Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems using scenario editor and database editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Problems using scenario editor and database editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems using scenario editor and database editor - 1/11/2006 8:01:27 PM   
sim1985

Hi, I aquired this game in December 05 and am unsuccessfully attempting to adjust the scenarios.

If I save as, without any changes, the war in the pacific scenario under either the database or scenario editor under slot 25-30 I have the following errors:

- the game will freeze if started partway through the opening turn (no change to the scenario). If I have made minor changes to the Japanese they win a total victory in the opening turn.
- the device data base can't open the new scenarion because it cannot open the device data file (no changes have been made to the scenario)
- the scenario editor cannot can't open the new scenario because it cannot open the location data file. If minor changes have been made to the set up I get cannot open the aircraft data file.

I'm sure that I am making an obvious error. Any advice?

Thanks

Stephen
Post #: 1
RE: Problems using scenario editor and database editor - 1/11/2006 8:06:42 PM   
Nikademus

You have to create a duplicate cam000 file with the '000' matching the new slot number of your scenario.

(in reply to sim1985)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems using scenario editor and database editor - 1/12/2006 1:39:15 AM   
sim1985

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Could you please explain in a little more detail. I have saved, for example, the "war in the pacific scenario" in slot 30 and called it test5. There is now a scenario listed under database editor, scenario editor and the game labeled "030 - test 5". If I attempt to open this still unchanged file in: database editor I get "cannot open device data file", in the scenario editor I get "cannot open location data file".

I am unclear from your suggestion which file I need to make a duplicate of and how.

I am a complete novice an appreciate your help.

Thanks

Stephen

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems using scenario editor and database editor - 1/12/2006 6:56:35 AM   
CobraAus

quote:

Could you please explain in a little more detail.

welcome to the forum Sim1985 to create a new scen in the editor open the original scen you want to change in the the database editor and save to the new slot you want to use
close editor open Scen editor select same original scen and save in same new slot that you used for the database editor

in lay terms there 2 editors and you have to save into the new slot with both
what your looks like is you saved the scen but not the data base

Cobra Aus

(in reply to sim1985)
Post #: 4
RE: Problems using scenario editor and database editor - 1/12/2006 4:11:15 PM   
Nikademus

If resaving the Grand Campaign (Scenario 15) to a new slot so that you can modify it.....copy the cam015 file in the SCEN subfolder of War in the Pacific and rename the copy cam030.

the CAM (short for Campaign) file contains the map data needed by the game and is specific for each scenario.

(in reply to sim1985)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Problems using scenario editor and database editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI