Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pocket Passing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Pocket Passing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pocket Passing - 1/24/2006 2:40:44 AM   
Brodie

For passing how does the rating work the higher the number the more chance to pull it down or run

Danny McManus 40 rating little chance of rushing
Tracy Ham 80 great chance of taking it down to rush

or is it the oposite
Post #: 1
RE: Pocket Passing - 1/24/2006 6:48:13 AM   
David Winter

The higher the pocket passing skill attribute, the more likely the QB is to stay in the pocket. A Casey Printers is probably about a 35 pocket passer. A Danny Mac would be around 90 (mostly beccause he couldn't run to save his life!). The higher your pocket passer skill attribute is, the more investment you should have in better blockers!

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 2
RE: Pocket Passing - 1/25/2006 8:41:54 AM   
Maliki

Interesting.

I would contend that a pocket passer is more of an asset to a team then one willing to cut and run.A QB is there for two reasons and two reasons only,pass and hand off.If a guys taking off running,even if it might lead to exciting plays,then either the play has broken down or the QB does not have enough skill or confidence in his line to stay in the pocket.

Me.I'm going for pocket passers 99.9% of the time when this game comes out.Take the sack and continue on.

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Pocket Passing - 1/25/2006 7:52:38 PM   
David Winter

For my money I want a QB that can get out of the pocket and move around. A running QB provides an extra threat and someone else that the defense has to keep track of. If a LB always knows where the QB is going to be, that makes the defenses job awful easy. Also, if the defense is always running around trying to catch a scrambling QB they're going to worn out come the 4th.

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 4
RE: Pocket Passing - 1/26/2006 1:25:38 AM   
mudrick

The idea is to have a good QB. Whether or not this game can correctly mimick it with these ratings is yet to be seen. For example.....John Elway and Randall Cunningham were excellent pocket passers, yet they had excellent mobility. Better than a good pocket passer without mobility.

Now of course there are variables to this. QB's that take off running before they should. I have no idea if there will be ratings for this.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Pocket Passing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI