Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some Game Questions.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Some Game Questions..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some Game Questions..... - 2/20/2006 1:07:00 AM   
coachbj

Ive been watching this game I think since FPS 99 flopped, or at least the last 3-4 years. Now that the release is closing in I have some game questions.

1. Will you be able to run option type play? Ala like in EA's NCAA Game. I think I asked this several years ago on the old forum. But I dont remember the answer. Basically be able to fake and dive carry out the option, and the animation would show a true option pitch, unlike FPS which was just a super long handoff if you ever tried to run option plays.

2. Since there are no nets, due to copyright laws. Will there still be more narrow Goalpost for the indoor game? Its seems it would be pretty easy to make FGs if the are still regulation and only half of a field. Touchbacks you think would be easy too, if there are no nets. Can we scale back kicker stats to curve some of that?

3. How many different facemask are there to choose from in the game?

4. Do indoor players, play both ways? Is that an option to turn on or off in the rules?

5. I know there is motion in the game. Are there shift? Like there where in FPS where players go shift before anyone went in motion?

Ok I think thats it for now. Thanks in advance for Daves, Eriks, Jennifers, or anyone else response.
Post #: 1
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/20/2006 2:53:03 AM   
zowee77

If you will do a search in the forums you will find the answer to most of your questions. I know the question you asked in regard to indoor football is a recent thread that you will find that should answer your question.

(in reply to coachbj)
Post #: 2
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/21/2006 11:48:05 PM   
CFL_FAN_7

Where can I get a maximum-football demo?Can I get it free?

(in reply to coachbj)
Post #: 3
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/27/2006 10:38:46 PM   
bigticket

In career mode, if a player gets a season ending injury can that affect his endurance for future years? Or is his endurance affected negatively only as he gets older?

(in reply to CFL_FAN_7)
Post #: 4
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/27/2006 11:13:51 PM   
Toddzilla

Where can you get tickets to the Beer Tent?

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 5
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 12:01:01 AM   
bigticket

David,
In career mode, if a player gets a season ending injury can that affect his endurance for future years? Or is his endurance affected negatively only as he gets older?

(in reply to Toddzilla)
Post #: 6
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 12:26:23 AM   
BaboonHeart

I have a question too since this has been the place to be put aside for questions. If you do not know football but want t to beat your friends and your brother what do you do in this game to win? I wanted to play this game but when I went with my mom to Walmart last night they said they did not know what I was talking about. I told them the whole world praticly is about to start playing this game even some guy that may be from russia was on the message board talking about how he was going the play. They still said no, but I think it was beause this guy that works there in the department is a real jerk and he thinks he is a big shot because he graduated 2 years ago and has a car. Everytime I go in there at night when my mom shops he is there working and can never anwer any questions. I even stopped asking him about RPGs because he always says he doesnt play kid games. I had to tell him that in some tournaments and stuff there are guys even 30 years who play games, but he never cares. I think this game is cool I even saw a movie on another post if you have not seen it.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 7
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 12:30:58 AM   
Dean Houston

i tell all my friends about MF

they say "what is MF?"

i say "maximum football you silly guys"

i tell them how you can create custom football leagues

i tell them about CFL and how they play football in Canada too and you don't have to be Canadian to play in CFL

they did not believe me and i say "yes it's true, you can make the Canadian Football League with MF"

pretty soon all of Europe will know about Maximum Football. i try to tell everybody.

ok bye

I am the greatest QB in all of text-sim football.

(in reply to BaboonHeart)
Post #: 8
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 12:38:12 AM   
Lions

Hey Dean,

Tell everyone to go to http://www.maximum-football.com and they can find out all about MF.

Sladebuck

(in reply to Dean Houston)
Post #: 9
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 12:40:40 AM   
David Winter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toddzilla

Yes. Tickets to the beer tent are $45

Disclaimer.
Beer tent does not contain real beer or any product of any kind. Side effects of buying beer tent tickets include nausea, head aches, dry mouth, irritation of friends and loved ones, kidney failure, liver failure, possible blindness, empty wallet syndrome, and possible smashed cars. In extreme cases possible side effects include sudden cardiac death. If you've experienced sudden cardiac death, consult your doctor.

(in reply to Toddzilla)
Post #: 10
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 1:52:09 AM   
bigticket

So you can answer that question but not a game question. I understand now.

(in reply to coachbj)
Post #: 11
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 3:09:06 AM   
Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Beer tent does not contain real beer or any product of any kind.

Until someone comes out with the third-party beer mod

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 12
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 3:22:19 AM   
knightwire

Lighten up bigticket.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 13
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 4:02:59 AM   
Bee

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigticket

So you can answer that question but not a game question. I understand now.

Technically, he didn't answer the question. He was asked WHERE to buy tickets. He answered that they were available and the price, but not WHERE to buy the tickets.

BTW, you can send me the $45 for the tickets...I'm an authorized dealer.

(in reply to bigticket)
Post #: 14
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 4:47:13 AM   
bigticket

quote:

Lighten up bigticket

He's dodged too many of my game questions.

(in reply to Bee)
Post #: 15
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 5:06:00 AM   
Marauders

quote:

1. Will you be able to run option type play?

This was answered in another thread. Maximum-Football will not have an option pitch at release. It was in the game and tested in earlier builds, but it wasn't ready for release. David has stated he would like to add it to the game in an update if it works well enough.

quote:

2. Since there are no nets, due to copyright laws. Will there still be more narrow Goalpost for the indoor game?

There will not be the ultra skinny goal posts, but they are only as wide as the indoor hash marks.

quote:

Its seems it would be pretty easy to make FGs if the are still regulation and only half of a field.

It is the same for both clubs.

quote:

Touchbacks you think would be easy too, if there are no nets. Can we scale back kicker stats to curve some of that?

There are no punts in indoor rules.

quote:

3. How many different facemask are there to choose from in the game?

As I recall from the old forums, there are 13 face masks and a choice to have no face mask.

quote:

4. Do indoor players, play both ways?

Not that I know of.

quote:

5. I know there is motion in the game. Are there shift? Like there where in FPS where players go shift before anyone went in motion?

Not that I know of. This has been mentioned on the boards before, but I do not know if it is any future list of features.

quote:

As I recall, injuries could affect endurance and other stats, but I am not sure how much of that got in the game during career mode testing.

quote:

That is a feature for head to head single computer leagues. In my league, the home team provides refreshments. No tickets are needed.

quote:

I wanted to play this game but when I went with my mom to Walmart last night they said they did not know what I was talking about.

This game will not be available at Walmart because Matrix Games sells its games via download or mail order. I suspect the only way Maximum-Football would be seen on Walmart store shelves is if the rights were purchased by a mega game corporation or if it was made in China. Neither of the those situations are valid with this title.

(in reply to coachbj)
Post #: 16
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 5:23:53 AM   
bigticket

I realize the hands attribute will be mainly used for fumbling, but will this attribute be applied for other areas of the game?

CB-chuck at LOS?
FG holder-handling the snap?
WR-shedding chuck at LOS?
OL-combines with blocking?
DL-combines with block avoidance as shedding the block?
C-snapping the ball successfully?
Returners-fielding punts or kickoffs, or is this catch?

That was from December??? No reply; later we got this from Erik on 2/7:

"Hands: How likely is this player to fumble when being tackled."
That's all hands is for?
Over a year ago when I asked David about hands his reply was "whenever hands is used ina real game it will be used in the game".

(in reply to coachbj)
Post #: 17
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 5:47:47 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Yes. Tickets to the beer tent are $45

Disclaimer.
Beer tent does not contain real beer or any product of any kind. Side effects of buying beer tent tickets include nausea, head aches, dry mouth, irritation of friends and loved ones, kidney failure, liver failure, possible blindness, empty wallet syndrome, and possible smashed cars. In extreme cases possible side effects include sudden cardiac death. If you've experienced sudden cardiac death, consult your doctor.

LOL

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 18
RE: Some Game Questions..... - 2/28/2006 6:22:03 PM   
CFL_FAN_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: CFL_FAN_7

Where can I get a maximum-football demo?Can I get it free?

(in reply to CFL_FAN_7)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Some Game Questions..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI