Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Force Management: Where is it?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Force Management: Where is it? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Force Management: Where is it? - 7/8/2000 8:56:00 PM   
Aktion T4

Hopefully I can spark enough interest in this topic so the dev team can look into making it easier for us micro-managing generals to organize our units. Is there any way possible to include a menu in the game to organize the structure of leadership for all of your units? I've noticed that some "0" level units have command ratings less than some of their subordinates and this really doesn't make any sense. What I would like to see is a menu that will enable us to micro-manage this aspect of the game. I would like to "promote" a subordinate unit to a leadership role if I feel that it is necessary. Also, in the purchase screen, the units listed on the right hand side do not have there unit levels visible. I would like to see "A0" for my HQ unit as well as the unit levels for all units in my core. I keep track of performance, experience and command ratings on paper for a variety of units and when I feel that it is necessary to change a particular unit, I can't do it because it is a guessing game as to which unit I want to replace because they aren't labelled! Anyone else feel that there should be more control over what units can take command roles? Personally, I could spend more time organizing my forces and fine tuning them than I would playing the game! Let's toss some ideas around and see what we come up with for a Force Management Menu. Personally, this is something I always wanted to have in the game because I like managing my units to the last detail. Aktion T4

Post #: 1
- 7/8/2000 10:30:00 PM   
Ken Rutsky

> I've noticed that some "0" level units have command ratings less than some of their subordinates and this really doesn't make any sense. Why not? In the US Army, f'rinstance, a platoon lieutenant was likely a "90-day wonder," fresh from training with little or no experience, while his sergeants would often be more experienced in combat, with all the advantages that entails (not just knowing what to do and when, but also having the faith and trust the men under them). >Also, in the purchase screen, the units listed on the right hand side do not have there unit levels visible. The very first unit in your purchase screen (the HQ unit) is your A0. The first unit on the list for each formation is that formation's command unit. The game already provides for replacement leaders should your formation commanders buy the farm. Ken Rutsky

Though it be broken -- Broken again -- still it's there, The moon on the water Chosu

(in reply to Aktion T4)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Force Management: Where is it? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI