Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it please?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it please? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it ple... - 1/2/2006 8:54:55 PM   
Roger Neilson

For two days now I have been unable to post anything to the forums. I have been able to reply to threads already active, but not able to start a new thread. In desperation I have even registered again as Roger Neilson 2 thinking this was another bit of my screwed up profile problem, still in itself not sorted for a year now. Even then I was unable to start a new thread.

I checked I was logged in, I checked my other login had been logged in.... then bingo....

Fire up internet explorer (which I hate) and here I am able to post as much as I like. So the problem is Firefox. As far as I can see I have done nothing that would allow me to do everything on the forum except generate new threads through any tweaking of Firefox. Can I ask if something has been done on the Forum end to cause this please?

Also, as I have someone's attention, can you have a look at why I am unable to edit my profile please?

If this is not the right place to ask these questions then I'm sorry, but i cannot see anywhere else to ask them!!!!!!!!

Roger

I have been using Firefox, this version, for several months now so its a new issue, not a general Firefox issue.
Post #: 1
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/2/2006 9:47:11 PM   
Captain Cruft

It's probably a cookie problem, this forum software in common with many other websites does seem to have problems in that area. I would suggest removing all cookies and saved form information and then re-starting the browser.

From menu Tools->Options->Privacy or Ctrl-Shift-Del via keyboard.

N.B. I use Firefox and have not experienced the problems you describe. However, I always logout when I leave the forum precisely in order to avoid this sort of thing.

(in reply to Roger Neilson)
Post #: 2
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/2/2006 10:04:09 PM   
Roger Neilson

Thanks for the idea.... I did that and nothing has changed.

Roger

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 3
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 12:15:46 AM   
rogueusmc

I am using firefox and have no problems...

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Post #: 4
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 12:37:05 AM   
Roger Neilson

Stranger and stranger said Alice........

Roger

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 5
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 12:39:32 AM   
Roger Neilson

So, I use the 'always view this page in IE' extension and bingo the post new thread button appears again.

Ho hum!

Roger

Post #: 6
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 12:45:40 AM   
Roger Neilson

Just to stop anyone looking down one blind alley.. if anyone is... I have checked all extensions that I have loaded. None have been added in the last few days apart from a Google extension added today, so extensions are not a cause of this problem.

Maybe its just me then? At least I have a sort of workaround.

Roger

Post #: 7
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 12:58:48 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson

For two days now I have been unable to post anything to the forums. I have been able to reply to threads already active, but not able to start a new thread. In desperation I have even registered again as Roger Neilson 2 thinking this was another bit of my screwed up profile problem, still in itself not sorted for a year now. Even then I was unable to start a new thread.

I checked I was logged in, I checked my other login had been logged in.... then bingo....

Fire up internet explorer (which I hate) and here I am able to post as much as I like. So the problem is Firefox. As far as I can see I have done nothing that would allow me to do everything on the forum except generate new threads through any tweaking of Firefox. Can I ask if something has been done on the Forum end to cause this please?

Also, as I have someone's attention, can you have a look at why I am unable to edit my profile please?

If this is not the right place to ask these questions then I'm sorry, but i cannot see anywhere else to ask them!!!!!!!!

Roger

I have been using Firefox, this version, for several months now so its a new issue, not a general Firefox issue.

try the CHS scenario. the China/India OOB and others have been improved...

Post #: 8
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 1:07:41 AM   
Roger Neilson

I'm completely puzzled by the relevance of that suggestion???

Roger

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 9
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 5:01:55 AM   
Captain Cruft

Yes I think Tanaka has posted on the wrong thread or something ... :)

How about checking whether Javascript is turned off? The forum requires it to be on.

Post #: 10
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 5:04:05 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

Roger

CHS solved tons of OOB booboos etc so perhaps it is simply assumed that CHS is a cure all.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

Post #: 11
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 8:07:05 AM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

quote:

Roger

CHS solved tons of OOB booboos etc so perhaps it is simply assumed that CHS is a cure all.

Ron, don't you know that The Thread cures all?

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 12
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 9:58:10 AM   
Roger Neilson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Cruft

How about checking whether Javascript is turned off? The forum requires it to be on.

Javascript was on, but that led me to look at the javascript console and it had some error messages relating to the forum.. so I went into Javascript console and checked a couple of boxes that weren't checked (and that hadn't seemed to me to be relevant) Now all seems to work fine.

Thanks for the help guys, even if it was only to eliminate issues.

Now I just wish one of the big chiefs could allow me to edit my profile!

Roger

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 13
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 10:50:50 AM   
Roger Neilson

I wish I could get that far... as soon as I try to apply anything different I get the message:

Your Login or Email has been chosen, please try again

I was told this would be sorted months ago.......

Roger
Post #: 14
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/3/2006 3:47:28 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

I wish I could get that far... as soon as I try to apply anything different I get the message:

Your Login or Email has been chosen, please try again

I was told this would be sorted months ago.......

Roger

Instead, Matrix used its technical resources to definitely solve problems with disappearing units, and disappearing leaders (and a host of other problems).

Post #: 15
RE: Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it... - 1/4/2006 2:57:58 AM   
Captain Cruft

The forum software is not Matrix's code. Now, being ASP based (interpreted) they do de facto have access to the source. However, that does not mean they are under any obligation to fix it.

Why anyone would ever use Windows/IIS for a web server is totally beyond me but that's not really much help. Sorry :)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Okay I figured out the problem, now can we solve it please? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI