Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Diplomatic action

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Diplomatic action Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Diplomatic action - 12/28/2005 5:32:21 AM   
Cyrano~

Does getting a Nation that just surrendered to you to accept a "Refuse Alliance" clause make them immediately break the alliance it had with that nation (pre surrender)?
eg: Let's say you get Austria to surrender, tell them to refuse Alliance with Russia. Will they cancel their current alliance with Russia or just agree not to make another one if the current one runs out?
What about "Enforced Alliance". Will that get the nation to cancel it's current alliances (pre surrender)in favor of the new enforced one?

Which clause is better at reducing the availability of future free military units for the opponent you just defeated. Getting them to agree to an "Arms Limit" clause or "Feudal Reform" clause?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Diplomatic action - 12/30/2005 4:09:06 AM   
Cyrano~

Anyone?

Eric perhaps?

Thanks

(in reply to Cyrano~)
Post #: 2
RE: Diplomatic action - 12/30/2005 6:03:26 PM   
Kevan

I think they may just incur negative glory, which I believe is -4/turn. A couple of times, I've seen this show up on my own glory report, and tracked it down to a treaty obligation that conflicted with my other diplomatic relationships, such as being required to declare war against another nation that was already at war with a nation that I was at war with.

On that note, I think there really need to be some more checks in the system for computer diplomacy, such as a chance for cease fires when two nations haven't fought for a couple of turns. On quite a few occasions, I've seen the computer come up with 3-nation alliances that would work great... except that one nation (sometimes the one proposing the alliance) can't declare war because of a mutual enemy. In my current 23-year game playing as Sweden, I've been at war with Britain for about 10 years, having occupied it's continental territories (about 12 provinces) and N. Ireland and blockaded every port on the island, but never invading. During that time, the computer has come up with three of these 3-nation alliances, all of which included at least one nation that was also at war with Britain. I have 7 diplomats sitting inthe blockaded Britain, each of them either pressuring peace of lowering national morale, sometimes all doing the same thing, and the indominitable Brits sit at 950+ morale.

(in reply to Cyrano~)
Post #: 3
RE: Diplomatic action - 12/30/2005 6:43:43 PM   
Khornish

Kevan, I face something similar against Britain in my own game.

See my post about my game and POWs for what I have to say on the matter.

(in reply to Kevan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Diplomatic action Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI