sure they are working - compared to simply playing the game and noticing whatever I happen to notice.

Q5: Jan Sorensen
My actual name is Jan Sorensen in case that isnt clear :)

Q6: janbs@stofanet.dk

A bit about myself
I am 34 years of age, live in Denmark, and work as a math teacher. I have a masters in statistics and a bs in cs. I have been involved in Gary Griegsby's: World at War as a beta tester of a TCP feature, later as Test Manager and lately even been allowed to fix a number of bugs in actual code when the real programmer was busy with other projects. I am also involved as an alpha tester in another yet unannounced Matrix game. As such I have signed several NDAs with MatrixGames and dont mind signing another.

< Message edited by JanSorensen -- 12/21/2005 2:28:22 PM >

(in reply to ithaar)
Post #: 9
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 2:03:00 PM   
wfzimmerman

quote:

quote:

NO. But I am an experienced software tester.

YES

NO

5. Preferred Name

Fred Zimmerman

6. Preferred email

wfz@wfzimmerman.com

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 10
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 2:49:39 PM   
Frederyck

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Does it count if I supported Beria?

5) Carl-Niclas Odenbring

6) carl-niclas@telia.com

(in reply to wfzimmerman)
Post #: 11
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 4:09:36 PM   
Mziln

1. YES and CWiF

2. YES

3. NO

4. NO (except in the game)

5. Mziln

6. jgnelso3@swbell.net

< Message edited by Mziln -- 12/21/2005 4:10:01 PM >

(in reply to Frederyck)
Post #: 12
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 4:47:59 PM   
buckyzoom

1. Yes, I'm a reasonably competant WIF player.

2. Only if you're desperate for mentors.

3. Yes.

4. Does playing the USSR count?

5. Barry

6. buckyzoom at gmail dot com

< Message edited by buckyzoom -- 12/21/2005 4:48:06 PM >

(in reply to pmarshall)
Post #: 13
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 4:53:43 PM   
kptom

NO-but have been interested in learning

YES

Worse, I was a Republican for a while

5. Preferred Name

Tom

6. Preferred email

tom AT coburndesign DOT com

(in reply to buckyzoom)
Post #: 14
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 5:06:41 PM   
WiFDaniel

Name: Daniel
French. Experienced player.

1. Have you played cardboard WiF sufficiently to play independantly?

=> YES

2. If you answered YES to Q.1, are you willing and able to mentor someone who answered NO to Q1?

=> YES
Have done so recently on a (French) wargame forum.

3. Are you willing to be assigned one or more specific Test modules (eg Partisans, scrapping air units, Port Attacks etc) to test and undertake to test that module(s) for each software release? I will provide a written test plan which details those tests. Probably take about ten minutes for each Test module.

=> YES

5. Preferred Name

Daniel

6. Preferred email

daniel_au_japon [at] hotmail.com

Cheers,

Daniel

< Message edited by WiFDaniel -- 12/21/2005 5:07:39 PM >

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 15
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 5:07:05 PM   
stretch

1. Played through a few complete table top games and some hours on the old CWiF. but no, I would not consider myself a rules expert. I need to reference the rules a lot on the less routine stuff.

2. not applicable given #1

3. Yes, I like the scientific process.

4. Stretch

5. mr.stretch@mchsi.com

(in reply to buckyzoom)
Post #: 16
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 7:19:03 PM   
tiikki

quote:

I'm Tuomo Kalliokoski from Finland and intrested in playing computer WIF

Hmm... does maybe count, I've got the game and few times tried Barbarossa against myself...

No

Yes

Define Communist, on american scale yes, on european scale no :)

Tuomo

tuokall@gmail.com
quote:

Fine by me :)

Life is too serious to be taken seriously

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 17
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 8:16:43 PM   
Cheesehead

I would love to be on the team.

1. I have been playing WiF intensely the past 2 years, both PBEM using Vassal and face to face with a group. WiF is usually the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think of before I fall asleep.

2. I think I have a pretty good handle on the rules, although I have a long ways to go to mentor on strategy. With that in mind my answer is yes.

3. Whatever you need me to do, I'll do.

4. No, but I like the color red.

5. John Hammond, but Cheesehead works, too.

6. applehammond@juno.com

You can't fight in here...this is the war room!

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 18
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 8:23:20 PM   
rafaveterano

1)Yes, there has been a long time since I last played, but my best game mate just loves the game and knows everything about it, so in case of doubt he will be more than pleased to assist me.

2)No, sorry too much for it, at least now.

3)Yes, but I never liked too much the navy/airforce if I can choose, but I would do them if needed.

4)Never, but I always had a certain simpathy for anarchist movement

5) Rafa

6) rtomasalfaro@yahoo.es

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 19
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 9:16:54 PM   
beachbum

I want in, I tested a lot for the first version of CWIF

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Sure why not
5) Stian
6) stian@bleed.no

Stian

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 20
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 9:26:30 PM   
lomyrin

1. YES. I have played the boardgame version for many years, independent is no problem. I have also played the CWiF version for a long time.

2. YES. I am retired and have plenty of time.

3. YES.

4. Lars Myrin

5. lomyrin@cox.net

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 21
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/21/2005 10:25:26 PM   
benpark

1. No

2. NA

3. Yes

4. No

5. benpark

6. benpark1@hotmail.com

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to lomyrin)
Post #: 22
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/22/2005 12:20:46 AM   
Ballista

quote:

1. Have you played cardboard WiF sufficiently to play independantly? If not, I will look to team you up with an experienced player who will undertake to answer your rule based questions.

Yes

quote:

2. If you answered YES to Q.1, are you willing and able to mentor someone who answered NO to Q1?

No

quote:

3. Are you willing to be assigned one or more specific Test modules (eg Partisans, scrapping air units, Port Attacks etc) to test and undertake to test that module(s) for each software release? I will provide a written test plan which details those tests. Probably take about ten minutes for each Test module. Doesn't disqualify you if you're not in a position to do this.

YES

quote:

No but I could name some names....

quote:

5. Preferred Name

Don

quote:

6. Preferred email

paxamericanum@yahoo.com

I've also got a roommate who is also a WIF player (introduced me to the game as a matter of fact). He would be willing to do so also (and we can do so from my home network)...

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 23
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/22/2005 12:23:38 AM   
Manack

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes, last Wif Game
5. manack
6. manack@gmail.com

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 24
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/22/2005 12:33:44 AM   
c92nichj

quote:

Sure have, also played alot of CWIF in PBEM mode and now play PBEM actively using Cyberboard.

quote:

Sure no problem

quote:

Sure no problem , I volunteer for the AIA, but will do other as well.

quote:

I played as USSR a number of times does that count

quote:

5. Preferred Name

Nicklas

quote:

6. Preferred email

nickas_28nl@yahoo.com

quote:

Allready have one of thoose signed as I allready enrolled to help out with the AI. The agreement I signed actually says betatester eveb though it was for the AI but I guess that Matrix use the same agreement for all purposes.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 25
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/22/2005 2:32:28 AM   
tompl

quote:

1. Have you played cardboard WiF sufficiently to play independantly? If not, I will look to team you up with an experienced player who will undertake to answer your rule based questions. YES
2. If you answered YES to Q.1, are you willing and able to mentor someone who answered NO to Q1? YES
3. Are you willing to be assigned one or more specific Test modules (eg Partisans, scrapping air units, Port Attacks etc) to test and undertake to test that module(s) for each software release? I will provide a written test plan which details those tests. Probably take about ten minutes for each Test module. Doesn't disqualify you if you're not in a position to do this. YES
5. Preferred Name Tom Plunkett
6. Preferred email Tom Plunkett@hotmail.com

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 26
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/22/2005 3:05:59 AM   
jokrwyld

1. yes, but its been awhile since all my friends have scattered over the years and CWIF will be the only way we can again play this wonderful game!

2. I'd be willing to mentor, assuming that I was well ramped up to the game rules again. I would recommend you not have me as a mentor since its been awhile since I've played WIF

3. I would be happy to work with an assigned test module. anything to help this game get into my grimy little hands eventually! (I've been waiting for years!!)

4. he he... please run when you hear the click of my pistol, comrade. You will know that is when I am giving you an opportunity to "escape".

5. jayme cozzetto

6. wonderbread@comcast.net

Looking forward to helping evolve such a wonderful game if the opportunity presents itself! I am so devoted to computerizing this darn game. WIll it ever happen?? he he..

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 27
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/22/2005 4:48:03 AM   
P8654

1. No, but I have played the prior unfinished game
2. N/A
3. Yes, I am well aware of the joy that is testing. Real items not software.
4. Forgotten
5. P8654
6. P0451@verizon.net

"It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than in the air wishing you were on the ground."

(in reply to jokrwyld)
Post #: 28
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/22/2005 5:19:39 AM   
Griffitz62

1. No
2. NA
3. Yes
4. No, but am willing to learn
5. Ken
6. kendallgriffiths@cox.net

(in reply to P8654)
Post #: 29
RE: BetaTest List is open!!! - 12/22/2005 10:58:02 AM   
pak19652002

Sign me up, Captain.

1) Yes, playing very heavily both PBEM WiF and PBEM CWiF...all MPs, all options, all the time.
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) I'll take the 5th
5) Peter Kanjorski (as far as you know)
6) pak19652002@yahoo.com

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> BetaTest List is now Closed :( Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI