Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

huge e-mail file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> huge e-mail file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
huge e-mail file - 1/20/2006 1:02:16 AM   
BjörnR

I´m playing by e-mail and have noticed that one of the files are getting bigger, so big that i causes transfer problems (4Mb).Why is that? How do I handle it?
Post #: 1
RE: huge e-mail file - 1/20/2006 4:44:32 AM   
IBTyrone

It's the .rec file, which gets bigger and bigger as the scenario goes on. You don't *have* to have it to play your scenario, but if you want to see a replay of what happened during your opponents last turn, you need to have it.

In the few PBEM games I have done, in the later turns, I knew enough of where my troops were at that I did not need the .rec file. Having it may help you spot enemy troops when they shoot at you, though.

If you don't have a gmail email account, you might want to think about picking one up. Since gmail gives you nearly a 3 gig email account free, it is great for emailing those large files back and forth.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to BjörnR)
Post #: 2
RE: huge e-mail file - 1/21/2006 11:33:12 AM   
StefanE

You can also zip the four files of your ongoing game to your opponent. The .rec-file compresses extremely well, so the zip-file usually gets 2-300kB.

/Stefan

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> huge e-mail file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI