Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

basic definitions thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> basic definitions thread Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
basic definitions thread - 2/12/2006 9:09:49 PM   
nokhor

i only recently started COG and so far it's the best napoleonics computer game i've played. it obviously has a steep learning curve but that's fine because the rewards are worth it. my main complaint so far is that i wish there was a basic definitions thread or something where beginning players can go find some info that might not be included in the manual. i'm not talking about a strategy guide thread like ralegh's on how to do things, or whether morale for beginning units to be tweaked, but more of a simpler where things are/ what they mean etc.

for example, it took me a while to realize that NML that i see in a lot of posts here mean National Morale Level? and it is found in diplomacy-->country details-->it's the blue bar next to the country and that it represents the primary determinant of when a nation will surrender. or that if both nation A and nation B are at war with nation C, then they can't go to war with each other. i'm talking primarily about info that is not in the manual. it would be nice if a lot of that info that might be taken for granted by the more experienced players was concentrated somewhere that newbies like me could access.
Post #: 1
RE: basic definitions thread - 2/12/2006 9:30:24 PM   
garoco

when you reach level of -750 more or less is very probably that you country surrender

(in reply to nokhor)
Post #: 2
RE: basic definitions thread - 2/12/2006 11:28:22 PM   
ericbabe

That's a good idea.

We're also working on a revised manual to incorporate all of the version history, and as part of that we have considered including a glossary of terms and an expanded FAQ (the current FAQ is in the readme.txt file).

Feel free to ask any questions you might have regarding COG terminology.

(in reply to garoco)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> basic definitions thread Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI