Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans! (For Free)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans! (For Free) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans! (F... - 1/26/2006 3:38:50 AM   
JosephL

Join the Matrix and Playnet staff and the many Matrix fans as we join the Allies THIS weekend, January 28th and 29th. All weekend long we will have a dedicated chat channel and be coordinating attacks. This is a great opportunity to fight side by side with all your matrix friends, and it’s free!

To join please go to www.battleground-europe.com and download the demo from the link available there (Link will be available starting Friday, Jan 27th around 4:00 PM Eastern). Then, create a free trial account.

Once you have done so, login and have your character join the allies (Britain or France). Click on the “F6 button” in the chat bar and select “Custom” and enter the numbers “79.” Now, press F6 and type a greeting. The Matrix Allied Taskforce will fill you in on the basics and where to go from there!

I look forward to seeing some of our forum goers on BGE this weekend. I'll be there pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday... and you can't POSSIBLY be worse than I am (though I am up to two kills with my new character).

< Message edited by JosephL -- 1/26/2006 6:07:22 AM >

Joseph Lieberman
Post #: 1
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/26/2006 8:00:18 AM   
ravinhood

hehe Matrixgames on the Allied side, Paradox fans on the Axis side. I'll come then. lol

(in reply to JosephL)
Post #: 2
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/26/2006 9:16:08 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JosephL
Join the Matrix and Playnet staff and the many Matrix fans as we join the Allies THIS weekend, January 28th and 29th.

AAARGH - not *this* weekend ! - I'll be away all weekend, unless I can convince my wife otherwise (fat chance) or the weather turns really nasty (just started praying for 2' of snow)

But just in case I can make it an innocent question here : can you shoot the guys on your own side ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to JosephL)
Post #: 3
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/26/2006 11:16:57 AM   
JosephL

You can shoot them, but it doesn't do any damage... ... and its a good thing too :)

-Joe

Joseph Lieberman

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 4
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/26/2006 4:14:58 PM   
armyao

you can't kill friendlies with weapons, but hit a tree or other object with soldiers on your truck and that will kill them.. or in a plane with a lot of paratroops and you get mad at people telling you that you are teh suck, just nosedive in and kill em all ;-)

oh yeah, and you CAN kill yourself.. drop a nade at your feet or a satchel charge and you'll see what i mean :-)

i'm looking forward to having you guys online with us!! just remember that it's a hard game to get a grip on... just keep at it and before you know it you'll know which tiny black dots on the horizon are enemy and which one's aren't :-)

also, if you wanna see an organized op on the allied side in progress, we have a 4th brigade (British Army) sponsored operation planned for Saturday afternooon starting at 4pm EST (GMT -5:00 (I think LOL)).. tune ch21 if you wanna join in.. it will be fun and give you a taste of what teamwork is involved in taking it to the axis.

S!

(in reply to JosephL)
Post #: 5
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/26/2006 5:39:22 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I have also got a couple of armored cars high-grounded on obstacles...this is almost like killing a friendly.

It is a fun game. I dont suppose the new thing will operate on a 733 Mhz machine.

(in reply to armyao)
Post #: 6
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/26/2006 6:11:13 PM   
armyao

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

I have also got a couple of armored cars high-grounded on obstacles...this is almost like killing a friendly.

It is a fun game. I dont suppose the new thing will operate on a 733 Mhz machine.

dunno Cap.. 733 is pretty low end.. the biggest help i can be (technically speaking) is to make sure you have plenty of ram.. at least 1 gig is typically recommended. You can play with less, but you'll get a much better experience with at least 1 gig.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 7
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/26/2006 8:09:48 PM   
MacDR50

Sweep for spyware etc, defrag your hard drive and close any unnecessary processes. This game needs your computer's and your connections full attention.

La a'Bhlair s'math na Cairdean
(Friends are good on the day of battle)

(in reply to armyao)
Post #: 8
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/26/2006 10:01:39 PM   
gnasche

Required System Specifications (PC)

* Windows XP (Although it runs on everything back to Win95..just no official support for it...and no WinNT)
* 1.2 GHz CPU (2 GHz Recommended)
* 512 MB of RAM (1GB Recommended)
* 128 MB 3d Video Card (OpenGL v1.2 compliant)
* DirectSound-compatibile Audio Card
* 56K Modem or with Internet connection
(broadband internet connection recommended)
* 1GB free hard disc space
* DirectX 9.0 or higher
(joystick recommended)

(in reply to MacDR50)
Post #: 9
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/27/2006 7:50:25 AM   
hardcase

You can d/l the game now and create your account tomorow. 2 weeks should hook a bunch of you. Get the lastest mobo, vid and sound drivers. Post in the help forums for gaming tweaks if needed.

(in reply to JosephL)
Post #: 10
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/28/2006 2:03:13 AM   
rogueusmc

I'm logged in...how do I get to the chat to do the 79 thing?

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to hardcase)
Post #: 11
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/28/2006 4:36:34 AM   
David Heath

Man do I suck at this game.... but was having a blast.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 12
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/28/2006 6:39:05 AM   
Tankerace

I might stop by.... haven't played WW2OL in years.... so where do I get my Tommy Gun?

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 13
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/28/2006 7:20:10 AM   
benpark

That was pretty fun, once I got to where the action was. I am pretty good at getting killed. Who was "Matrix 05"? Thanks for the help!

We should get a proper 6-9 man squad together for tomorrow night. Be great to try some proper tactics out.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 14
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/28/2006 2:51:13 PM   
gnasche

I made an interactive Flash guide to help new players get aquianted with the map and find battles quickly: http://www.gnasche.com/map.html

Also, here is a thorough explanation of using the chat radio and channels: http://www.thetrainer.info/radio_commands.htm

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 15
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/28/2006 8:37:01 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

Marc and myself are online now.... German Paratroopers are landing right on top of us.....

Who's Who from Matrix on Battleground Europe.

David Heath: matrix01

Erik Rutins: matrix02

Marc Schwanebeck: matrix03

Alex Felder: matrix 04

Joe Lieberman: matrix05

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 16
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/28/2006 9:35:52 PM   
Marc von Martial

Ha, got two kills credited. Two GE paras, one in the back and one at 200m, lucky shot.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 17
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/29/2006 1:43:43 AM   
iaidoka2

I saw you guys yesterday when I was online (Ive just joined a squad). This game is a lot of fun and IMHO fills in the gaps in games like COD etc.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 18
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/29/2006 5:29:28 AM   
Marc von Martial

Yeah, it's incredible. I played WW2 online years ago. The game has just sooooo much improved like back then. I'm hooked again. Yehaaah.

(in reply to iaidoka2)
Post #: 19
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/29/2006 7:05:47 AM   
Tankerace

Well, I gave it a whirl, got 1 kill with a Lee Enfield, augered a Hurricane, and pushed around a 2pdr to the ends of the earth. And about 5 minutes ago, while pushing a 2pdr around, I saw David (Matrix01). So I got him to stand still for a nice picture (see below). Hehehehehe.

Attachment (1)

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 20
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/29/2006 9:25:57 AM   
gnasche

Hey, admins. As you know, this game being Player vs Player generates a lot of antagonism between sides (Axis and Allies). Any chance you could edit the news post on your main page to first include a balanced description of the 14-day trial before mentioning the "Play Allied" weekend? Arguments get pretty heated (and have today) on the forums when players feel there is an official promotion or game change which favors one side over the other. Thanks for reading.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 21
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/29/2006 4:17:56 PM   
mogami

Hi, Logged on no Matrix people and then game crashed.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to gnasche)
Post #: 22
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/29/2006 4:51:42 PM   
gnasche

Mogami, if the game crashes again, go into the Support Forum: http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

If you have a windows PC then include your dxdiag info in the description of the problem: http://www.gnasche.com/ww2ol/support/gethelp.htm

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 23
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/29/2006 7:06:46 PM   
Brady

I have had an acount thier since just before it came out, I was in the last groupe of beta testers, it is a fun game, and I play it for a month or so and take a break and come back to it, they are constantly improving it, one of the things I like best about it.

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view

(in reply to gnasche)
Post #: 24
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/29/2006 9:33:38 PM   
rogueusmc

Hey Brady,

Gary Childress want to put mini subs in his mod and was asking and folks told him you had covered that ground...

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 25
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/31/2006 5:20:46 AM   
Agrippa

I tried to link up with the Matrix group over the weekend and had no luck. Whenever I tried to ask how to link up on the 79 channel, I never received a reply. From what I saw of the game, it looked amazing, but my experience playing was an odyssey of misery. I was killed twice and MIA once.

Salute,

Agrippa

(in reply to JosephL)
Post #: 26
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/31/2006 7:55:22 AM   
hardcase

Bring up cursor with ALT..select empty channel..f5..select Custom and type in 79, hit enter. Get with a group makes it more fun. If in game, you can tune my ID, but selecting Custom and typing hardcase and hitting enter. Keep trying, it gets easier the more you die

(in reply to Agrippa)
Post #: 27
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/31/2006 8:18:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

Well, I gave it a whirl, got 1 kill with a Lee Enfield, augered a Hurricane, and pushed around a 2pdr to the ends of the earth. And about 5 minutes ago, while pushing a 2pdr around, I saw David (Matrix01). So I got him to stand still for a nice picture (see below). Hehehehehe.

OK...that is pretty bloody funny

Manning a well hidden AT gun is a blast (at least it was in the previous incarnation of the game)...of course you have to wait for the enemy to come to you

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 28
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 1/31/2006 9:12:32 PM   
JosephL

Well, the weekend is over but the trial lives on.

I have this to say about my experience: Oh... my ears! If I had to pick one thing BGE does best it is the sound effects. If you are in a large battle you hear gunshots all around you, tank fire from distant hills (hopefully) the woosh and riccochet of bullets as they fly past your helmet, bombs dropping, plane engines, air raid sirens.... and it is all directional... so you can turn your soldier head when you hear a gunshot and have a good idea of where it came from.

On the brighest note. There I was slowly creeping up on a German town that wasn't expecting our allied attack. I made it into a small protected area around a tree. I happened to look to my right and what did I see, another person doing the exact same thing as me but in the other direction! A german not 3 ft away from me... and he doesn't see me! I take aim and blast his helmet... and that was my first kill :)

On the note that we are Allied Propegandists and taking sides:

The decision for ALLIES only was made because the chat channel, 79, would only work if everyone is on the same side. The reason we picked allies over germans had nothing to do with politics but actually had to do with the fact the Allies were losing and needed people :) Sorry if that decision bothered anyone and that it wasn't explained...

-Joe

Joseph Lieberman

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 29
RE: Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans... - 2/1/2006 5:14:04 AM   
Agrippa

Thanks, I will try again Wednesday night. If your on line I will join whatever battle your in.

Salute,

Agrippa

(in reply to hardcase)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Play Battleground Europe with Matrix Staff and Fans! (For Free) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI