Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules - 1/16/2006 1:20:02 AM   
solops

Is there a discussion somewhere of the new waste system? I want to read more explanation and discussion of the effects of the "If Court level >=5 then no contribution to waste" and "If Court level>=7 OR Culture >=5 then province unaffected by National Waste Level."

Depending on the calculations involved, it sounds like you would want Court level 5 AND Culture level 5.
Post #: 1
RE: New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules - 1/16/2006 8:08:08 AM   
Diagoras

We need a COGwiki...

Also remember that protectorates shouldn't count against waste. Turkey, in my opinion, is almost always better off granting her conquered provinces protectorate status just for this reason.

Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would bring great harm unto yourself, and never refuse to take a drink-- under any circumstances.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 2
RE: New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules - 1/16/2006 3:49:49 PM   
ericbabe

There's no long discussion of the new waste rules anywhere that I can think of.

The new rules are intended to give players two different mechanisms for dealing with waste. Culture works well for eliminating waste in certain provinces, but isn't as cost-effective for reducing waste in very large empires. A combination of courts/culture is usually the best way to go.

A wiki is a great idea, and is something we're looking into for future products.

(in reply to Diagoras)
Post #: 3
RE: New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules - 1/16/2006 4:56:28 PM   
solops

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

The new rules are intended to give players two different mechanisms for dealing with waste. Culture works well for eliminating waste in certain provinces, but isn't as cost-effective for reducing waste in very large empires. A combination of courts/culture is usually the best way to go.

OK, that confirms my understanding of the rules.

For "If Court level >=5 then no contribution to waste": Affects ALL provinces - the province meeting the Court level criteria still suffers waste, BUT at a reduced rate. The reduced rate is also applied to all other provinces. It would be "3% x ((# provinces -20)-1)" rater than "3% x (# provinces -20)".

For "If Court level>=7 OR Culture >=5 then province unaffected by National Waste Level": affects ONLY the individual province. The province suffers NO waste at all? It has the added attraction of contributing toward military upgrades. However, the province in question still counts toward the waste occurring in all of the other provinces, doesn't it?

If the above is correct, then it would seem to me that building to Culture=5 is easily the best and cheapest answer, but in a large empire new, poorer provinces are going to be totally worthless for a long, long time, especially if Culture suffers the building penalty for building over the road level.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules - 1/16/2006 5:57:47 PM   
ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops
However, the province in question still counts toward the waste occurring in all of the other provinces, doesn't it?

That is correct.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 5
RE: New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules - 1/23/2006 8:01:29 PM   
solops

How about an extra row on each province's individual screen showing waste of each item (iron, food, etc) in that province right below production of each item?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules - 4/5/2006 4:38:02 AM   
solops

Has waste changed any since 1.216?

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 7
RE: New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules - 4/5/2006 10:50:48 PM   
ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

Has waste changed any since 1.216?

No (at least not according to my notes...)

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> New, 1.1216+ Waste Rules Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI