Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Small WitP problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Small WitP problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Small WitP problem - 1/3/2006 8:55:40 PM   
Przemcio231

Hi im able to start a multiplayer game Using Witp 1.73 with AB map as i play 1.6 with 3 other people i copied the entire Witp Folder to new direction thus copying another Folder with game in it i swithed the official map for the AB one and applied the 1.73 Path but when i run the Game the Error 799 ore something pops up do i need to install the game ageain applaying all the pathes or maybe i need to change something in some files?? will the game install itself for the secound time without damaging the existing working instalation
Post #: 1
RE: Small WitP problem - 1/3/2006 9:33:42 PM   
Feinder

Hey Prz, It appears that English might be a second language for you, so I'm just gonna edit your post a little, to make it a little more clear to others. Please don't take offense. There is probably somebody who can help you (specifically somebody who plays on ABs map, or CHS), but this might facilitate an aswer for you quicker. Sorry I can't help further, but I'm sure somebody will have a suggestion.

quote:

Hi im able to start a multiplayer game Using Witp 1.73 with AB map.

As i play 1.6 with 3 other people i copied the entire Witp Folder to new direct(ory),
thus copying another Folder with game in it.

I switched the official map for the AB one and applied the 1.73 Path
but when i run the Game the Error 799 ore something pops up.

Do i need to install the game ageain applaying all the pathes?
Or maybe i need to change something in some files??

Will the game install itself for the secound time without damaging the existing working instalation?

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Przemcio231)
Post #: 2
RE: Small WitP problem - 1/3/2006 9:42:25 PM   
Przemcio231

quote:

for you, so I'm just gonna edit your post a little, to make it a little more clear to others. Please don't take offense. There is probably somebody who can help you (specifically somebody who p

Crap got the same problem with polish... no capital letters no dots and such its a pitty that this is not a on line live chat forum i would have no problems with my deamn Writing any way the more time i spend on such forums or talking to people all over the world thrugh Skype i even dream in English

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Small WitP problem - 1/3/2006 10:39:03 PM   
Black Mamba 1942

I am not sure if this will work, but try this.

Go to your new mod folder in the hard drive.
Locate the witp exe application and create a shortcut by right clicking on it,
It gives a small menu, select create shortcut.
Drag the new shortcut icon to your desktop.

Try this and see if it will work.

If not, the problem is more than likely the path.
If it's the path maybe someone else can point you in the right direction.

Post #: 4
RE: Small WitP problem - 1/4/2006 10:06:38 AM   
Przemcio231

Tryed that id didn't work still the same error I will try to install this game from the CD... I Sure hope it woun't ruine my other installation any one here installed Witp on one computer twice and runed both installations

(in reply to Black Mamba 1942)
Post #: 5
RE: Small WitP problem - 1/4/2006 2:49:05 PM   
Cpt Sherwood

I have two installs now. I have not experienced any problems. I do remember reading about not doing any uninstalls, it will mess things up. If you need to, you can just delete an entire install. Only uninstall the last install you have on your machine.

Post #: 6
RE: Small WitP problem - 1/4/2006 2:53:39 PM   
Przemcio231

quote:

have not experienced any problems. I do remember reading about not doing any uninstalls, it will

Thanks i installed Witp for the secound time and now im Pathing it up... hope it will work ok

(in reply to Cpt Sherwood)
Post #: 7
RE: Small WitP problem - 1/4/2006 3:20:14 PM   
Przemcio231

Ok this Sucks i installed the game for the secound time and i have a problem the old one was pathed up to 1.6 and the new to 1.73 Beta but why in the Hell when i run the old one it says v 1.73

I checked the War In the Pacific.exe files and it turns out
My 1.6 Version file 1.990.656 MB last time modificated in June
New 1.73 Instalation file 1.998.848 MB last time modificated today
so every thing schuld be fine i got two separate Shortcuts on my desktop so why the old 1.6 version shows up as 1.73...

< Message edited by Przemcio231 -- 1/4/2006 3:27:07 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Small WitP problem - 1/4/2006 3:48:28 PM   
Cpt Sherwood

Yes, if you have an install for version 1.6 and then do another install to 1.7x, the first will say on the first screen that it is version 1.7x but it is not. Do not worry, it will work fine, just ignore what the first install says. Sorry for that scare. As stated above, one of the only things stored in the registery is the version number, so all of them will get the version number of the last installation.

Post #: 9
RE: Small WitP problem - 1/4/2006 3:59:06 PM   
Przemcio231

Ok thanks:) i just checked and one version has normal map the other AB's map so it ok

(in reply to Cpt Sherwood)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Small WitP problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI