Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Getting frustrated/ Want a refund

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Battleground Europe: WWII Online >> Getting frustrated/ Want a refund Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/1/2006 12:30:57 AM   
Raskal67

I seem to have been sucked in again. I originally purchased WWIIOnline and finnally gave it up as a buggy POS. I decided over a week ago to try this again and cannot get online to play. I have posted in the forums at the home site and recieved the same usless info...Did you follow the getting started instruction etc.
Matrix has not responded to my tech support email since before Christmas. How do I get a refund from Matrix for my digital download?
Post #: 1
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/1/2006 1:43:17 AM   
elmo3

Do you get any error messages? I was on earlier today. I always have to log on from my squad page. Going in from Play Gate on my PC never works for me.

(in reply to Raskal67)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/1/2006 1:59:47 AM   
Erik Rutins

Raskal,

What address did you e-mail to for tech support? Use support@matrixgames.com and please re-send if you haven't heard back. We respond to every e-mail we received, but admittedly as we are on vacation as a company from the 24th through the 3rd, we've been slower than usual.

With that said, we provide order and installation support for Battleground Europe, but we don't provide full tech support as we do not have the training to assist beyond basic configuration for this title. Since a lot of other folks are playing without issues, I'll ask a basic set of questions here:

1. Did you make sure your system meets the minimum requirements?
2. What were you told on the forums when you posted about your problem?
3. Did you try turning off firewall and security applications or putting your computer in your router's DMZ (if you have a router)?
4. Do you play any other online games? Any trouble with those?
5. Do you get as far as downloading the updates? At what point, exactly, does it fail? Do you have a screenshot of the point where it gives an error or times out?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/1/2006 2:07:25 AM   
Zakhal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raskal67

I seem to have been sucked in again. I originally purchased WWIIOnline and finnally gave it up as a buggy POS. I decided over a week ago to try this again and cannot get online to play.

I played online just hour ago seems to work just fine? In the forums though they say that the server was down at som point today. Seems like the newest patch brought som server instability. But believe me the game has been very stable for many years now. Its rare to see the server down nowadays.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to Raskal67)
Post #: 4
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/1/2006 2:10:43 AM   
Zakhal

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=79250

Seems like you have somkind of login problem. Check this thread "UNABLE TO LOGIN INTO THE GAME":

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=32761

I hope you notice that login name and game name can be different.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 5
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/2/2006 3:11:05 AM   
Raskal67

Amazing, After posting to this board I follow the getting started link and everthing works fine so far...

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 6
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/2/2006 3:32:32 AM   
SlapBone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Raskal,

What address did you e-mail to for tech support? Use support@matrixgames.com and please re-send if you haven't heard back. We respond to every e-mail we received, but admittedly as we are on vacation as a company from the 24th through the 3rd, we've been slower than usual.

With that said, we provide order and installation support for Battleground Europe, but we don't provide full tech support as we do not have the training to assist beyond basic configuration for this title. Since a lot of other folks are playing without issues, I'll ask a basic set of questions here:

1. Did you make sure your system meets the minimum requirements?
2. What were you told on the forums when you posted about your problem?
3. Did you try turning off firewall and security applications or putting your computer in your router's DMZ (if you have a router)?
4. Do you play any other online games? Any trouble with those?
5. Do you get as far as downloading the updates? At what point, exactly, does it fail? Do you have a screenshot of the point where it gives an error or times out?

Regards,

- Erik

6. Did you flush the toilet? If so, why is this turd of a game still floating?

I went my friend's house the day after Christmas to check out the changes. This dude started when I did in June 2001 and he goes back every so often (I stopped playing after being blatantly lied to by the staff at Cornered Rat not to merntion the absolutely horrid release). His latest stint in the game seems to be extended, so naturally my interest is piqued.

He starts by showing me the German 109 (and his baddass new Saitek joystick). He gets in the air and starts flying.

Me: Wow the terrain looks much better
Him: Yea they put in Speedtree and Speedcrap (paraphrase...apparently The Speedtree people make more than just trees)
Me: Yea that looks a lot better
(10 minutes of flying)
(Game starts stuttering)
Him: Gotta load everybody
Me: Yea, same as before
(about 60 seconds of slideshow and then blackscreen)
Me: wow that was impressive
Him: Yea I shoulda reloaded
Me: They got a memory leak?
Him: No you just have to reload every 2 or 3 hours
Me: Yea like when there's a memory leak

Duh!!

I can run to the convenience store and have that much fun.

I dig Matrix games but this game is an exercise in self-mutilation and has been since release.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/2/2006 2:37:55 PM   
elmo3

Odd, the only time I've ever had a black screen in about a month of play was when I was KIA.

Edit - And one time I blacked out trying to pull out of a dive too quickly.

< Message edited by elmo3 -- 1/12/2006 1:47:12 PM >

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 8
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/2/2006 7:42:19 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

6. Did you flush the toilet? If so, why is this turd of a game still floating?

Bawhawhawhaw, I just fell out of my chair on that one. Oh my that has to be the lowest cut I've ever seen that game get.

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 9
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/3/2006 6:26:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

SlapBone,

quote:

ORIGINAL: SlapBone
Me: They got a memory leak?
Him: No you just have to reload every 2 or 3 hours
Me: Yea like when there's a memory leak

I'm sorry to hear of that experience. When we tried it here on our systems, that was not the experience we had. Have you seen it played on any other systems to rule out any issues on your friend's system?

Has your friend contacted tech support on this issue? Toilet comments notwithstanding, that's not normal gameplay and I'd hope he would have reported it.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 10
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/11/2006 7:05:37 PM   
hardcase

Stutterings can be fixed by changing ww2.exe under properties to NT Compatability.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/13/2006 1:07:52 AM   
hardcase

Post on the Windows Help Forum and we can probably find your problem. Firewall comes to mind first.

(in reply to hardcase)
Post #: 12
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/26/2006 7:08:39 PM   
thorpug

Sorry to hear of your friend's probs Slapbone. I am a new member here but have been playing BG Europe for over 2 yrs now. There is no easy answer to give you (and probably no one answer will do) but what you MUST do is run a clean machine. If you're on a mac you will tend to have far fewer but different issues. For the PCers I know from experience that defragging is always overlooked but o so important along with virus protection (and dont go cheap).

Also you're video card MUST be a minimum of 128mgs of ram but I advise you to go 256 as this game is advancing all the time. (you can imagine the polygon ratio and the physics involved in rendering Europe at 1/2 scale for thousands of players at one time !!) Then you better have a minimum of 1G of ram in your system.

Now even with these very simple basics it does not guarantee an end to problems. Man I know I've had a ton.... BUT the playability of this game simply put blows everything else outa the water. Negligible ai and NO repitition in missions. Its what seperated the men from the boys as far as I was concerned re: war games of any kind (including America's Army which deals with isolated missions and does not accommodate resupply problems which would affect the real world)

I've found many an answer within the BG Europe forums and if you join a squad (and you should to get the full game enjoyment) their members are wonderful in helping you with any problem. They have a real interest in seeing you ingame and its far easier than floundering around on your own through forums ad nauseum.

Anyways hope you resolve your problems. BG Europe is DEFINITELY worth working through them as everyone's system is different.

Thorpug, vRHC

(in reply to hardcase)
Post #: 13
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/26/2006 8:05:19 PM   
MacDR50

Yes, with all the "toilet" stuff that gets dl'd onto peoples computers these days there are problems with this and other games which combine information on your hardrive/RAM with updates received over the internet. I currently play BGE on two very different PC platforms. One is an AMD 64 Bit CPU with a Nvidia 5700 Ultra and 1 gig of DDR ram. The Game is on my primary HD (SATA) and my pagefile is on another HD (SATA). The second machine is an Intel 3.06 notebook with ATI graphics and 1 gig of DDR ram. Never had problems with notebook but was getting crashes on the other unit within the first hour of play but then it worked fine even when I stayed on for several hours. Both machines are kept clean and defragged. After some carefull investigation I located the !@#$%^ program that was causing the hangs - non-other than the automatic Windows Update. I turned it off and problem solved.

It is easy to lay blame but with computers the "culprit" is not so easy to identify. BGE rocks any other bang>die>repeat game. Like Bogey said "Play it again Sam".

La a'Bhlair s'math na Cairdean
(Friends are good on the day of battle)

(in reply to thorpug)
Post #: 14
RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund - 1/26/2006 9:41:34 PM   
armyao

yeah, that's not typical of the gameplay.. unless you have a sucky system... and for it to be sucky, it's gotta be sucky. this game isn't processor, video card intensive.. it CAN use a lot of ram, and is taken down or rebooted every once in a while... several of my squad mates have modem connections.. yeah, that's right.. dialup modems. try playin any recent FPS over a modem and see what happens to ya...

this game is for those that are tired of the spawn, run, die, repeat games. if you LOVE BF2 and AA then this game might not be for you. I would try it out.. and give it a chance.. the visuals aren't near as good as other games, but other games aren't near as good on gameplay. It's your call which is more important to you.

(in reply to MacDR50)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Battleground Europe: WWII Online >> Getting frustrated/ Want a refund Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI