Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

China in 1922-1930 era

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> China in 1922-1930 era Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
China in 1922-1930 era - 2/8/2006 4:17:02 AM   
Philodraco

Very different with the time of WitP, in 1922 to 1930, China ruled by a lot of warlords, In the political chaos following the death (1916) of republican China's first president and commander in chief, Yüan Shih-kai , central authority fell to the provincial military governors and regional military groups emerged based on personal loyalties. During the next decade there was a series of wars between shifting coalitions of military cliques in N China for the collection of provincial and national revenues and for control of the republican government at Beijing. Between 1926 and 1928 the Northern Expedition of the Kuomintang party and the army under Chiang Kai-shek in alliance with prorevolutionary militarists wrested control of N China from the regional armies of Chang Tso-lin , Wu P'ei-fu , and Sun Ch'uan-fang. However, the new Kuomintang government at Nanjing was able to establish central administrative and fiscal hegemony over only a few provinces in SE China. Most provinces continued to be controlled by local militarists until the unification of China following the Communist victory in 1949.

You can also read
http://www.thecorner.org/hists/china/warlords.htm

The map is here
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/chin-cw1.htm

Post #: 1
RE: China in 1922-1930 era - 2/8/2006 7:53:24 AM   
a300mech

Cool! Thanks for the links and info!

Darryl

War Plan Orange, US R-class fanboi
Insert fancy artwork of R-class boat here:

(in reply to Philodraco)
Post #: 2
RE: China in 1922-1930 era - 2/8/2006 9:34:53 AM   
Philodraco

I have some documents about the Chinese warlords OOB in this time, but first it is a huge work and my English is not too good. I shall try to list up it, but I am not sure how long can finish.
do my best.

(in reply to a300mech)
Post #: 3
RE: China in 1922-1930 era - 2/8/2006 11:01:51 AM   
Philodraco

By the way, the biggest cruiser in chinese navy Hai Chi(ŠCš«), not in the Chinese navy OOB.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Philodraco -- 2/8/2006 11:03:26 AM >

(in reply to Philodraco)
Post #: 4
RE: China in 1922-1930 era - 2/8/2006 6:37:13 PM   
Mike Carroll

Great info. I know this is a naval game, but I have felt that China and Manchuria were kind of afterthoughts. The policy towards China in all likelyhood would be the actual cause for the war between the US and Japan. In fact the core reason for war during WWII between Japan and the US, was the Japanese aggression in China.

China and Manchuria were extremely important to the Japanese; politically, militarily and economically.

I would like to see the Chinese OOB reworked, incorporating these warlords. I think it is possible that one or more of the factions or warlords would actually be Japanese allies. Then you could have a legitimate land war in China that might actually be closer to a "historic" might have been.

I know alot of people discount historical accuracy because this is "fantasy" war anyway. But I would like to see something that incorporates more accurately the political climate of the time.

A scenario based on failed Washington Naval Talks, Jap aggression in Manchuria and US intervention in China. This would probably see minor improvements in the US forces in the Philippines in 1922 and more improvements by 1926. A larger Jap fleet and French forces would be strictly neutral. The British would probably have a bigger precense in the Pacific in 1922 perhaps less so in 1926. Not sure would have to do some more research.

(in reply to Philodraco)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> China in 1922-1930 era Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI