Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Available uniform colors on release

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Available uniform colors on release Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 5:27:14 AM   
Maliki

This may belong in the uniform thread if so please move it.

From what i have read there is going to be only two default colors for created teams in the game.Red and white.Was i reading some comments made correctly?

If so are there plans by Matrix to add a download for basic uniform colors?Nothing fancy,just to give us whom do not have a paint program or the artistic ability to creat uniforms an ability to add some flavor to our created teams.

Basic colors such as black,green,blue,orange?

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."
Post #: 1
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:01:56 AM   
Marauders

There are plenty of uniform colors represented.

There are 31 teams in the game. After you create a new team, just go into the files and copy the one you want to your team folder. Then go in and save a new helmet logo if you have one.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 3/1/2006 8:36:37 AM >

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 2
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:33:34 AM   
Maliki

I understand that.Also how would i go about taking the colors from the default teams and putting them on my created teams?

Its just that two default colors offered with the game(once again if i read things correctly)seems kind of Chinzy.

How can i have "maximum flexibility" in the game if i'm stuck with red or white as a uni color and no program to change them?

Not everyone will want to shell out extra money to buy a paint program nor will they have the time or inclination to create uniforms if they do.Third party developers may not even make such simplistic color patterns as they may see it as a waste of time,when they can be creating multi-color garish works of art.

So i don't believe it is too much to ask that a supported feature by Matrix be no-frills basic colors.No logos..no time consuming multi colored patterns.Just some primary colors.Some people may be put off from the game once they realize that the "maximum customization" of team colors involve two choices.

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:38:02 AM   
TheKtulu

Blah. What colors/combinations do you want? Do you want striping or just plain?

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 4
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:41:26 AM   
Marauders

quote:

So i don't believe it is too much to ask that a supported feature by Matrix be no-frills basic colors.No logos..no time consuming multi colored patterns.Just some primary colors.Some people may be put off from the game once they realize that the "maximum customization" of team colors involve two choices.

It will take you less than one minute to copy the files over from one team to another. If you want a logo other than the ones that come with the game, you will have to do that yourself or download a logo created by another player.

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 5
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:43:04 AM   
Maliki

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheKtulu

I'm not sure.This was just a question regarding such.Its not like i was saying they should include 100 different colors..just 5 or 6 for beginners.

(in reply to TheKtulu)
Post #: 6
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:47:36 AM   
frunky

Maybe someone will add to the uniform editor where it will let you change the colors like fbpro and madden do

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:50:20 AM   
Maliki

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

There are 31 teams in the game. After you create a new team, just go into the files and copy the one you want to your team folder. Then go in and save a new helmet logo if you have one.

See that makes more sense then your initial unedited answer.I don't know how the game mechanics work(unlike some here).Still seems like more work then needed for such a simple thing.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 8
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:52:44 AM   
TheKtulu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maliki

quote:

I'm not sure.This was just a question regarding such.Its not like i was saying they should include 100 different colors..just 5 or 6 for beginners.

And I was seriously asking. I'm sitting here bored, with a paint program. I can do a whole slew of different basic jerseys & helmets & whatnot.

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 9
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:54:43 AM   
Maliki

quote:

ORIGINAL: frunky

Maybe someone will add to the uniform editor where it will let you change the colors like fbpro and madden do

That would be a nice utility.People want things kept simple,especially for such small things.I'm not asking for career mode v2.0 or owner mode 1.1.Just wondering why the default colors for created teams only has two choices.

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 10
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:59:37 AM   
Marauders

quote:

See that makes more sense then your initial unedited answer .I don't know how the game mechanics work(unlike some here).Still seems like more work then needed for such a simple thing.

Do not forget that it isn't just the color that you may want to change. Uniforms can have differing patterns and such, as you mentioned, but also different textures for pads and other things that you may want to use.

Yeah, if the game had thirty default uniforms in one file that could be copied to the team folder during the creation of the team, that would be really nice for people who would rather not even touch that sort of thing. It does have that sort of thing for face mask color.

Maybe we should ask David to consider adding that after release.

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 11
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 9:02:24 AM   
Maliki

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maliki

quote:

And I was seriously asking. I'm sitting here bored, with a paint program. I can do a whole slew of different basic jerseys & helmets & whatnot.

Thanks for the offer.Until the game comes out i'm not beyond the concept stage of teams.So i really can't say.As far as the game goes i'm focused on team styles and plays then on this...just that this has developed into a bit of a pet peeve.

(in reply to TheKtulu)
Post #: 12
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 9:06:56 AM   
Maliki

quote:

quote:

See that makes more sense then your initial unedited answer .I don't know how the game mechanics work(unlike some here).Still seems like more work then needed for such a simple thing.

Do not forget that it isn't just the color that you may want to change. Uniforms can have differing patterns and such, as you mentioned, but also different textures for pads and other things that you may want to use.

Yeah, if the game had thirty default uniforms in one file that could be copied to the team folder during the creation of the team, that would be really nice for people who would rather not even touch that sort of thing. It does have that sort of thing for face mask color.

Thanks Marauders.I wasn't trying to be a dick.Just wondering about this option.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 13
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 9:08:38 AM   
David Winter

The red and white uniforms are there simply to provide something for the game to load and display when a team is first created. You get really nice stark white players with out those there

As for uniform creation/editing, there is really nothing I could add to the game that would be better than (or possibly even close to) what is already out there for the PC.

Although a long way from Photo Shop, MSPaint comes free with Windows and I've seen some not bad uniforms done with it.

Ask yourself if you'd rather me spend my development time reinventing what is already freely available or working on other things.. like say.. online play..

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 14
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 9:17:32 AM   
Maliki

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

The red and white uniforms are there simply to provide something for the game to load and display when a team is first created. You get really nice stark white players with out those there

As for uniform creation/editing, there is really nothing I could add to the game that would be better than (or possibly even close to) what is already out there for the PC.

Although a long way from Photo Shop, MSPaint comes free with Windows and I've seen some not bad uniforms done with it.

Ask yourself if you'd rather me spend my development time reinventing what is already freely available or working on other things.. like say.. online play..

From the man himself.Case closed.Make it yourself.

Though i warn you i will find another little nitpick...I'll be back

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 15
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 9:58:48 AM   
TheKtulu

Well, boredom got the best of me. So, I'm currently doing basic single stripe uniforms in the following colors with white:

black
silver
gold
navy blue
royal blue
powder blue
red
green
orange
purple
brown
aqua
yellow

I'm gonna have white helmets with each of those color stripes, then each of those color helmets with a white stripe. Same with the pants, then a plain jersey in each color.

After that I may go ahead and do a few other common combinations, like silver & black, yellow & green, gold & red, etc.

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 16
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 11:10:15 AM   
TheKtulu

Ok.. the basic colors are done. 2mb zip file for anyone that wants them. There's actually still a lot of customization available even with just the basic colors, since the uniforms are broken down into multiple files. You can do a uniform with, for example, white pants, blue jersey with yellow sleeves & red shoulders, a purple nameplate, and a green helmet, if you wanted to.

(in reply to TheKtulu)
Post #: 17
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 3:29:43 PM   
DandricSturm

quote:

You can do a uniform with, for example, white pants, blue jersey with yellow sleeves & red shoulders, a purple nameplate, and a green helmet, if you wanted to.

Ah, my old High School colors.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to TheKtulu)
Post #: 18
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 5:25:53 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: DandricSturm

quote:

You can do a uniform with, for example, white pants, blue jersey with yellow sleeves & red shoulders, a purple nameplate, and a green helmet, if you wanted to.

Ah, my old High School colors.

LOL

< Message edited by Sonny -- 3/1/2006 5:26:17 PM >

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to DandricSturm)
Post #: 19
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 6:06:52 PM   
Passacaglia

quote:

Why are there 31 teams in the game?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 20
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 7:04:15 PM   
Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Passacaglia

I think he meant to say 30 - the game comes with a default 16-team American league, a 10-team Canadian league, and a 4-team indoor league. Unless there's a 31st team that's not in any league so you can just play around with the creation features.

(in reply to Passacaglia)
Post #: 21
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 8:58:55 PM   
Marauders

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks Marauders.I wasn't trying to be a dick.Just wondering about this option.

Maliki, I didn't think you were being a dick or being rude. You asked a simple question. No problem.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 3/2/2006 6:18:53 PM >

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 22
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/1/2006 10:45:52 PM   
frunky

Maybe release the sourcecode for just the uniform editor

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 23
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/2/2006 1:19:19 AM   
james17

Hey Thanks!!

Can you post the file somewhere or are you able to email it to us?

(in reply to TheKtulu)
Post #: 24
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/2/2006 4:02:07 PM   
Passacaglia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Passacaglia

I think he meant to say 30 - the game comes with a default 16-team American league, a 10-team Canadian league, and a 4-team indoor league. Unless there's a 31st team that's not in any league so you can just play around with the creation features.

What's the point of including a 16-team American league? We're all going to have to make it 32, or some other number? Why not just let us create all the teams ourselves?

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 25
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/2/2006 5:49:14 PM   
Breeze

Some people will want to play some games first before trying to create teams.

(in reply to Passacaglia)
Post #: 26
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/2/2006 6:29:03 PM   
Marauders

quote:

There are 5 indoor teams as an example how the game would run an uneven schedule.

quote:

Maybe release the sourcecode for just the uniform editor

That would be illegal, because the game has no built in editor, and I doubt that Matrix Games could release the source code to Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro.

Any .bmp editor can be used to make uniforms, including MS Paint that is built into Windows, but using a program with layers is easier to use because textures can be added without drawing them for each uniform.

quote:

What's the point of including a 16-team American league? We're all going to have to make it 32, or some other number? Why not just let us create all the teams ourselves?

A 16 team league is much easier to manage. The NFL has 32 teams, but this is not an NFL emulator. It is almost just as easy to add new teams as it is to modify the teams to any specific league.

quote:

Some people will want to play some games first before trying to create teams.

That's about it. A 32 team league takes a long time to sim a week of games rather than a 16 team league. Some people will want to cut that down to an eight team league just to get the feel of the game.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 3/2/2006 6:34:17 PM >

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 27
RE: Available uniform colors on release - 3/2/2006 6:36:33 PM   
Frenzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

If you want a more powerful and free tool you can try out Paint.net. It was designed to replace Window Paint but more functionality was added.

Paint.net

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Available uniform colors on release Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI