Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Add-in modules

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Add-in modules Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Add-in modules - 2/17/2006 1:37:33 AM   
Fouts

Hello, I finally purchased PureSim after following its progress for a couple years. I enjoy playing out my games, and had a couple questions.

1) I've never seen anyone get thrown out on a sac fly (threw 100 games played). Has anyone else noticed this?

2) Some teams overuse their #1 releiver. One guy has 177ip in relief (1980 season). Is there a global setting I can change to curtail the overuse?

3) None of my players have been injured. Is there a place to set the injury frequency?

4) I only have 2 add-in modules. Where can I get more?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Add-in modules - 2/17/2006 6:16:35 AM   
Beach23BoyP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fouts

Hello, I finally purchased PureSim after following its progress for a couple years. I enjoy playing out my games, and had a couple questions.

1) I've never seen anyone get thrown out on a sac fly (threw 100 games played). Has anyone else noticed this?

2) Some teams overuse their #1 releiver. One guy has 177ip in relief (1980 season). Is there a global setting I can change to curtail the overuse?

3) None of my players have been injured. Is there a place to set the injury frequency?

4) I only have 2 add-in modules. Where can I get more?

Thanks.

1. Maybe not. Shaun needs to fix this -- if that is so.
2. Yes. You you can set "hook value" in two places. However, I see a few guys with about 100 or appearances. However, the values often don't seem to make that much difference.
3. Yes. I've increased the value in the XML file and I think I've got injuries dead nuts.
4. I think I have 5.

As soon as I get time I was going to put a tutorial on my website explaining certain tweaks to the XML file. BTW, errors also need to be tweaked. I'm close on that value.

(in reply to Fouts)
Post #: 2
RE: Add-in modules - 2/17/2006 7:48:02 AM   
Fouts

Thanks for the reply.

1) Knowing the guy tagging from 2nd or 3rd cannot get thrown out, gives me an advantage over the computer. I hope it gets fixed.

2) Where can I change the hook setting? Hopefully something I can set for all the teams at once.

3) Do you get injuries during games? Injuries for the teams that are simming are just fine, but since I am playing out each game, I never get an injury. I am getting the feeling nobody plays out the games.

4) Where can I find more add-in modules?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 3
RE: Add-in modules - 2/17/2006 2:14:36 PM   
hooverfox

1) Ive seen plenty get thrown out while tagging up, esspecially anoying with a man getting thrown out at the plate. Although I havb noticed that I can tag from 1st to 2nd far too easily.

3) I also have had players injured, but only normally about 3 or 4 a season, it does happen in the game. If its the pitcher then it will automaticly call up the screen to change him. It will also give you a prompt after that games been finishd. You will also get a prompt on any injured minor leaguers once the game they get injured in is simed.

(in reply to Fouts)
Post #: 4
RE: Add-in modules - 2/17/2006 4:11:29 PM   
Beach23BoyP

Make the following changes in the XML file:

Increase injuries to these values:
:: <INJURIES freq=".82" freqPitchers=".88">

To increase errors (this is a huge change):
:: <FIELDING_ERRORS BaseAdj="-10.20"/>

To decrease / increase pitching appearances and innings pitched change these values. This has always been a problem for me. I've never come up with values that I'm happy with. However, I haven't tried in quite awhile.
:: <PITCHER_HOOK hookVal="-1" hookValRelief="-2"/>

(in reply to hooverfox)
Post #: 5
RE: Add-in modules - 2/17/2006 9:14:28 PM   
jono

1) I've never had anyone thrown out or thrown anyone out after the prompt box came up asking if I want to tag up or attempt to throw out an opponent who is tagging up and I'm almost done managing my fifth 162 game season. I know you used to be able to do it prior to the 2005 edition but the only time I've had anyone thrown out in the 2005 version is when the computer tries to take an extra base for me after a hit.

3) Injuries don't seem to happen all that often but it seems when a player does get injured once he tends to get injured again. My ace pitcher has been injured 9 times in a little less than 5 seasons and I don't think that the rest of my Major League team has been injured 9 times combined in the 5 seasons. My minor leaguers get injured slightly more but I think that may be because I never play the big leaguers when they are tired, never start a pitcher unless he's feeling great and seldom use a reliever unless he's feeling great.

Post #: 6
RE: Add-in modules - 2/18/2006 1:36:50 AM   
Fouts

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beach23BoyP

Make the following changes in the XML file:

Increase injuries to these values:
:: <INJURIES freq=".82" freqPitchers=".88">

To increase errors (this is a huge change):
:: <FIELDING_ERRORS BaseAdj="-10.20"/>

To decrease / increase pitching appearances and innings pitched change these values. This has always been a problem for me. I've never come up with values that I'm happy with. However, I haven't tried in quite awhile.
:: <PITCHER_HOOK hookVal="-1" hookValRelief="-2"/>

Thank you for this information.

Anyone know of a link to some add-in modules? I'm a stats-nut.

Post #: 7
RE: Add-in modules - 4/13/2006 4:46:16 PM   
Fouts

Bump. I hope 1-3 (from the original post) is fixed in the new version. I enjoy playing out my games and these problems blow it for me.

(in reply to Fouts)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Add-in modules Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI