Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hello, My name is Oldwarrior and I am new to this forum

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Hello, My name is Oldwarrior and I am new to this forum Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hello, My name is Oldwarrior and I am new to this forum - 1/30/2006 10:23:45 PM   
eric0303

I have been thinking about buying this game and have a few questions:

1-Is there a place on the web (I have not found any) that has a file with scenarios for FPG??
2-Is the map a 1 of a kind map? In other words has anyone made a map for a scenario outside of Germany where opposing forces could engage?
3-Are there any mods for this game? New maps? sounds? additional units? Etc
Thanks for your time
I have been wargaming since the 60’s and still love it to this day.
Oldwarrior
Post #: 1
RE: Hello, My name is Oldwarrior and I am new to this f... - 1/31/2006 1:37:29 AM   
CapnDarwin

oldwarrior,

#1- Not that I have seen. It take a bit of work to make a full scenario and noone seem to have stepped up to the plate on that. It easy fairly easy to make your own battles with the Ad-hoc scenario tool.

#2- There are 4 very nice hand crafted maps in the game. Germany is the focus of the maps. There is no map editor in this version due to the hand crafted map style. We are looking to change that in the next game so folks can build more maps of various sizes.

#3- Additional units and in fact a counters mod was integrated into the game and in the updates. The guy who was doing graphics lives(d) on the Gulf coast and the hurricane put him out of business unfortunately. That is half the reason for a new mapping model in the next game. If you have wave file sound bites of guns and such you can place them in the game to replace what is there. I am also aware of a graphics being worked by one of our beta testers.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to eric0303)
Post #: 2
RE: Hello, My name is Oldwarrior and I am new to this f... - 2/2/2006 4:26:15 AM   
z1812

Hi Old Warrior,

I have been wargaming since the sixties too. Also I am the beta-tester that is working on a graphics mod. It will change the unit and badge icons.

It would be nice to release some new scenarios and I have finished 1 of what I hope will be a set of 5 related scenarios.

At the moment we are very busy testing builds to put a finish to 1.05. I can't say when the graphics mod may be finished but it is coming along.

The game system is quite good. The amount of support given by Robert Crandall and Capn Darwin is outstanding. Check out some of the posts, if you have not already, and perhaps they will help you in making a decision about buying it.

Regards John

(in reply to eric0303)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Hello, My name is Oldwarrior and I am new to this forum Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI